CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is IF KK is talking and working out a plea deal- why isn't she already arrested? How long can that take? They served warrants in Twin Falls Dec 15th. Something glitchy here.
My thought is (and I’m no lawyer...)that arresting someone usually triggers an end to their cooperation. So it’s an either/or situation. Hopefully a lawyer can weigh in on this... TIA

Was there or has there been any thought to the fact of crime scene contamination? It has been reported that the LE made an initial entry to confirm a "well being" check. Then I read that family members had then gone to her home to confirm she hadn't packed up and left. THEN LE goes back and finds evidence, twice..

I wonder this, too.
Did family pick “this or that” up? Run water thru the drain, flush the commode, touch numerous objects, etc?

Yeah so this is what I mentioned the other day; for example, aiding and abetting is accomplice liability BUT in addition to knowing about the crime, you have to encourage it and intend for it to happen, knowing that it is illegal.

Mandatory reporting laws for people like teachers/pastors/doctors/social workers, etc. also come into play. But that's a whole different ballpark. It's not the situation where you know Bob is about to kill Cindy and you just don't say anything one way or the other. Without more, Bob would not be responsible.

Between him and God is a different story...but moral obligation and legal obligation definitely don't often cross paths.
Nurses have mandatory reporting laws also.

I think, like most busy women, she rushed to the store before tending to her normal “beauty protocol”. After the store, she MAY have intended to do her hair & makeup.
Perhaps she was out or low of something for the baby & it was a “must go now” moment.
With her mom so far away she prob wasn’t aware of K going out w/o looking absolutely perfect. But, she still looked perfect to me.
I think she was urged somehow by Patrick go to Safeway for some lame reason. So He,and or accompliss could get into her place,and lie in wait. Once she got back from Safeway he blocked her vehicles in so she couldn't escape the onslaught.
MOO

That's definitely a case by case basis. My personal feeling is she knows more than we think, but since we know nothing about her, her level of involvement could be anywhere from "I found the phone in my belongings when I got home, didn't think anything of it, and threw it out when it wouldn't turn on" to full on involved in the planning, execution, and cover up. If it was the latter, I feel she would most certainly have been locked up by now. So it's got to be on that spectrum somewhere, but lesser than completely involved. At least that's my opinion.
KK could have been tricked into thinking she was just helping Patrick
secure custody since we know that Patrick told his 2-Mile High Club buddy (Donkey Derby guy) that KB would disappear for days (or something to that effect).
imo

How would this explain then being 1200 miles away from him three days later and continuing to text on the phone and then dispose of it, rather than going to LE?

Maybe he was threatening her? She has close family relatives in his town. He may have threatened to harm them.

If you went to visit someone for Thanksgiving, and during your visit they killed their ex, you would have a lot of things to fear.

You would know that you were a liability for the murderer, and your life could be next. Also, he could try and implicate you in the killings. Especially if you were seen around town with him during the time of the crime.

I could see her being very frightened and also being afraid of going to LE, because he could get to her family so quickly and easily. She had already seen the violence he was capable of.

I can't imagine whatever her involvement is that she would get off scott free. At least I hope not. A lesser charge, but not immunity if she had knowledge and didn't come forward?- only by a warrant was forced to. Knowledge of makes her an accomplice. Do people actually get complete immunity in 1st degree murder??

This remains to be seen.

I am concerned about protective custody as it costs a lot of money, though. (And then, historically, how many times does a family need to be relocated?)

Well if I had decided to seek DP, I'd announce it right after arraignment. Just depends on if he's going to use it or not.
@riolove77
But, it’s not too late, correct?
So.... the DP threat, IMO, gets a defendant “thinking & talking”, do you agree?
How long would a dynamite prosecutor as I envision you wait before talking a deal? This is if the evidence supports a DP case.

Patrick's farrier forge is a scary and plausible theory. Is it big enough
to fit a body? KB was very petite but wouldn't her body have to be dismembered first then burned? His forge would be full of DNA evidence.

It would look suspicious if PF couldn't produce it for investigators and that he bought a new one after KB's murder. It would be like the missing blow-poke in the Michael Peterson case.

BBM. Don't worry, not true. I could have the strongest case on earth, and I still always love a defendant who talks.
Sure you would, nothing better than having the person responsible admit to it. But that isn't the case here as seemingly nothing is going to motivate PF to say a word. This has been true for nearly a month now.

I think she was urged somehow by Patrick go to Safeway for some lame reason. So He,and or accompliss could get into her place,and lie in wait. Once she got back from Safeway he blocked her vehicles in so she couldn't escape the onslaught.
MOO
I think you're right about this AOA, unfortunately. Maybe it was something PF asked for that Kelsey needed a recipe from CB?

But the most frightening question I have in this scenario is where was the sweet baby K? Gives me nightmares.

Gotcha, it was the 'short, blonde driving Kelsey's car' part that threw me off.
Was thinking along the lines of, I live down a private dirt road. Only so many of us down here. I know all the neighbors, but when we pass on the road, you see the car, you think, there is X, you wave, as long as the person in it looks “right” you can’t 100% say yeah, that was X...you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela