CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if it helps them get PF it might be well worth it.
Gitani,
If there is an accessory charge then why wait until now to charge her? They had the evidence from early on, why not lock her up then and let her make her little plea deals claiming fear for her life? Sounds like dereliction of duty by the prosecutors.

Yes, I would think she is the most important witness, and maybe the only witness, who can ensure that Frazee is responsible and is charged with the murder. Imo
If true, then the prosecutions case must be mighty weak, because the defense can destroy her credibility.

Here is the Inside Edition for 2/4/2019 Video. Appears KL may plea for the destruction of the cell phone according to Inside Edition, FYI. I posted prior that this would strongly indicate that she did not participate in the homicide based on what has been released so far. Looks like she is witness material which is actually good for the case against PF as much as it stinks morally.
Nurse Reportedly Investigated in Kelsey Berreth Case May Have Struck Plea Deal

Yeah I don't have a problem with it. It's how cases are worked and won. I'd much rather have her get a hand slap than let an actual murderer get off.

She will be forever known for what she did and who she is. Life as she knew it is over.

Wow! She has two kids......that is her family. Do you suppose she gave them parental permission to sell her story? Just speculating.

Her ex, in-laws, parents, siblings, cousins?

Blurbs in all the Denver Metro and CO Springs stations this AM but, NOTHING from the Idaho station that ran the three interviews with the lawyer couple staking their claim in this case in connection with KK / KL. The ID station is CBS, it seems Clayton Sandell and ABC have been the breaking news leaders on the story lately.

Southern Idaho News Weather Sports Obits | KMVT | Magic Valley

The ABC station in Boise has it as a top story:

Nurse in Kelsey Berreth case expected to plead guilty

Finally a little bit of information after crickets for weeks! I’m sure it is best for the case, but I still think about the story a lot.

Gitani,
If there is an accessory charge then why wait until now to charge her? They had the evidence from early on, why not lock her up then and let her make her little plea deals claiming fear for her life? Sounds like dereliction of duty by the prosecutors.
Unless she has been in custody all this time. One of the great unknowns here.

It's not clear what Krystal Lee, 32, will possibly plead guilty to, according to ABC News, but the plea reportedly comes as part of a deal with prosecutors in the case. Lee is set to appear in court on Friday.

This "deal" had better be one that benefits the DA hugely, and not just the <modsnipped>.

It had better be a "Winning" deal for the prosecution, and not just the<modsnipped>.

If she pleads guilty to one charge, it means she's likely guilty of more than the one charge.

I feel sick to my stomach right now.

I really hate our "justice" system sometimes.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
If true, then the prosecutions case must be mighty weak, because the defense can destroy her credibility.

No, it's more like her testimony would be the final nail in the coffin which could prevent a rogue juror from deciding, "I like him. He's a good ol' boy. I identify with him. Or wish that I did. Or I want to date him. And I dislike the victim. Because she's female. And she rubs me the wrong way. Therefore he can't have committed a crime."

We saw a lot of that in the Watts family case. Many people required a full confession AND plea before they would agree that CW killed his family. Despite the absolute avalanche of evidence against the guy.

So it's crucial to have as much evidence as possible. Make it iron clad.

I believe there is no way that the state of CO would've arrested and charged PF with murder, without a body, unless there was a ton of evidence.

But there are some kooks out there who let their feelings override logic and they may be jurors.

I don't have a problem with this apparent plea deal.

.....snipped by me for focus......

She will be forever known for what she did and who she is. Life as she knew it is over.

I agree. When and if she signs the official plea deal I expect we learn the "leave of absense" from her job will turn into an involuntary permanent "leave", if that has not already happened.

Gitani,

No it doesn't. It's easy to armchair quarterback.

The moment you charge someone the clock starts ticking in speedy trial rights. This is a complex case. There's a lot to put together and discuss and deal with behind the scenes that we will never know of.

But it sounds more to me like they have evidence but really wanted her full confession to make sure a strong case was even stronger.

She was likely reluctant to divulge all and they wanted everything she knew. It probably took a few conversations.

I see zero to suggest the DA and/or LE hasn't been absolutely stellar in this case.

I'm very impressed so far.

The moment you charge someone the clock starts ticking in speedy trial rights. This is a complex case. There's a lot to put together and discuss and deal with behind the scenes that we will never know of.

But it sounds more to me like they have evidence but really wanted her full confession to make sure a strong case was even stronger.

She was likely reluctant to divulge all and they wanted everything she knew. It probably took a few conversations.

I see zero to suggest the DA and/or LE hasn't been absolutely stellar in this case.

I'm very impressed so far

RBBM That is super comforting to me. Genuinely.

FEB 4, 2019 -- ABC/6 Boise

32-year-old Krystal Lee is scheduled to appear in a Colorado courtroom this week to enter a plea deal with prosecutors, according to Lee's relatives who spoke anonymously because the plea deal has not been publicly announced. Family members say Lee has been cooperating with investigators, who have been looking into the allegations that Lee may have disposed of evidence.

It's not yet clear what charge or charges Lee is expected to plead guilty to, or whether she'd face jail time. Attempts to reach Lee's attorney have been unsuccessful, according to ABC.

A spokeswoman for District Attorney Dan May would not confirm or comment on any potential plea, but she did confirm that Lee has a court date set for Friday, Feb. 8, in Teller County.
Nurse in Kelsey Berreth case expected to plead guilty

Ok. So should PF be able to walk because no one is willing to enter into a plea deal and thus there's not enough evidence for certain rogue members of a jury?
Why can’t the FBI get a statement without a plea deal? If she is guilty, charge her. If PF is guilty, get the evidence and charge him. Not a fan of plea deals.

No, it's more like her testimony would be the final nail in the coffin which could prevent a rogue juror from deciding, "I like him. He's a good ol' boy. I identify with him. Or wish that I did. Or I want to date him. And I dislike the victim. Because she's female. And she rubs me the wrong way. Therefore he can't have committed a crime."

We saw a lot of that in the Watts family case. Many people required a full confession AND plea before they would agree that CW killed his family. Despite the absolute avalanche of evidence against the guy.

So it's crucial to have as much evidence as possible. Make it iron clad.

I believe there is no way that the state of CO would've arrested and charged PF with murder, without a body, unless there was a ton of evidence.

But there are some kooks out there who let their feelings override logic and they may be jurors.

I don't have a problem with this apparent plea deal.

BBM:

I understand this perspective, and to an extent can agree with it.
If it remains a no body case, they have to make it iron clad against PF somehow.
If KK is the proverbial nail that puts that idiot PF in a literal coffin, I will be okay with it.

Having said that, I'm not nearly at the point of saying that I don't have a problem with this deal yet. I'm in a "wait and see" mode, i.e. let's see who ends up more on the winning end of the deal. There's a lot we don't know yet:
  • We don't know what the DA conceded to KK as part of the bartering process.
  • We don't know just how much actual value her testimony will have, i.e., we don't know what she knows and/or or what she'll actually say when she gets up on the stand.
  • KK is going to be a very unsympathetic figure to jurors (female jurors in particular), especially vis a vis the victim, KB. Jurors are going to actively dislike her. The DA is rolling the dice by putting a female <modsnipped> up on the stand that many (female) jurors will feel antagonistic toward and run a high risk of having a juror or two say to themselves, "I can't stand that woman! I'm not buying word of what she's selling!" She may have done this all on her own for all we know!" There are jurors loony enough to convince themselves of this, given half a chance.

All of the above: JMO.

I'm very impressed so far.
Well isn’t that what we do here is armchair quarterback? :D

It's not clear what Krystal Lee, 32, will possibly plead guilty to, according to ABC News, but the plea reportedly comes as part of a deal with prosecutors in the case. Lee is set to appear in court on Friday.

This "deal" had better be one that benefits the DA hugely, and not just the <modsnipped>.

It had better be a "Winning" deal for the prosecution, and not just the <modsnipped>.

If she pleads guilty to one charge, it means she's likely guilty of more than the one charge.

I feel sick to my stomach right now.

I really hate our "justice" system sometimes.

JMO.

Not me. Not in this case. I think CO LE/DA are rock stars. I'm excited by this news. And pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members