CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the original charge is Accessory to Murder than I would think that would be a pretty good deal. For her anyway.
Maybe a lawyer could tell us if there is another accessory charge that would be less time, like accessory to a felony or something, just not murder.
If it's just tampering with evidence it would seem that they are letting her off too easily. Imo

Yes but if it helps them get PF it might be well worth it.

Here's the weird thing.

I was thinking about this late last night and I almost convinced myself that KK might be completely innocent. I thought that perhaps after PF talked to her about killing KB, he gave up and found someone else. I thought that perhaps the third person had taken the phone north, partly to support PF's story about KB heading to her grandmother's and partly to encourage KK to keep her mouth shut (not realizing she had already spoken to someone).

So I went to be thinking it was a long shot, but perhaps KK hadn't participated at all.

What a morning surprise!

That would have evidence that that person's phone followed behind and tracked KL movement, and that that person's phone would ping in the same place as the discarded phone?

Here is the Inside Edition for 2/4/2019 Video. Appears KL may plea for the destruction of the cell phone according to Inside Edition, FYI. I posted prior that this would strongly indicate that she did not participate in the homicide based on what has been released so far. Looks like she is witness material which is actually good for the case against PF as much as it stinks morally.
Nurse Reportedly Investigated in Kelsey Berreth Case May Have Struck Plea Deal

Accessory? Burglary? Conspiracy? Whatever she is charged with, she claims to have been afraid for her life but didn’t give a hoot for Kelsey’s life. I hope she gets maximum time. I am just sorry she has a plea deal. In my way of thinking, if they have definitive evidence she helped in ANY fashion, she should be charged along with her boyfriend.

I do not feel sorry for her.

There are 207 people or government entities scheduled to appear in The 5th District Court for Teller County between today and February 11th, and none of them are KK. No one is ascheduled to appear on Friday, February 8th There is no one with KK's name listed on the Teller County Jail roster.
But........if GMA is running with it, it must be true!
IMO
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller County - Homepage
Archonix XJail Public
I actually hope that you are correct, that here is no plea deal of any sort.

Then I hope that she is actually charged with NO deal. Any date will work for me.

Here is the Inside Edition for 2/4/2019 Video. Appears KL may plea for the destruction of the cell phone according to Inside Edition, FYI. I posted prior that this would strongly indicate that she did not participate in the homicide based on what has been released so far. Looks like she is witness material which is actually good for the case against PF as much as it stinks morally.
Nurse Reportedly Investigated in Kelsey Berreth Case May Have Struck Plea Deal

Another mainstream media, CBS, quoting NBC and ABC in the video and in their print. All I see in the video that says anything about the phone is "did she help" re phone.

The three networks are quoting each other at this time. But it appears the only original information TODAY that I have gleaned is from ABC and Good Morning America. The others are speculating the same things that we are here. Moo

Not if she didn't agree to any of the solicitation attempts. Hypothetically, she could have declined all of those requests, and then thought nothing of it until he told her it was done. Then out of fear (her words, not mine), she agreed to transport the phone. In such a case, she would not be a co-conspirator to any murder.

This.

If I were going to play devil's advocate, I would say that she never reported it when he asked her to help him get rid of KB because she didn't think he was serious. That said, just him asking her would have made her uneasy, and she talked about it to her BFF about it. He may very well have asked her to come to Colorado at Thanksgiving without telling her what he planned. If he asked her to deal with the phone then, she may very well have been afraid. He's not tethered to a 9-5 job, he knows where she lives, they probably have common rodeo acquaintances. He could threaten to do something to one of her kids - who have probably met him. She'd never have a moment's peace, worrying that he was coming for her or her kids.

Tell LE that he asked her to kill KB? Well, sadly, that might or might not have worked. He's got family in LE in Colorado. He's never been in trouble with the law, he's got a fiancee and a new baby. Now a divorced woman he's been having an affair with calls the cops and claims he asked her to help him kill his fiancee? I don't think he would have had much trouble convincing local LE that KK was crazy jealous of KB. He would have had to reconsider his plan of killing KB, but then his anger likely would have also been directed at KK.

That would have evidence that that person's phone followed behind and tracked KL movement, and that that person's phone would ping in the same place as the discarded phone?

No, I was speculating that a third person drove KB's phone north, sent the texts so they pinged from Idaho, and then destroyed the phone. PF could have set KK up that way - she'd have a hard time convincing LE that she went to Colorado and back over Thanksgiving weekenend, saw PF, but didn't bring the phone back. Perfect set-up - no one would believe her.

Moot point now, because it appears that KK was involved with disposing of KB's phone.

We know she lacks ethics and basic human decency.

If she tells police where the body is it only increments her more, she is probably pretty sure PF won't tell.

So does she keep it to herself to lessen potential legal consequences??

Or maybe she has spilled everything, we know she can't keep a secret (thank god) , and there is no body to be found and she has told them that..

I guess we will see.

bbm This is what I have thought all along. Which is why imho no one (not even family) is searching for a body, sadly. moo

So it looks like a charge of accessory to murder would be a class four felony (if she knew he had committed murder at the time she helped), subject to a sentence of two to six years, and a class five felony subject to 1-3 years if she knew he was suspected of a or wanted for a class one or two felony, at the time the person assists them.

So I think class four would apply here.

Tampering with evidence, which means to alter or destroy, is a class six felony - up to 18 months.

It seems it would be more than tampering here.

But who knows what the plea deal would be.
https://www.hmichaelsteinberg.com/c...ssory-to-a-crime-in-colorado-crs-18-8-105.htm

https://sca.district70.org/ourpages/auto/2016/1/11/54933902/Colorado Felony and Misdemeanor Crimes by Class and Sentences.pdf

Tampering with Physical Evidence - Colorado Law CRS 18-8-610

Last edited:
I'm wondering if disposing of the phone when she had been solicited to help in some way with the murder, wouldn't that be considered participating in response to the solicitation, in other words, conspiracy?
I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't accessory after the fact indicate that she knew nothing beforehand. It's clear to me, at least, that if she was solicited, then anything she did, whether before, during or after the murder, makes her a part of the conspiracy.

I'm probably not being clear, but I don't see how she could get the lesser "accessory after the fact" when she had been solicited beforehand.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member