CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a somewhat recent house purchase.
I'm interested in what her finances were like and the timing of this house purchase.
Did she have the money to buy a house on her own?
Or was this going to be the house she and her fiance shared after they got married?
It seems unusual to buy a house on your own if you are planning to be married soon and not planning to live there after that. Unless money is no issue or you have other reasons like investment purposes...
She has lived in CO since 2016, where did she live prior to 5/14/18?

Perhaps her family has money. Not that it makes any difference.

It's my understanding that it was the employer who told LE that they received a text from Kelsey. LE contacted the employer and then found out about the text, is what I understand from the press conference.

jmo

Hopefully by now LE has been able to get a search warrant for her phone records from the phone provider and get actual records as well.

I have a question if anyone knows the answer to this about cell phone records from phone companies. I looked into this before and I know they can get actual call information both to and from the phone but I am not sure if text messages to and from the phone are obtainable from phone companies records.

Does anyone know for sure about phone companies records if they contain text messages to and from the phone?

This was posted on the Missing Mother facebook page by the admin about an hour ago: "We are asking yet again, PLEASE STOP THE SPECULATION. Everything that is pertinent to assist in helping us find Kelsey is in the Press Conference video. All other information the family has the right to keep private. We will all be very ashamed of ourselves if we discover that some other reason, other than the conjectures being stated, turn out to be the cause of Kelsey's disappearance."

There must be a reason that law enforcement and the family is being so tight-lipped and deliberate about what they are and aren't releasing. I mean, it's not like they haven't thought of all the questions we are asking and need a bunch of random strangers suggesting the obvious. It is so confusing. I'm sure it will all come out eventually, but it's so perplexing.

So we should stop speculating without firm evidence and nothing to sleuth at this point in time.

What's weird is if the mom called her fiance and then suddenly kelsey's phone texts from Idaho to her work and her fiance to cover some tracks, why not text the mom too? Just to pacify her even with this story of being gone since her mother is the most likely to go to police first? Which she did. Why not throw in a text to her mom to try to buy time with her too if that was the point of those messages? Weird.
This is the strangest piece. Texts are easily verified. So the person who sent them knew who the fiance was and knew where she worked. Had to actually be her or someone close to her to know that. Also ignoring texts from mom. If you voluntarily left to start a new life why send a text and say you would be back in a week?

If this isn't correct please speak up :D

November 22nd - Thursday

(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB to her employer
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts - he returned her call
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference​

Woodland Park Police Department

Yes, Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Nov 25 and he called her back. Coincidentally, that is the same date that the fiance said he received a text from Kelsey and that her employer received a text from her phone stating she would not be at work that coming week.

I'd like to know the time of all those calls and texts on Nov 25. My hunch is that the call from Kelsey's mom to the fiance happened first...and then the texts. Just a hunch, not fact.

jmo
How would the fiance know that Kelsey sent a text to her employer?

This was posted on the Missing Mother facebook page by the admin about an hour ago: "We are asking yet again, PLEASE STOP THE SPECULATION. Everything that is pertinent to assist in helping us find Kelsey is in the Press Conference video. All other information the family has the right to keep private. We will all be very ashamed of ourselves if we discover that some other reason, other than the conjectures being stated, turn out to be the cause of Kelsey's disappearance."

There must be a reason that law enforcement and the family is being so tight-lipped and deliberate about what they are and aren't releasing. I mean, it's not like they haven't thought of all the questions we are asking and need a bunch of random strangers suggesting the obvious. It is so confusing. I'm sure it will all come out eventually, but it's so perplexing.

awww, when I hear that kind of stuff, it makes me suspicious of the situation. Are they trying to hide something that makes it likely that she ran off voluntarily? Did she tell others that she wanted to 'get away' or that she wanted to harm herself?

And her poor Mom seemed like she was all alone at that presser. Usually we see siblings, Aunts and uncles, etc.

Something seems off, but I am not sure what it is.

I wonder if that person was 'nervous' trying to fool the Mom. I know that I can tell my daughter's way of texting, her style of texting and wording, very well.

I wonder if someone was worried that they couldn't pull that off too easily?
I agree. I think I would recognize texts from each of my kids - and they also have a style they text to each other that is different than how they text to me (they spell words completely for me, lol!). If someone had her phone and texted the mom, the mom would likely reply and expect a bit of an exchange. That's hard to pull off convincingly.

jmo

This is the strangest piece. Texts are easily verified. So the person who sent them knew who the fiance was and knew where she worked. Had to actually be her or someone close to her to know that. Also ignoring texts from mom. If you voluntarily left to start a new life why send a text and say you would be back in a week?
Exactly especially if she were the one to send them and she's trying to start over or flee, why not tell your mom if you bother to tell anyone at all? That's why I highly doubt she sent those texts. I mean it's obvious that she probably didn't but looking into the specifics of it, it makes no sense at all. But none of it does! Frustrating.

I'm interested in what her finances were like and the timing of this house purchase.
Or was this going to be the house she and her fiance shared after they got married?
It seems unusual to buy a house on your own if you are planning to be married soon and not planning to live there after that. Unless money is no issue or you have other reasons like investment purposes...
On the same day, that property was conveyed by Kelsey (grantor) to "Flying 7 Land Co LLC" (grantee). I haven't tracked down a business registration for Flying 7 Land Co LLC yet - but I didn't find it in Colorado business registrations.

theCountyRecorder.com: Document Index

What's weird is if the mom called her fiance and then suddenly kelsey's phone texts from Idaho to her work and her fiance to cover some tracks, why not text the mom too? Just to pacify her even with this story of being gone since her mother is the most likely to go to police first? Which she did. Why not throw in a text to her mom to try to buy time with her too if that was the point of those messages? Weird.

I think her mom would insist on speaking with Kelsey. She was probably bombarding her phone with calls and not getting an answer. I sure would be if it was my daughter. Whomever sent the texts did NOT want to speak to her mom, employer or fiance. JMO

Hopefully by now LE has been able to get a search warrant for her phone records from the phone provider and get actual records as well.

I have a question if anyone knows the answer to this about cell phone records from phone companies. I looked into this before and I know they can get actual call information both to and from the phone but I am not sure if text messages to and from the phone are obtainable from phone companies records.

Does anyone know for sure about phone companies records if they contain text messages to and from the phone?

I remember having long discussions about this in other cases. Here is what I gathered form past ones.

SOME cell providers have logs that keep the actual messages for a period of time. Some keep them 48 hours or so, others longer. But at some point, they will be purged, and only the times/dates will be on record. No actual texts will remain.

I know from personal experience that Sprint has access to the actual words in your texts for at least 2 days. My daughters cell was stolen and we went to Sprint, and they pulled up her most recent texts, to see if someone else was using it. They weren't at that time, all the texts were the ones she had last sent. And it was the salesman at Sprint that was able to access the texts from his computer. Surprised me, actually. But I don't know how long they would be available.

awww, when I hear that kind of stuff, it makes me suspicious of the situation. Are they trying to hide something that makes it likely that she ran off voluntarily? Did she tell others that she wanted to 'get away' or that she wanted to harm herself?

And her poor Mom seemed like she was all alone at that presser. Usually we see siblings, Aunts and uncles, etc.

Something seems off, but I am not sure what it is.
BBM

I thought the same exact thing when I read the statement they released. Perhaps some kind emotional breakdown? And they don't want her to see or hear something in the media that encourages her to stay away longer? Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
If mine doesn't answer in ten minutes she knows I am randomly calling strangers who live nearby to go check on her....

When I was in law school I liked to spend my weekends sleeping...I didn't answer my phone one Saturday and after a few hours, my mom drove to my house looking for me. I guess it depends on the family. My husband can go without speaking to his parents for months and they don't think anything of it.

I wonder if the daughter was left with her father often, or if Kelsey had her most of the time. I can see not calling her mom for a few days, but to not touch base with her fiance when he had the daughter seems more troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite