CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping for accessory to murder or more. Just wishful thinking I'm sure, but one can wish ;) Can't wait til Friday!!!
I think Accessory to Murder could be up to life in prison. Could they still charge her with that but give her less time? Does anyone know what the minimum sentence could be? I guess I can look it up, but maybe someone knows offhand.

Well, if the original charge is Accessory to Murder than I would think that would be a pretty good deal. For her anyway.
Maybe a lawyer could tell us if there is another accessory charge that would be less time, like accessory to a felony or something, just not murder.
If it's just tampering with evidence it would seem that they are letting her off too easily. Imo

Accessory after would be less than the others.

It's on GMA as well this morning. They said her family broke the news that she was pleading guilty and that she was only helping because she was scared for her life. She is suspected of driving the cellphone to Idaho so far.

I think Accessory to Murder could be up to life in prison. Could they still charge her with that but give her less time? Does anyone know what the minimum sentence could be? I guess I can look it up, but maybe someone knows offhand.
If you are talking about being involved in the murder in some way or assisting prior to the murder then the charge would be Conspiracy which a penalty range one class below the crime conspired to. So for murder, which is a Class 1 felony, Conspiracy to murder would be a Class 2 felony. The penalty for a Class 2 felony is 8 to 24 years.

If you are talking about Accessory then in Colorado that means "after the fact". An accessory after the fact to a Class 1 felony (murder) is charged as a class 4 felony which is punishable by 2 to 6 years.

Colorado law on "accessory to crime "| 18-8-105 C.R.S.

Colorado’s Accessory to Crime Law
(18-8-105 C.R.S.)

Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or​

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.​

It's on GMA as well this morning. They said her family broke the news that she was pleading guilty and that she was only helping because she was scared for her life. She is suspected of driving the cellphone to Idaho so far.
Her family said she was only helping because she was scared for her life? That doesn't make her reasoning sound too good.

I am already anticipating the trial of PF and the battle between lawyers when/if she gets on the stand.

animated-hand-image-0075.gif

animated-hand-image-0084.gif

The rodeo Community must be reeling!

If you are talking about being involved in the murder in some way or assisting prior to the murder then the charge would be Conspiracy which a penalty range one class below the crime conspired to. So for murder, which is a Class 1 felony, Conspiracy to murder would be a Class 2 felony. The penalty for a Class 2 felony is 8 to 24 years.

If you are talking about Accessory then in Colorado that means "after the fact". An accessory after the fact to a Class 1 felony (murder) is charged as a class 4 felony which is punishable by 2 to 6 years.

Colorado law on "accessory to crime "| 18-8-105 C.R.S.

Colorado’s Accessory to Crime Law
(18-8-105 C.R.S.)

Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or​

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.​
Oh, wow, thanks.
I wonder what it will be. I can't imagine it being any less than "accessory to crime." Jmo

Why didn’t she come forward Before Kelsey had to die is my question? Of course she’s going to plea a deal to save her own skin now after the fact. She deserves time in jail imo. I hope she gets some time to think about what she could have prevented in the first place. Moo
JMO She was too busy making plans with PF.

Nurse Reportedly Investigated in Kelsey Berreth Case May Have Struck Plea Deal

'The nurse being investigated in connection to missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's disappearance will reportedly plead guilty to at least one count this week.

It's not clear what Krystal Lee, 32, will possibly plead guilty to, according to ABC News, but the plea reportedly comes as part of a deal with prosecutors in the case. Lee is set to appear in court on Friday.

It's been rumored that Lee reportedly helped dispose of a cellphone belonging to Berreth, who was last seen arriving at a Colorado Safeway supermarket with her 1-year-old daughter, Kaylee, about 12:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Though authorities strongly believe she is dead, her body has not yet been found.

Berreth's fiance, Patrick Frazee, is charged in her murder.

Lee lives about 30 minutes from where the mother's cellphone last pinged in Idaho, three days after and hundreds of miles way from she was last seen.

A 32-year-old divorced mother of two, Lee's relationship to Frazee is unclear, but they reportedly became romantically involved after meeting at a rodeo. Police have not confirmed that they are investigating Lee and the district attorney's office would not comment on a potential plea deal, according to ABC News.'

I think her Tiara just fell off and broke.
Didn't we hear earlier they were talking about 3-5 years?
The fact that it took this long to come to an agreement tells me
she will serve time. They got the goods on her, for sure.

KL better not get off with a simple slap on the wrist. Imo she’s just as guilty as PF. All of this could have been prevented and she held the key to stop it. She didn’t!! Now she’s saying she felt threatened? Really?! Good one! Lol. I hope le can find a way to punish and lock her up for a long time. I bet PF is losing his mind right about now scared what she’ll say next. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV