CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. This is going way back, but did we ever know how the aunt knew they'd broken up the night before Thanksgiving? I'm inferring that the aunt would have had it from KB herself, but I wonder why she would tell her aunt but not her mom? Maybe she wanted to wait until she could have a good sitdown with her mom or some uninterrupted phone chat time?
I don't think her aunt lied. Why would she? I'm beginning to think KB did not want her mother to know about the breakup, maybe because her mother would worry about the baby?

On another topic, is there any news regarding the landfill search? I just googled the weather in Colorado Springs and I see that they are expecting a warming trend late next week. Maybe they are waiting for better conditions. MOO

No new news at all today about the landfill search! It is warming up but the ground is still frozen.

Also, CB said that she talked to KB twice on Thanksgiving day and she sounded normal and was asking about a recipe. You'd think if they had just broken up, that KB would not have sounded normal. None of us know for sure what happened. Maybe CB knows more than she was willing to say - PF had her granddaughter at the time she gave her interviews.
Yes, like I just posted, why would the aunt lie about this. It's so important. KB didn't want her mother to know about this.

I don't think her aunt lied. Why would she? I'm beginning to think KB did not want her mother to know about the breakup, maybe because her mother would worry about the baby?

Oh, I don't think the aunt lied either. I'm just a little confused about where the aunt got it from, and why mom had different intel. That's why I'm wondering if KB wanted "time" to tell mom. I think my confusion is probably just my head spinning on this merry-go-round o_O

ETA a sentence

Hmmm. This is going way back, but did we ever know how the aunt knew they'd broken up the night before Thanksgiving? I'm inferring that the aunt would have had it from KB herself, but I wonder why she would tell her aunt but not her mom? Maybe she wanted to wait until she could have a good sitdown with her mom or some uninterrupted phone chat time?
Many assume Kelseys Aunt got the information from Kelseys mother, who was told by PF. He may have told her mom that she broke up with him in order to justify his lack of concern for her being missing. Imo

I find it strange that PF would move KB out to Colorado if he was also seeing KKL at the time, but it's certainly possible. Juggling two women is easier if they live 700 miles apart, I guess. I wonder when KKL found out about KB.

And I'm of the opinion that PF and KB hadn't broken up and that KB was still hoping to work things out. As you say, the only information that they'd "broken up" at all, regardless of timing, came from PF. I don't believe him. Remember that her mother seemed to believe they were still planning to get married - someday, and when KB first went missing, the media called PF her "fiancé". Her mother had visited in October. Some of you think she was painting a rosy picture for her mom, but I think she was also painting it for herself. MOO

Several people have described Kelsey the same way - shy, reserved, slow to warm up to new people. Another impression I get from that is a very private person. I'm very private, too, and that included with my family. If my relationship was failing and I was hanging on, I did not tell my family that but tried to keep it to myself, hoping I'd resolve my own problems. I wouldn't want to worry my mom, admit I screwed up in my choice or, maybe, have my mom turn against the guy I was trying to still work stuff out with. I suspect Kelsey may have presented a more positive picture than was actually the case.

Many assume Kelseys Aunt got the information from Kelseys mother, who was told by PF. He may have told her mom that she broke up with him in order to justify his lack of concern for her being missing. Imo

Which, IMO, is another one of his miscalculations. He never even attempted to play the grieving fiance or even ex-fiance, father to her baby. MOO

I think the aunt mentioned it, but never said who she heard it from, makes sense that KB was close to some of her cousins it was one of them. imo
Or PF told Kelsey's mother, since it was reported around the time she was reported missing. He may have told her that when he told her about the text messages she sent about going away to visit family, in order to justify his not reporting her missing. Imo

She was pregnant and living with a friend she had known since childbood!
PF wasn't much more than a sperm donor, who watched the child at the farm and took with him to jobs.
It really doesn't sound like there was much of a romance or any input from him from a relationship standpoint. The child was
(A pawn) to control KB IMO
He never cared about KB, he pretended to and may have convinced her. Until baby K came. I imagine after 2-3 months she had PF pegged, but baby K was in the mix now.
While KB worked quite a distance away with a ridiculous commute for a new mom. IMO
Poor KB was really only home to feed, bathe and sleep with the child at night during the week and see her on the weekends.
It doesn't matter when they "broke up" or if they were ever really even "together".
He was plotting her murder 3 months before she went missing!!!
Also, IMO while the verbal, mental, possibly physical abuse, may have been escalating- the MURDER WAS PLANNED for Thanksgiving Day.
Period.
So I can't believe the donestic violence very much, since it had already been planned.
If you want to be technical, she didn't break up with him Thanksgiving day, she died at his hands and he was now free from her.
I would also imagine, that there wasn't anyone she could go to about the abuse.
It's her word against his.
He surely had threatened her about what would happen if she did report him. I wouldn't doubt the threats were concerning baby K.
Getting a restraining order only pushes an abuser further. We've all seen the shows how men stalk women to threaten them mentally and there is nothing LE can do until he does something physical to the woman.
I imagine there were NEVER and physical bruises on KB. I also imagine she was black and blue on the inside.
Regarding the PO box.
I'm wondering if that was one that PF also had access to. Men like him are always snooping around for ANY reason to question a woman. Especially when it isn't even his $!!!
I would not be surprised to learn a good bit of KB's salary went to PF.
With his sob stories about how the market wasn't good and he needed money for this or that...
They ALL do it!
*A friend of mine, a Doctor found out she paid for the mistresses boob job unbeknownst to her, until well after the fact.*
I would also imagine this may be why the place KB bought was made into an LLC, to keep PF's sticky fingers off of it!!
All moo

Last edited:
This is my assumption; you are all certainly free to form other opinions.

IF KB and her fiancé had broken up that morning, it doesn't make sense to me that she's making cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and having TWO conversations with her mother chit-chatting about a recipe and sounding like it was an ordinary day. Private person or not, I would expect her to be upset and I would expect her mother to pick up on that energy. IMHO.

This is my assumption; you are all certainly free to form other opinions.

IF KB and her fiancé had broken up that morning, it doesn't make sense to me that she's making cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and having TWO conversations with her mother chit-chatting about a recipe and sounding like it was an ordinary day. Private person or not, I would expect her to be upset and I would expect her mother to pick up on that energy. IMHO.
Also, her mother had been out for a visit in October, when the pictures were taken, no PF in any of them, and I would think KB would have confided, or her mother may have picked up that things were not as they seemed. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe