CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't said anything that I have seen up until the statement release from his lawyer today. I have seen the press reporting things all over the place as far as the story. For a while the press was saying they exchanged the baby at Safeway. I think we should go with whatever was reported by LE during the press conference. JMO.
Thank you.

We learn from that video:

Kelsey was born in Grant County, Washington
She was raised in Warden, Washington
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Her parents are retired Hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho

Her uncle (mom's brother) lives in Moses Lake, WA and he said:
Kelsey and her mom talked often
They were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
Her mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes
It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey

Kelsey trained as a pilot at Big Ben Community College
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID
Then she got the big career break she was looking for in Pueblo, CO
She got hired by Doss Aviation as a flight instructor

Before that, Kelsey spent most of her childhood attending Crestview in Moses Lake
Crestview school is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist church which held a vigil for Kelsey

"Kelsey and her mom typically talk quite often" (the 1:24 mark in the video), so why didn't her mom call to talk until a full 10 days after Thanksgiving (December 2nd), if she knew "when to call and when not to"?

Jumping off your post because I liked a point you made.

If she was in fact traveling to Washington or someplace in Idaho, she would have made it a hell of a lot further than 600 miles in 3 days.

Yet another reason that I don’t think she was making any sort of a road trip.

Hard to do that without her car anyways.

I agree that your timeline is the most likely 1.

But we don't actually know *for sure* when she disappeared, do we? We just know when she was "last seen."

For ex, even though she was last reported seen and last captured on video on Thanksgiving, she could've hung out at her house for 2 days, and then taken a trip... Just want to keep options open until we know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that at first, but listen to the press conference again. The chief says Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Dec 2 and that's when he told the mom that he received a text from Kelsey on Nov 25. Kelsey's mom called the fiance and LE on the same day, Dec 2.

It's around the 2:11 mark on the video:

This video didn't say she texted her job- it says she had the 22nd off and then asked for time off

"Kelsey and her mom typically talk quite often" (the 1:24 mark in the video), so why didn't her mom call to talk until a full 10 days after Thanksgiving (December 2nd)?
We don't know the mom didn't try to reach her during those 10 days. Perhaps Kelsey's mom did call, but never heard back from Kelsey....so finally, after days of no reply, contacted the fiance and LE.

jmo

P

Perhaps he didn’t know she was missing!
(Don’t kick me out of WS.)
He knew that he hadn't heard from her, yet he failed to call her mom or the police. Scott Peterson called Laci's phone and then later called Laci's mom to ask if she'd seen her. That's what you would do if your SO didn't contact you for a reasonable period of time.

"Kelsey and her mom typically talk quite often" (the 1:24 mark in the video), so why didn't her mom call to talk until a full 10 days after Thanksgiving (December 2nd)?
According to LE mom is not taking interviews right now - so we don't know how many times she may have tried to reach her and simply hung up when there was no answer - or if the phone went straight to voicemail? So much we really do not know but if PF is not allowing LE to search his property/vehicle/ etc. that is a red flag to me IMO. He should be working with them to clear himself so they can move on and find her JMO.

Has there ever been a case on Websleuths where the SO was very suspicious for example-

Never did any local or national interviews
Never went to any of the press conferences
And retained a lawyer

But turned out to be totally innocent?

Just curious

I think that scenario would be rare for sure. But, also, to be fair, I've never seen a Websleuths case where forum users didn't think the fiance/spouse/partner seemed suspicious no matter what they do. Sometimes people think they are over involved and talk too much, but the opposite is true too...sometimes people think they don't show the appropriate amount of emotion or involvement. In both extremes, I've seen the guy turn up guilty...as well as the guy turn up innocent.

People don't all react to tragic news the same way, so it's hard to tell.

I find it suspicious he didn't contact the police, for example, but I can think of rational circumstances that might explain that. Some hypothetical possibilities...he knew she took a trip, they were broken up, she told him to leave her alone, she had a history of extreme behavior recently...again, hypothetical...for purposes of discussion.

If your fiance and mother of your child mysteriously vanished, wouldn't you be in contact with LE daily? Public aware of presser -- sorry excuse that PF didn't know about press conference IMO.
He did know about the press conf. LE said so, but told the media if they wanted to know why they would have to ask him themselves.
Her brother as well as brother in law have been crying on the news.......WHY hasted PF?

And if someone did voluntarily disappear they would most likely contact LE to let them know they voluntarily went missing once it became a national headline.
jmo

I agree most of us would do that.

But the people who go missing are often in vulnerable situations and may not be in the most stable place, emotionally. We have many examples of people who left and had to be tracked down by authorities, who did not contact police despite a nationwide search.

This video didn't say she texted her job- it says she had the 22nd off and then asked for time off
Listen again. At the 2:30 mark the chief says that LE contacted her employer who informed LE that they received a text from Kelsey's phone on 25 Nov stating she would not be into work the following week.

My guess is that he is listed on the BC. It wouldn't be too unusual for a child of an unmarried couple to have the mother's last name. Its usually the mother that provides the information. If he is not on the BC, then I think family services would have already assumed custody of the child and instituted legal process to grant temporary custody to either the state or Kelsey's parents.
Ok, thanks. In Illinois, the state requires the father to sign an acknowledgement of paternity if his name is listed on the birth certificate. I just thought it strange that the Chief felt the need to let everyone know the child's last name is her mother's. JMO

Of course anything is possible. The thing that sticks with me the most is why she would take the time to inform her employer that she was going to be gone for a while, but not her own family
So, to state the obvious, it might have been someone else using her phone and pretending to be her of course. But, if she was having problems and felt vulnerable or embarrassed, she may have wanted to tell as few people as possible. There are definitely things that my spouse and I have shared with our work, because we had to keep them informed due to our daily schedule changes, that we never mentioned to my parents...either bc we didn't think they needed to know, we didn't want them to worry, we thought they'd overreact, etc.

I thought that at first, but listen to the press conference again. The chief says Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Dec 2 and that's when he told the mom that he received a text from Kelsey on Nov 25. Kelsey's mom called the fiance and LE on the same day, Dec 2.

It's around the 2:11 mark on the video:

You are right. ooops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members