CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because the beautiful, accomplished women think they can recapture the glorious first days of the relationship when the narc was so charming and romantic. MOO
So many young women want a husband and kids. It's normal, but...
<modsnipped>While we don't know if poor Kelsey was just fooled by PF- it could be that she might have been so busy with work, the baby, housework and errands, that she missed signals that family and friends close by would have picked up, had she lived near them instead of near PF and his family and friends. Sadly, she was at a grave disadvantage moving out there by herself to be near him, as family and friends only went by what they were told from Kelsey by phone or text. I do sincerely believe in my heart that she did love him and never in her wildest dreams, did she suspect that he would plot and go through with murdering her. He must have really laid on the charm when he was with her or if they had possibly broken up before then, he must have been very cordial and no red flags went off in her mind about him. So sad.
Yeah, I don't like it when young women leave the family and move FAR away with guys they know little of...
I've also heard it doesn't matter how smart or educated you are, you could still get attached to a Mr. Wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
From article: “
Then, in early January, it emerged that detectives were investigating the role 32-year-old Idaho nurse Krystal Lee played in the Berreth's murder. It was suspected that she had been having an affair with Frazee since early 2016, which would mean the fling started before the birth of his daughter. Furthermore, family members claimed Frazee murdered Berreth on Thanksgiving because she finally broke off their engagement, though that version of events was contested by a friend who said the couple had split on New Year's Day in 2018.

Nonetheless, the news of Frazee's arrest in connection to the case proved to be bittersweet for Cogburn. "I wanted to hold on to hope that wasn't the case, you know. You know, I grasped on to well, maybe somebody took her," she said through tears. "I think deep down I knew."

For timeline references....

I don't think he appears to be the type you can break up with obviously.

I don't think she was painting a rosy picture for her mom, either, but I'm not sure she told mom about all of their problems, either. I think CB knew there were problems besides the price of cattle. KB seems pretty independent, but I don't think she was hiding their problems. I'm willing to bet that when it all comes out, KB knew about KK and CB also had some clue there was another woman. And, yes, I think KB was trying to work things out. PF was too much of a coward to just break it off and work out child support/custody. MOO.

I personally hope KB was having a dreamy affair with the most handsome military pilot on the planet and had plane tickets to elope with him and the baby planned.

I respectfully disagree with you, Gitana. Yes, all this went on in the 50s and 60s too...that I agree with. However, IMHO, due to the ways we meet now, we've taken one of our radar abilities away in losing that in-person, personal contact with others.
When you meet someone, even a client how many times does your intuition kick with first impressions causing you to say, "Oh, NO!". I'm just saying our victim was a smart, intuitive person who's intuition could have very much been delayed by technology and by the time she said "Oh, NO!" about PF, it was too late.
I am a firm believer in using tools, new and old. But even those can be dangerous if you don't know how to use them but I do respect your opinion.
IMHO, IMHO, IMHO
i think some of the puzzlement of the KB/PF relationship as far as why KB remained might be explained by the possibility of relational advice from KB's mom. i remember mom saying things to the effect that there were challenges in the relationship but the two were working them out. this leads me to think KB might have shared some stuff with CB. that leads me to think CB might have offered some motherly advice on relationships which might have given KB incentive on working hard to get the relationship right rather than calling it quits. i'd guess KB's religious background/training was a strong factor in remaining in the relationship. so i'm not too critical of KB when looking at her willingness to remain. just some of my opinions based on my knowledge of mothers and religion and relationships.

What this sad story also confirms is that someone like PF who has a "personality disorder" (read narc IMHO) has the ability to attract both a beautiful, accomplished woman as well as a demon that was only too willing to become a part of this nightmare, actually thinking PF preferred HER to KB. Entertain for one moment that PF and KL pulled this off, actually got away with it. PF would no more have stayed with KL than any other woman he's been with. But for him, it didn't matter, he would just move on to the next victim while he throws KL away like another piece of trash, all the while KL not being able to rat him out without implicating herself. Dumb and Dumber. He will get what's coming to him and I can only hope she does too.
ed:sp

Last edited:
I imagine if someone crossed state lines in furtherance of a murder plot the FBI would be able to bring federal charges. Yes or no? Anyone?

The homicide will remain a state case because the evidence and filing is supported in Colorado. The CBI and FBI appear to be using their expertise to help on the solicitation which would be against PF. This involves probably use of the phone and maybe computer communications. The phone transport against KL is CBI and FBI; however, the charges so far are state charges focused on PF. Charges may be filed against KL but what we know so far is she appears to be a witness and not a POI or suspect.

Catching up, so this may have already been answered.

So KB lived with her friend when she was pregnant? That seems weird. I thought KB’s family said PF moved her to Colorado, but he moved her to Grand Junction and not anywhere near himself?

And so PF was traveling 5 hours each way to visit KB, even after she was pregnant?

Why did KB have a PO Box in Florissant then? It seems that when she moved (to be closer to PF I assume) she moved into the townhouse in Woodland Park; the first one that she only rented. So, she’d have an address to receive mail.

Also, I’d take this to mean they never were engaged, or maybe broke up/weren’t together, maybe even as far back as PF said.

But KB told her parents they were engaged. CB said they were engaged and a loving couple.

Did KB really not tell her mom that PF was abusive? I could see keeping up a facade about an engagement, but that would mean KB would’ve had to have lied to her parents for a long time, and about serious things.

I can see letting her parents believe she was engaged, but would she cover up him being abusive?

So KB lived with her friend when she was pregnant? That seems weird. I thought KB’s family said PF moved her to Colorado, but he moved her to Grand Junction and not anywhere near himself?

And so PF was traveling 5 hours each way to visit KB, even after she was pregnant?

Why did KB have a PO Box in Florissant then? It seems that when she moved (to be closer to PF I assume) she moved into the townhouse in Woodland Park; the first one that she only rented. So, she’d have an address to receive mail.

Also, I’d take this to mean they never were engaged, or maybe broke up/weren’t together, maybe even as far back as PF said.

But KB told her parents they were engaged. CB said they were engaged and a loving couple.

Did KB really not tell her mom that PF was abusive? I could see keeping up a facade about an engagement, but that would mean KB would’ve had to have lied to her parents for a long time, and about serious things.

I can see letting her parents believe she was engaged, but would she cover up him being abusive?

I'll only speak to "covering up" the abuse. What happens in this type of situation is the victim is reluctant to "let the cat out of the bag." Once you reveal to your family what's going on, they are going to do everything in their power to protect you. THEY begin to see what you don't want them to see, because you're still trying to "fix" the relationship. You don't want your family to have a bad opinion of him, because YOU still love him and think you can make it work, no matter how bad that is for you. In KB's instance, perhaps she didn't want to admit she'd rushed into something without really knowing him well. NOT her fault. Types like PF are very good at concealing their true selves until they have you invested. I really don't believe KB lied to anyone, she merely didn't reveal all that she was struggling with. JMO

Re KB friend, yes, per news report. I think that must have been near Colorado Springs, as we have record that KB worked at Springs aviation (NE of Co Springs) and Doss (Street address in Co Springs, seems to do actual flight training in Pueblo)
Florissant is close to KB's condo in Woodland Park (not far from Co Sprs)
I don't think we have any reason to think KB was in Grand Junction long (if at all-per a poster -sorry forget which one-KB's uncle mentioned Grand Junction in a tv report). We have linked media reports of her condo and rental in WP, mailbox in Florissant, and employment at Springs Aviation & Doss-all in SE colorado not far apart (by CO standards ;) I don't think we have any reason to think PF drove 275 miles + regularly to visit Grand Junction.

Deleted by me

Last edited:
KB's aunt said she broke up with him the night before Thanksgiving. So why did she tell her mother, he was coming over for Thankgiving dinner and they were going to be picking out a Christmas tree together.
I think PF told CB on the 25th or there about that "they" broke up on Thanksgiving. We must remember, that is PF's story and we have no way of knowing if he was telling the truth or setting up his alibi. It appears that KB did not say this to her mother. JMO

Probably the majority of women cover up (literally, as in bruises), or by not telling anyone.

I'll only speak to "covering up" the abuse. What happens in this type of situation is the victim is reluctant to "let the cat out of the bag." Once you reveal to your family what's going on, they are going to do everything in their power to protect you. THEY begin to see what you don't want them to see, because you're still trying to "fix" the relationship. You don't want your family to have a bad opinion of him, because YOU still love him and think you can make it work, no matter how bad that is for you. In KB's instance, perhaps she didn't want to admit she'd rushed into something without really knowing him well. NOT her fault. Types like PF are very good at concealing their true selves until they have you invested. I really don't believe KB lied to anyone, she merely didn't reveal all that she was struggling with. JMO
Also, the amount of shame the abused person feels is typically quite substantial. Shame due to the abuser’s constant criticism, and because you begin to believe the labels the abuser gives you (“you’re stupid/selfish/bad mother/not worthy” etc).

I can imagine PF used future faking and bait and switch strategies with KB. Told her he wanted to marry her and she said yes. Told her she’d get the ring after he made some more $. Then told her she didn’t deserve a ring. Then told her he would marry her but only if she’d be more compliant.

KB probably told her parents they were engaged but didn’t necessarily share that PF withdrew the offer. Too shameful to feel you’re not worthy and difficult to share this with your parents.

MOO and only a speculation.

KB's aunt said she broke up with him the night before Thanksgiving. So why did she tell her mother, he was coming over for Thankgiving dinner and they were going to be picking out a Christmas tree together.
Also, CB said that she talked to KB twice on Thanksgiving day and she sounded normal and was asking about a recipe. You'd think if they had just broken up, that KB would not have sounded normal. None of us know for sure what happened. Maybe CB knows more than she was willing to say - PF had her granddaughter at the time she gave her interviews.

Last edited:

Hmmm. This is going way back, but did we ever know how the aunt knew they'd broken up the night before Thanksgiving? I'm inferring that the aunt would have had it from KB herself, but I wonder why she would tell her aunt but not her mom? Maybe she wanted to wait until she could have a good sitdown with her mom or some uninterrupted phone chat time?

Trying to catch up and finding that there’s mostly just some rehashing going on. Someone did ask a question that I was going to. What’s happening at the landfill? We’ve had Nada news since before last weekend. Don’t any of you locals Own a drone? Send that bad boy up over the landfill so we can find out what’s up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe