CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Krystal heading to CO for Friday’s hearing, I can not get this darn song out of my head...

She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes
She'll be coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain when she comes
{oh we all go out to meet her when she comes}
{She'll be wearing pink pajamas (or handcuffs) when she comes}.....etc.

I will be gone all day Friday. I’m counting on my WS peeps to get some good screen shots. ;) TIA
ha ha. thanks for laugh. i needed it.

On Friday, KK faces one count of Tampering with Physical Evidence, a Class 6 Felony.

I believe the the tampering charge represents part of the plea deal, and any charges not pursued, for her cooperation, are sealed like the rest of this case.

MOO
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Replying to xxxxx@KOAA

It’s punishable with 12-18 months in prison, as well as a fine between $1,000 & $100,000.

10:58 AM - 5 Feb 2019

Authorities connect Twin Falls, Idaho woman to murder of ex-Warden woman

"UPDATE 7:25 p.m. - At 3:12 p.m., the 4th Judicial District Attorney in Teller County announced that Krystal Lee, a suspected accomplice in the murder of Kelsey Berreth, will appear in court for a hearing on Friday Feb. 8. Lee faces one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or a $2,500 fine. "

This doesn’t sound much like a plea deal to me.

Am I way behind, has someone already posted that KKL's Colorado attorney has answered the Summons in her case and has filed a demand to produce evidence, witnesses against her, any agreements made with witnesses against her, etc?
Rio.............does this look like a plea bargain has been struck, or does it signal that she intends to fight the charge?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - People v. Krystal Jean Kenney

Looking at this request for discovery alone, without the rumors of her entering a plea on 2/8, it might appear they’re preparing for trial on the charge. But I think it’s more likely her attorney is just fulfilling her right to discovery. She is very obviously going to be a prosecution witness. The summons and complaint outlines the single charge, which is likely pled down, and the entry of appearance is just her attorney formally announcing that she is the attorney of record. I think it’s more likely that they just want everything the DA has that the defendant is entitled to.

I think the question that is being asked is whether or not the demand for discovery would still occur in a case where a plea deal has been arranged beforehand.

It doesn't make sense that it would. I'd think they would have it all before that. Maybe it's a covering your tail thing. Making sure they have everything.

PommyMommy,
You are incredible for all your posts and keeping us up to date.

I just cannot keep up with all the intelligent posts here. And trying to understand the legalities in court filings is way over my head. Lawyers must make it that way just to confuse us layfolks. :eek:

Haha. Believe me, we get confused too.

With Krystal heading to CO for Friday’s hearing, I can not get this darn song out of my head...

She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes
She'll be coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain
coming around the mountain when she comes
{oh we all go out to meet her when she comes}
{She'll be wearing pink pajamas (or handcuffs) when she comes}.....etc.

I will be gone all day Friday. I’m counting on my WS peeps to get some good screen shots. ;) TIA
Bwhahaha! :p
I needed a good cackle, thanks for this!

I've never seen something like the "Discovery Demand" in other cases here on WS. :eek:
Her lawyer wants KL to be protected to all sides - who is protecting the case (in the end the murder of KB)?
I don't understand "Justice". :confused:

i'm of the opinion that the DA offered this charge [a rather small one] to her , for a plea and her willingness to testify against PF. i'm also of the opinion that they told her that her truthful testimony against PF might reduce any further charges they think they could file against her. so, basically, imo, it would be in her interest to plea [although it may not be friday] and hope that the DA & court deems possible to reduce any further charges if her testimony against PF is truthful and aligned with what she told them in deal considerations. these are my opinions only. i'm not a lawyer.
edit: so, imo, it is entirely possible the new CO lawyers asked KK what else they had and she told them i can not remember and had no document so the new lawyers are simply requesting whatever other evidence related to other possible charges the DA may have. so, it's possible they will seek delay of the plea in order to determine what exactly the other stuff the DA has is. MOO.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for this post. This is what I am expecting. I’ve never thought she’d get jail time. We will see. And maybe I missed our group talk on other having “come forward” after the Rockstahl interview but being “silenced by the fbi”
Idaho nurse linked to Berreth fiance due in court Friday in Colorado
I have no opinion at this point as to whether KKL will do time or not. I am just looking forward to hearing what she has to say. People have been talking about her, but we haven't heard the story from the horse's mouth, so to speak. We don't know what exactly she has done. We have speculated that she took the phone, sent the texts, and then disposed of the phone - did she? And if not, who did? Did she dispose of other evidence? Was she crazy in love with PF (gag)? Did the two of them have business interests (horses)? I want to hear her story. Not someone else's version of her story. MOO

Am I way behind, has someone already posted that KKL's Colorado attorney has answered the Summons in her case and has filed a demand to produce evidence, witnesses against her, any agreements made with witnesses against her, etc?
Rio.............does this look like a plea bargain has been struck, or does it signal that she intends to fight the charge?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - People v. Krystal Jean Kenney
Thanks for posting that as I had not seen it. Here is more information on the attorney she has. It appears she was a public defender from 97 to 2007, worked with another firm and then went out on her own with a new partner in 2015 and got an acquittal for a high-profile case.

Dru Nielsen - Criminal Defense Lawyer | Eytan Nielsen

Jury finds Tom Fallis not guilty of murder

Yeah most defendants speak. Those who don't indeed have nerves of steel. I think we saw that with him and his behavior with the media.

IMO this is a man with little anxiety and a lot of confidence. He doesn't have a need for approval so he isn't cozying up to LE and talking to them like dingbat Watts.

I also suspect that he has always been able to get his mother to believe and defend him and protect him no matter what he's done, and that's all he's cared about for the most part because it's how he's survived. So he knows how to keep his mouth shut with most everyone else (exception would be romantic partners he's been able to fool) because he's had the experience that others won't fall for his b.s.

Yeah, we did see in court that he mouthed to his mother "I love you" .....( for being my alibi and continuing to cover my a$$?)

ETA!!! This was another case, I got the two cases confused. Ignore what I said above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member