CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone find any pictures where she is wearing an engagement ring? I found the picture of her holding a cup of coffee with her left hand - no ring that I can see. It's in one of the Missing pictures - I will try to find the story that included it in MSM
Many 7th Day Adventists don't wear jewelry in conformance with their teachings. So the absence of an engagement ring wouldn't be indicative of anything.

I think that scenario would be rare for sure. But, also, to be fair, I've never seen a Websleuths case where forum users didn't think the fiance/spouse/partner seemed suspicious no matter what they do. Sometimes people think they are over involved and talk too much, but the opposite is true too...sometimes people think they don't show the appropriate amount of emotion or involvement. In both extremes, I've seen the guy turn up guilty...as well as the guy turn up innocent.

People don't all react to tragic news the same way, so it's hard to tell.

I find it suspicious he didn't contact the police, for example, but I can think of rational circumstances that might explain that. Some hypothetical possibilities...he knew she took a trip, they were broken up, she told him to leave her alone, she had a history of extreme behavior recently...again, hypothetical...for purposes of discussion.
The last case I followed was Molly Tibbetts' and I thought her fiancé was innocent from day 1. (To be fair, there were some who weren't so sure.)

"Kelsey and her mom typically talk quite often" (the 1:24 mark in the video), so why didn't her mom call to talk until a full 10 days after Thanksgiving (December 2nd)?

I have been questioning that as well. The only thing I can figure is that Kelsey had a busy work schedule coming up and her mom knew it so wasn't super concerned at first. Flight instructors have posted here that it is a job with long hours and you can work 6 or 7 days in a row sometimes before having a day off. Her mom not raising the alarm for 10 days and her uncle saying her mom knew her schedule and knew when to call her makes me think they did not text each other but only talked on the phone about once a week or so. I can sorta understand that as not everyone is into texting these days. Not everyone talks to their family daily either. My In-Laws still have to pay for each text they send or receive so we call them rather than text. We text with everyone else though. I question why none of Kelsey's friends or coworkers raised an alarm sooner though. It makes me think she was isolated without many close friends. JMO.

I would not expect someone to lawyer up if they're innocent. It's simply not how innocent people act. At least not at first.

I'm always surprised how many people advocate shutting down and not speaking to police if they're innocent. I'm an attorney and would absolutely not lawyer up unless I was guilty or unless it became clear they were trying to go after me.

And yes, legally it's the smart thing to do. But it's not human nature for innocent people to do that.

I agree completely...unless there are extenuating circumstances. For example, PF could know something we don't. He could *genuinely* know she said she was running away, or that she was using drugs, or so on. Or what if they'd been broken up for a long time and he knows she was in a new relationship. He may not be going to the presser because he hasn't been her "fiancé" in a year or more...but doesn't want to throw embarrassing or personal details out there on top of the existing public scrutiny.

Again, I think it's most likely she encountered foul play at the hands of someones she knew, but I'm leaving options open.

He did know about the press conf. LE said so, but told the media if they wanted to know why they would have to ask him themselves.
Her brother as well as brother in law have been crying on the news.......WHY hasted PF?

Can you link to the video of her brother and brother in law? I haven't seen that yet. TIA.

If your fiance and mother of your child mysteriously vanished, wouldn't you be in contact with LE daily? Public aware of presser -- sorry excuse that PF didn't know about press conference IMO.
What if they weren't really fiances or it turns out they were never in a committed relationship, but she let her parents think that so they wouldn't worry? If you had irregular contact with your baby's mother or you knew she had a new boyfriend, and she disappeared, you might not think it was your place to be the 1 in the spotlight.

Hi, new poster here, I've been a long time lurker of this site.

Seems to be some conflicting info about this case.... I was under the impression the fiance has the baby right now, but just read her family is taking care of her?? Also conflicting info about how the child was exchanged on Thanksgiving.. Did she drop the baby off at his house or did he pick her up at hers? If that was the last known interaction/sighting of KB why are they saying she was last seen at Safeway and not saying the last person to see her was her fiance when the baby was exchanged?

The cell phone pings in ID are confusing. Are they saying and do we know if the text messages from her phone on the 25th were actually sent from ID? Or was that just the last place her phone pinged a signal on the 25th? Does anyone know if there is any way possible to make a phone send a signal from a location other than where the phone is physically located? In other words, would it be at all possible for a phone that is in someone's possession in one state, to intentionally make it send a signal from another place 600 miles away as a way to make it appear the phone signaled from another location?

I think when some people say the baby is with her family, they mean the baby is with the baby girl's family. Meaning the dad and paternal grandpa. Just a thought. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know the mom didn't try to reach her during those 10 days. Perhaps Kelsey's mom did call, but never heard back from Kelsey....so finally, after days of no reply, contacted the fiance and LE.

jmo
I can't find the link to the brother (or brother in law) who was crying. He said her Mom had been calling her prior to calling PF

Patrick's attorney said Patrick is allowing the police to check his phone. The attorney didn't state that Patrick and his mom are allowing LE access to their trucks, horse trailers, and property. That isn't "cooperating fully with the investigation".
Well, he doesn't own the house he lives in nor the property. So, he can't give permission for that.

I would not expect someone to lawyer up if they're innocent. It's simply not how innocent people act. At least not at first.

I'm always surprised how many people advocate shutting down and not speaking to police if they're innocent. I'm an attorney and would absolutely not lawyer up unless I was guilty or unless it became clear they were trying to go after me.

And yes, legally it's the smart thing to do. But it's not human nature for innocent people to do that.

Gitana1,

I respect your opinions and appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts. I think we all do.

However, it should be noted that the father’s attorney said Patrick has voluntarily turned over his phone, given interviews, and cooperated with investigators. (That is not to say that he could not have done more, such as offering his vehicle and home for search.) With that info, it occurs to me that Patrick did not immediately retain an attorney.

Yet, I am sure that many, many people are suspicious of his role in Kelsey’s disappearance. I see nothing questionable about him retaining an attorney, innocent or not. His first “nature,” as you put it, was to cooperate and now he finds it would be wise to “get some legal advice.”

Please don’t take offense at my post. I do respect you.

He did know about the press conf. LE said so, but told the media if they wanted to know why they would have to ask him themselves.
Her brother as well as brother in law have been crying on the news.......WHY hasted PF?
According to statement released by PF attorney today, he only had an hour notice about the presser. I disagree with his attorney. MOO

I think that scenario would be rare for sure. But, also, to be fair, I've never seen a Websleuths case where forum users didn't think the fiance/spouse/partner seemed suspicious no matter what they do. Sometimes people think they are over involved and talk too much, but the opposite is true too...sometimes people think they don't show the appropriate amount of emotion or involvement. In both extremes, I've seen the guy turn up guilty...as well as the guy turn up innocent.

People don't all react to tragic news the same way, so it's hard to tell.

I find it suspicious he didn't contact the police, for example, but I can think of rational circumstances that might explain that. Some hypothetical possibilities...he knew she took a trip, they were broken up, she told him to leave her alone, she had a history of extreme behavior recently...again, hypothetical...for purposes of discussion.

True, but considering half or more of female homicide victims are killed by an intimate partner, it's a pretty reasonable suspicion.

CDC: Half Of All Female Homicide Victims Are Killed By Intimate Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member