CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all, if in fact she is in custody and if in fact she is afraid for her life and LE believes this....then would LE jail her in Teller County?
That is where PF is jailed. };o

There are 207 people or government entities scheduled to appear in The 5th District Court for Teller County between today and February 11th, and none of them are KK. No one is ascheduled to appear on Friday, February 8th There is no one with KK's name listed on the Teller County Jail roster.
But........if GMA is running with it, it must be true!
IMO
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller County - Homepage
Archonix XJail Public

According to a DA spokesperson there is a court date set in Teller county for Feb 8th.

I think we are forgetting that Colorado can obviously suppress certain things and can keep secrets from the public which is really unfortunate.

"A spokeswoman for District Attorney Dan May would not confirm or comment on any potential plea, but she did confirm that Lee has a court date set for Friday, Feb. 8, in Teller County."

Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

According to a DA spokesperson there is a court date set in Teller county for Feb 8th.

I think we are forgetting that Colorado can obviously suppress certain things and can keep secrets from the public which is really unfortunate.

"A spokeswoman for District Attorney Dan May would not confirm or comment on any potential plea, but she did confirm that Lee has a court date set for Friday, Feb. 8, in Teller County."

Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty
Yes, the case is sealed.

Wow. I did not see this coming!

I think (hope) this will help the jury if KB's body isn't found. In other cases (Chris Watts, Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson) there was only one person who was directly involved in the murder plot - the murderer.

As long as only PF and KB were involved, he could pretend that she was doing a 'Gone Girl' or that she was just the kind of woman who would walk on her boyfriend and baby. Unfortunately, now there's a very credible person who was involved in at least part of the plot. This really undermines PF's defense, IMHO. He could argue that a lot of it is 'he said, she said' between himself and the 'other woman' in a love triangle. It's harder to argue with the evidence of a phone pinging.

Long shot, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if PF's lawyer tries to turn it around and claim that KK was the murderer and that PF helped clean up out of a mistaken sense of loyalty to her.

I wonder if PF and KK have had any communication, directly or indirectly (through SF?), since KB's disappearance.
Other than your use of the word 'credible' to describe KK/KL, I agree with everything you said! They with both say the other is the guilty party, IMO. I wish trials could run consecutively, though if she's making a plea deal, then I don't guess there would be a trial. MOO

Yes, the case is sealed.

It will be interesting, if nothing other than a learning experience, as to when and or if it ever shows up on the court records. It appears that folks here are checking on it regularly to see if it is on there.

ETA, what do others think is the reasoning that her family leaked this information?

Could more charges be brought against her ? Say if PF decides to talk details of her involvement, and it is more than she has confessed to ? Or is one charge all she can get period? @riolove77

A plea deal is always based on the information being valid and accurate. It is null and void if they find she was lying, i.e. if her involvement is proven to be greater than she said it was.

Wow. I did not see this coming!

I think (hope) this will help the jury if KB's body isn't found. In other cases (Chris Watts, Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson) there was only one person who was directly involved in the murder plot - the murderer.

Long shot, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if PF's lawyer tries to turn it around and claim that KK was the murderer and that PF helped clean up out of a mistaken sense of loyalty to her.

I wonder if PF and KK have had any communication, directly or indirectly (through SF?), since KB's disappearance.

That's literally the only defense he has as this point.

The 5th District DA's office looks really busy today..................maybe they're holding off making an announcement until a less hectic time slot.............
Going To Court

I don't think they'll announce anything at all. It appears the case is under seal, so it will really only be confirmed once she shows up to court and enters her plea.

A plea deal is always based on the information being valid and accurate. It is null and void if they find she was lying, i.e. if her involvement is proven to be greater than she said it was.

Thank you for this because I am wondering how much coming out of her mouth will be the actual truth.
For KK to throw out the I am afraid for my life card tells me she might not be or not telling all that she knows.

Don't be surprised if it's just accessory after the fact.
That's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine it being any less. I think I just read that the sentence could be as little as 2 years? Someone posted the details and I read it ten minutes ago but I may have it mixed up with accessory to crime. Or was it up to 15 years?

JMO, but I don't think she's in custody.

Idaho woman to appear in Teller County court as part of Kelsey Berreth investigation
An Idaho woman is traveling to Teller County later this week for a court appearance as part of the investigation into Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance.

Well there you go. All the more reason I don't think she's pleading to anything like accessory to murder 1 or conspiracy. No way she wouldn't be locked up if her involvement was that great. But hey, I've been wrong before.

JMO, but I don't think she's in custody.

Idaho woman to appear in Teller County court as part of Kelsey Berreth investigation
An Idaho woman is traveling to Teller County later this week for a court appearance as part of the investigation into Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance.
Maybe 'she' is the valuable evidence that LE previously mentioned
they didn't know how they could get 'it' to Co. ??
Maybe Co. LE found a trailer big enough to carry her and all her
too.
ETA- BullManure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads