CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this because I am wondering how much coming out of her mouth will be the actual truth.
For KK to throw out the I am afraid for my life card tells me she might not be or not telling all that she knows.

I don't know. For her own good, she better be telling the truth. I can see how, if her involvement really only was limited to transporting and disposing of the phone (and sending the texts by extension), that she fully admitted to that and they were able to confirm it, BUT she still is saying she only did it because she was afraid for her life.

Sort of a "I saw what he did to the mother of his child, and if he can do that to her, what could he do to me?" type thing. Not saying I buy it, just saying I can see why she's saying that, to try to minimize her culpability in agreeing to it in the first place.

That's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine it being any less. I think I just read that the sentence could be as little as 2 years? Someone posted the details and I read it ten minutes ago but I may have it mixed up with accessory to crime. Or was it up to 15 years?

I think someone posted 2-6 in CO, which sounds right. I wouldn't be surprised if they let her plea to accessory after the fact in exchange for her testimony, but they gave her the higher end of that sentence range. So basically, she will only plea to one charge of that and get six years, in exchange for testifying against him. As opposed to, potentially, a second, third, fourth, whatever else charge they could have given her.

I don't have any inside information obviously, just speaking in theoretic form.

Other than your use of the word 'credible' to describe KK/KL, I agree with everything you said! They with both say the other is the guilty party, IMO. I wish trials could run consecutively, though if she's making a plea deal, then I don't guess there would be a trial. MOO
Or he may just continue to not say anything at all.
Why wouldn't there be a trial? Isn't she their most important witness? I thought that was why she was pleading to a lesser charge? In exchange for her testimony?

JMO, but I don't think she's in custody.

Idaho woman to appear in Teller County court as part of Kelsey Berreth investigation
An Idaho woman is traveling to Teller County later this week for a court appearance as part of the investigation into Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance.

I think it's being inferred, not that I disagree with it. Koaa is an NBC affiliate, Good Morning America is an ABC affiliate. I don't know how they would know whether or not she was arrested. It appeared that Good Morning America and ABC was an exclusive, but perhaps the family members spoke out to koaa also?

Apparently if she knows where the body is, she is keeping that to herself, we can hope we have news this week the body or remains have been found. KKL you have stepped into now up to the top of your boots, do the right thing and talk talk talk !

We know she lacks ethics and basic human decency.

If she tells police where the body is it only increments her more, she is probably pretty sure PF won't tell.

So does she keep it to herself to lessen potential legal consequences??

Or maybe she has spilled everything, we know she can't keep a secret (thank god) , and there is no body to be found and she has told them that..

I guess we will see.

Or he may just continue to not say anything at all.
Why wouldn't there be a trial? Isn't she their most important witness? I thought that was why she was pleading to a lesser charge? In exchange for her testimony?
I'm sorry I was not clear; I meant that since KK/KL is taking a plea deal, she would not have a trial. I'm pretty sure PF will have a trial; like you, I do not think he will talk. But his attorney will have to present some theory, and my wild guess at this time is the attorney's theory will be based on KK/KL.

We know she lacks ethics and basic human decency.

If she tells police where the body is it only increments her more, she is probably pretty sure PF won't tell.

So does she keep it to herself to lessen potential legal consequences??

Or maybe she has spilled everything, we know she can't keep a secret (thank god) , and there is no body to be found and she has told them that..

I guess we will see.

I'm trying to imagine where I was in a conspiracy. And I got caught, and the other person is pointing fingers at me and trying to get out of it with a plea deal.

I would be very very upset if I was a murderer. I would be more upset than if she turned me in before I did it.

Betcha a nickel that she's the reason for the recent news about the
big dump search. Maybe she was holding out on telling that while
she was negotiating her plea deal. Once she told them where the
body could be found, they wrapped up the deal for her.

I'm trying to imagine where I was in a conspiracy. And I got caught, and the other person is pointing fingers at me and trying to get out of it with a plea deal.

I would be very very upset if I was a murderer. I would be more upset than if she turned me in before I did it.

True. I was only referring to the body- I don't think PF will give it up unless he gets something in return or he can use it to bring down KL. If she knows where it is she probably is pretty sure PF isn't going to give it up.

But yes, through his trial all the dirt there is to dig up on KL will be used. Good. She deserves it for letting this happen to KB. It is unforgiveable.

Sort of a "I saw what he did to the mother of his child, and if he can do that to her, what could he do to me?" type thing. Not saying I buy it, just saying I can see why she's saying that, to try to minimize her culpability in agreeing to it in the first place.

Yes to lessen her load of involvement, which I have a slight problem with her actual truth of the matter at hand.
I say that because this all went down supposedly in September (being discussed) and I can bet there were numerous conversations between them now that we do in fact know that KK is involved and doing a plea deal. September to Thanksgiving was a good amount of time for discussions!

Here's the weird thing.

I was thinking about this late last night and I almost convinced myself that KK might be completely innocent. I thought that perhaps after PF talked to her about killing KB, he gave up and found someone else. I thought that perhaps the third person had taken the phone north, partly to support PF's story about KB heading to her grandmother's and partly to encourage KK to keep her mouth shut (not realizing she had already spoken to someone).

So I went to be thinking it was a long shot, but perhaps KK hadn't participated at all.

What a morning surprise!

But what about her knowing about it as early as September? Conspiracy charge?

Not if she didn't agree to any of the solicitation attempts. Hypothetically, she could have declined all of those requests, and then thought nothing of it until he told her it was done. Then out of fear (her words, not mine), she agreed to transport the phone. In such a case, she would not be a co-conspirator to any murder.

Could more charges be brought against her ? Say if PF decides to talk details of her involvement, and it is more than she has confessed to ? Or is one charge all she can get period? @riolove77

I'm not @riolove. However, they could. But I don't know. They like to encourage people to talk and not renege on plea deals. But if it was for something vastly more serious (like actually killing her), they'd be motivated to charge her but there would have to be some big evidence. Not just his word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members