CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #21 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I haven't been clear. I'm not questioning her having a PO Box instead of home mail delivery. I'm questioning her having her mail delivered to Florissant rather than Woodland Park. I agree it's not a super long distance, and maybe it's a beautiful and relaxing drive. But it's an entirely different direction than she goes for work. We've talked about her longish commute, busy toddler mom etc. There is just no way IMO she would keep Florissant as her mail location if they had broken up and she no longer had an expectation that she would soon be living in Florissant.

(I don't think she ever expected PF to move in with her at the townhome -- he would always need rural acreage unless he was giving up all horses, cows, and dog training. I think the townhouse was an interim place for her, and also a good investment as mentioned even if she only lived in it a short while.)

But if I had to go 15 miles out of my way to get the mail every day, especially if that meant going to the town where my ex lived, switching my mailing address to my own town (whether PO Box or not) would be one of the first things I would do.

Even if she drove to Florissant nearly every day for child pickup/dropoff anyway, it would still be a hassle to get mail on those days when she DIDN'T otherwise need to make that drive. And yes, she might not need to get her mail every day, I sure don't. This also suggests to me that PF may have been given a copy of her PO Box key, so if he was picking up/dropping off the baby in WP, he could bring her mail too. Seems logistically likely to me and in fact I've had similar arrangements.

I'm just saying that IMO the Florissant mailing address is an indication that KB still thought she might be moving there in the relatively near future. Meaning the claim they broke up months ago is just PF's claim.
Good points, and I agree.

The wording of the solicitation charge is interesting....."Between and including September 1 and November 1, 2019".... (three solicitations), sounds to me as if he was having trouble, and was unsuccessful in convincing someone to do the killing. If someone solicits someone to kill someone, they want the deed done as soon as possible, not wait several months. There is no solicitation between November 1 and November 22, the probable date of the murder. That also indicates he had no luck in the solicitation and had to do it himself ( probably did not want Kelsey looking him in the eye during the killing.)

As to his probable soliciting someone to take the phone to Idaho, I do not know if that could be interpreted to be in these solicitation charges or not. It is helping out with the murder IMO.

If all they did was take her phone to Idaho and send two text messages, then no. That’d be accessory after the fact or something like that.

I wondered the same thing. And it's crickets on the local community FB page. In a town that is generally notoriously gossipy, I find it strange. I unfollowed the page for a long time bc of all the dumb town drama and gossip.... anyway I also find it strange there is no search party organized, maybe bc they have a hard time knowing "where" to look... and there is so much open space... but there were searches for Kevin rudniki and Micah lambert...
That is why I am not on any social media.

I agree totally they probably don't have any idea of the area to search. Also, I'm just guessing he disposed of her somewhere quite remote and in the cases of Micah I think she was found along side Catamount Trail, correct, and Kevin's family located him very close to a road. I'm guessing Kelsey will not be in such an accessible location. But one never knows. I always favor a search but believe there has to be somewhat of a starting point. And speaking of Micah the RMNP SAR suspended their search of Micah Tice in the Longs peak area in early December after just a few days because of conditions, exposure and such. And this search was performed by SAR. I'm just hoping and praying her reamins will be located for the sake of the family.

I think this just came down to he didn't want to be tied down and she was making him feel like he had to be. He knew if she left him he would be having child support, visitation messes, daycare expenses, etc. I will bet money he discussed all of this with someone in the know. Now if Kelsey were out of the picture, he can stay living with his mother and have full time day care for free.
I hear ya - and I could see how a break-up would be a drain on him (from his point of view), but I really don't see this guy as thinking all that out. I think he simply was seething against her and wanted her gone because she wouldn't leave. He was sick of her being in his life, period, imo. I honestly don't think more thought was behind the motive than that. I could be wrong, of course!

He did put thought into killing and disposing of her, however, which is heartbreaking. She had no idea what was brewing, imo, but perhaps was confused by him.

jmo

Do we know what her work hours were?

I’m not at all familar with the job of flight instructor, so I have no idea if it’s a 9-5 thing or if she does it by appointment and has a more flexible schedule.

Would she be expected there each and every workday, weekends off? Would there be cancellations for weather where she knew she didn’t have to be there?

Snipped by me.

I also think he was telling people that he and Kelsey had broken up but not bothering to tell Kelsey that.

I keep thinking that he simply didn't like Kelsey, wasn't interested in her, didn't want her around....but she had integrity, commitment to stay as a family even in their rather strange way of doing it, and wholesome trust that everything would work out. She wasn't going anywhere, and PF's disinterest in her grew into resentment. He plotted her death for no other reason, imo, than he wanted her gone.

jmo

eta: I also think he had a gf, but that the gf specifically wasn't the motive for murder. It's possible he didn't like the gf all that much more than he liked KB, ykwim?
I don't think she had trust that everything would work out, nor wanted a commitment. I believe she would have been onto him for quite some time, and was not happy with the relationship.
She didn't even give the baby his last name. I don't think she expected them to be together, or at least not as husband and wife.
Even after the birth of the baby they didn't live together. If she really was hoping for a future with him, I can't imagine she would be holding out hope for so long.
She purchased a home for herself and the baby. Maybe that was after she realized they would never buy that home together that they had put off buying because of the economy.
I just can't imagine Kelsey wanting to stick it out with a guy who reportedly had such anger issues and was abusive to animals. I don't think she would have tolerated it. He seems very controlling and childish.
I think he resented her for her independence and success and she would have felt that. If anything, she wanted to get away from him. Imo

You’re really getting to something that’s bothering me.

Her home / work / POB / baby care situations are just not efficient, and she strikes me as an efficient person.

And they are not efficient because she is bending over backwards to give PF access to the kid and provide what for her is efficient child care. Because they HAVE NOT parted ways in Jan 2018, as he described. She HAD NOT moved on....

Where is this January 2018 date coming from? Has he claimed they broke up a year ago? I haven’t seen that before this thread today. I must have missed this.

I don't recall seeing anywhere what year she graduated from Flight school only that she completed it while living in Washington. She is 29 years old. What did KB do for a living when she living in Washington State? We have never heard her entire employment history as far as I know. Perhaps I have been mistaken in thinking she had a career. By the age of 27 when she moved to CO I expect she had plenty of experience and plenty of time to save up a decent down payment for her house. Perhaps I am mistaken. MOO.
It was reported here that she was a flight instructor in Washington. I haven't found a direct quote by the uncle, though. BBM

Fiancé of Missing Colorado Mom Kelsey Berreth Arrested on Murder Charge
"Berreth moved to Colorado in 2016 to be close to Frazee, her uncle told KOAA. Before moving, Berreth was a flight instructor in Washington state, where she grew up. It’s unclear how she met Frazee. “She’s a pilot. She knows a lot of people,” the uncle, Ed Stanfill, said. Stanfill added that Berreth didn’t move in with Frazee because he lives with his mother."

If PF starting planning her murder around the time after she bought the condo, he could have felt esmasculated. He realized that he was never going to have the money to buy a place for them to live and people would think he was a loser who couldn't provide for his woman and child.

Snipped by me.

I also think he was telling people that he and Kelsey had broken up but not bothering to tell Kelsey that.

I keep thinking that he simply didn't like Kelsey, wasn't interested in her, didn't want her around....but she had integrity, commitment to stay as a family even in their rather strange way of doing it, and wholesome trust that everything would work out. She wasn't going anywhere, and PF's disinterest in her grew into resentment. He plotted her death for no other reason, imo, than he wanted her gone.

jmo

eta: I also think he had a gf, but that the gf specifically wasn't the motive for murder. It's possible he didn't like the gf all that much more than he liked KB, ykwim?
Yes, I agree.

Do we know what her work hours were?

I’m not at all familar with the job of flight instructor, so I have no idea if it’s a 9-5 thing or if she does it by appointment and has a more flexible schedule.

Would she be expected there each and every workday, weekends off? Would there be cancellations for weather where she knew she didn’t have to be there?
I'm not clear on whether she was a classroom instructor or actually took students up in the planes.

I think what KB told her mom was along the lines of she was excited about decorating for Christmas but would wait because PF and Kaylee might pick out the tree. She asked her mom for a recipe and then KB and Kaylee were spotted on the security camera at Safeway around noon. They left Safeway at 12:27.

We don't know the specifics of her Thanksgiving plans. Her mom might have been told but is not revealing what the plans were.
She said that Kelsey said there was a possibility of going out to dinner, but I don't think she had any plans with PF.
Usually people plan for Thanksgiving in advance. She may have had plans for her and the baby, but I don't believe those plans included PF. Imo

Where is this January 2018 date coming from? Has he claimed they broke up a year ago? I haven’t seen that before this thread today. I must have missed this.

A friend of his told the press that he had told her a few days before his arrest that they broke up in January. She is the grandmother of a little girl who played with baby K.

ETA- most play dates for kids this age are more about the parents getting together in my experience for adult time. Babies don’t really play with the other kids at this age- more play next to each other.

I don’t know about you, but to me, it is a chore to change an address. Too much busy work and hoping all the changes go through correctly.

As a new mother, driving four hours round trip to work daily, juggling daycare for baby K, she or PF passing the post office in the exchange of baby, changing her PO box was probably the least of her worries, IMO.

In Kelsey’s mind there was something still workable in the relationship or she would not have bought the townhouse in May. JMO.

A friend of his told the press that he had told her a few days before his arrest that they broke up in January. She is the grandmother of a little girl who played with baby K.

ETA- most play dates for kids this age are more about the parents getting together in my experience for adult time. Babies don’t really play with the other kids at this age- more play next to each other.

Ahh, okay. Thank you! So right before he was arrested, he was claiming they had broken up in January.

So these are abandoned buildings in Cripple Creek. He seemed to spend some time up there, had a friend from there who spoke out on his behalf to the media so I'm thinking that would be a good starting point. Abandoned buildings in old mining town - Cripple Creek, CO - Picture of Cripple Creek, Colorado - TripAdvisor
and nearby Victor. It seems like these places are just open, no gate to pass through so no one would know if someone had come through.
Victor - Colorado Ghost Town
Nice link. I'm just thinking though if his plan was that she NEVER be found, picking an abandoned home that's advertised on the Trip Advisor would be counter productive since she would likely be found sooner or later. JMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder