CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could certainly call these people to rebut the testimony of any character witnesses.

If mommy takes the stand, an ex girlfriend could refute her characterization of him.
I'm pretty sure character witnesses would be called in the sentencing phase, which is like a separate trial after the conviction. IMO

My opinion is that the prosecution is going to have to call pretty much everyone who ever knew KB to establish that she is dead because she is no longer where she should be. Each one of them may have the opportunity to say "Yes, the last time I saw her she was crying because........." If what they say is innappropriate, the judge will order it stricken. As for calling PF's old girlfriends just to hear how much they don't like him now, it can't be done. I believe the proper term is "irrelevant".
IMO
I doubt it.

I think they have irrefutable physical evidence that indicates that she is dead, and that she was murdered in her house.

They don’t charge people for murder, without a body, as fast as they did here.

This ain’t a guess.

My opinion is that the prosecution is going to have to call pretty much everyone who ever knew KB to establish that she is dead because she is no longer where she should be. Each one of them may have the opportunity to say "Yes, the last time I saw her she was cryoing because........." If what they say is innappropriate, the judge will order it stricken. As for calling PF's old girlfriends just to hear how much they don't like him now, it can't be done. I believe the proper term is "irrelevant".
IMO

BBM: Dave, I'm not trying to say that how much old gfs like or dislike PF now is relevant....I definitely wouldn't expect their feelings about PF to come into court.

Feelings aren't facts.

Feelings and actions are 2 separate animals, IMO. I'm just speculating aloud, wondering if a history of bad acts toward gfs might be admissible, if it goes to a pattern of behavior on PF's part? JMO.

BBM: Dave, I'm not trying to say that how much old gfs like or dislike PF now is relevant....I definitely wouldn't expect their feelings about PF to come into court.

Feelings aren't facts.

Feelings and actions are 2 separate animals, IMO. I'm just speculating aloud, wondering if a history of bad acts toward gfs might be admissible, if it goes to a pattern of behavior on PF's part? JMO.

I agree, especially if they can establish KB had confided in a friend or family member of the same type of behavior. MOO

I doubt it.

I think they have irrefutable physical evidence that indicates that she is dead, and that she was murdered in her house.

They don’t charge people for murder, without a body, as fast as they did here.

This ain’t a guess.
I really have to wonder at how some people feel that he somehow is in jail because he just isn’t well liked. Or he was looking a little shifty. I would imagine it’s pretty hard to arrest somebody for something like this, and charge them with murder And solicitation of murder,when there’s no body , unless you have a hell of a lot of evidence . Yes? Disclaimer: I do apologize for the run-on sentence stream of consciousness posting. It’s been a long day

I really have to wonder at how some people feel that he somehow is in jail because he just isn’t well liked. Or he was looking a little shifty. I would imagine it’s pretty hard to arrest somebody for something like this, and charge them with murder And solicitation of murder,when there’s no body , unless you have a hell of a lot of evidence . Yes? Disclaimer: I do apologize for the run-on sentence stream of consciousness posting. It’s been a long day
Yeah. The idea that he is behind bars because he merely behaved suspiciously, is absurd. That’s just not how it works.

You don’t get charged with murder, just because people dislike you.

I’ve followed quite a few cases like this, and many of them take years until there is an arrest, and that’s if they ever occur.

There are murderers walking around, and everyone knows it. But knowing someone committed a crime, and proving it, are two completely different things.

Two weeks is astounding speed at which to charge someone with a crime like this, and there is certainly a solid basis for it.

Evidence. Strong evidence.

PF must have really screwed up.

… And another thing. At risk of sounding like I work for the Woodland Park bureau of tourism, I’ve got to give kudos again to everyone involved there. LE, DA, they are getting this so ,so right. If the proceedings so far to be believed, they just don’t seem to be messing this up in the way that so many other cases in the past, that we’ve all read about on this very website, have been messed up. Methodical, thoughtful , well managed... Even well spoken. Having just read a book about everything that can go wrong in investigations, I’m impressed to hell.

Yeah. The idea that he is behind bars because he merely behaved suspiciously, is absurd. That’s just not how it works.

You don’t get charged with murder, just because people dislike you.

I’ve followed quite a few cases like this, and many of them take years until there is an arrest, and that’s if they ever occur.

There are murderers walking around, and everyone knows it. But knowing someone committed a crime, and proving it, are two completely different things.

Two weeks is astounding speed at which to charge someone with a crime like this, and there is certainly a solid basis for it.

Evidence. Strong evidence.

PF must have really screwed up.
Agreed. He screwed it up, AND… These guys did it right. No Keystone cops happening here

BBM:
Well, let's be honest here, that dreadful Herman-Munster-meets-Pee-Wee-Herman haircut PF sports really should be an offense punishable by death. JMO.

Last edited:
Now while I was off doing other things, has anything come of the searches of the landfills that we know of? Now I realize this question is futile because if it had there would be 15 more pages of these posts. And there is not... but I’m still going to ask

Now while I was off doing other things, has anything come of the searches of the landfills that we know of? Now I realize this question is futile because if it had there would be 15 more pages of these posts. And there is not... but I’m still going to ask

jewels, I've been off thread for the past couple of days, too, but from looking online, IMO, search of landfill has not even commenced. Anyone know?

jewels, I've been off thread for the past couple of days, too, but from looking online, IMO, search of landfill has not even commenced. Anyone know?
No news on the landfill search(es).
MOO

Question for the legal eagles...since from what I have read on these posts prior to now, Colorado does not enforce its DP. Why would you even ask for it? As the prosecutor. Just wondering

I would imagine that kind of search takes a tremendous amount of time right?
The search for the body of Jennifer Blagg, who was murdered by her husband Michael, took two weeks. This also occurred in Colorado.

JEFFERSON COUNTY - The search area ultimately represented three-tenths of one percent of the Mesa County landfill, in a desolate stretch of desert south of Grand Junction.

For more than two weeks, investigators dealt with temperatures that soared above 100 degrees as they combed through human excrement, medical waste, animal carcasses, thousands of bright orange Home Depot flyers and green punchouts from Ametek Dixson for any evidence related to the disappearance of 34-year-old Jennifer Blagg or her 6-year-old daughter Abby.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9news.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=local&topic=michael-blagg-trial&headline=how-searchers-found-jennifer-blaggs-body-in-the-mesa-county-landfill&contentId=73-527957265

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth