CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devil's advocate here: if I were a police officer (and a human being) and I was in charge of taking this guy to court, I might insist on the vest, as well as shackles and handcuffs (which are probably overkill, but they are procedure).

Why? Send a message to PF how despised he is for what he's done - so despised that someone might even want to engage in a little 'frontier justice'.
Never considered that angle. Thanks! My thoughts were either someone IS threatening his life OR he's telling LE his life in danger by the person who did it being the liar he is.

From what I understand, plea deals are more often than not. Ok, I googled it. Not a legal eagle. Kinda obvious with my casual speak. :)

Yes. In fact, the majority of criminal cases never reach the trial stage. Pleas are VERY common.

I keep seeing (NOT on this board, but elsewhere) comments to the effect of, "Some cases take years to get the evidence, they should just take their time and put him away without her help, and then they can put her away too without a deal." People seem to think that LE and the DA can just keep PF in jail for years while they "take their time looking for evidence". PF has an 8th Amendment right to a speedy trial, and if the DA wanted to keep looking for evidence that he may never find, he'd have to let PF go right now. They can't just be like, "Hey bro, sit tight for a while alright? We're gonna go out and keep looking for ways to give you LWOP or capital punishment."

If he's not waived time, and something tells me he hasn't, then they have to try him or they have to let him go. And if trying him is stronger with KK as their final nail in his coffin, then I commend them for the way this is going.

Looks like the next custody court date is in April:

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/19/19
9:00 AM 1D FRAZEE, PATRICK Preliminary Hearing D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
4/4/19
8:30 AM 1H FRAZEE, PATRICK Disposition Hearing D602018JV26 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

You mean law "enforcement"??? The robbery charge is separate from the homicide charge. Two separate charges against PF. Your speculation carries no more or less weight than any speculation here. There is absolutely no indication the robbery occurred in KB's home, yet PF is charged with it. How on earth is LE going to prove the robbery took place at KB's home? afaik, there were no video security cameras which would capture a robbery.

JMO
There is no robbery charge. The second charge is felony murder (during the commission of a robbery or attempted robbery). Taking her phone or purse would not qualify, if they were simply removed after her death. They only qualify if she was aware they were being taken. However, they could have felony murder charge if they threatened to take something that did not end up being taken (that would be attempted robbery). IMO IANAL

I suspect that charge is there to give the prosecutors flexibility depending on what kind of defense is claimed.

Also -- do we know whether, when LE was searching at her townhome, they searched either of her vehicles? What if she was approached while in her vehicle, maybe just as she arrived home from shopping, with an attempt to make it look like a carjacking or a holdup, but somehow (based on LE comments) not actually killed until inside? The classic "your money or your life" type of scenario... Lots of missing pieces, but of course it will make sense once all the details are known.

Last edited:
susiQ, you raise some good questions about Thanksgiving Day. We saw Baby K and KB at Safeway that morning and a neighbor saw PF's truck right after lunch.

Who actually said that was the arrangement? Who said that PF and KB had arranged for PF to take Baby K?

You're right, it doesn't make sense. IIRC, she mentioned something to her mother about possibly having lunch with PF, but why would she hand off Baby K on a holiday weekend? I don't recall anything about her telling her mother that was the plan.

I'm really curious now to know if SF was home over Thanksgiving, because I can't see PF taking Baby K if he didn't have SF at home to help out.

Is PF our only source for the story that he had arranged to pick up Baby K on Thanksgiving Day? No Thanksgiving with KB, just pick up the baby and leave?

If PF is our only source, then we really don't know what was planned that day. I think it's more likely that he had told her he would drop by for lunch, but not that he was taking Baby K.
Could PF have robbed KB of her baby perhaps, which KB didn't want to let go out of her arms? Then outside the home it legally wouldn't be abduction/kidnapping, because on each day before he was allowed to take K with him for caring/sitting?
Thinking ...

Court Dates:

December 21st - Friday
  • Arrested- 1st Degree murder and Solicitation of Murder
  • PF - Hearing on Advisement - 3:30pm

December 27th - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing - 1pm

December 31st - Monday
  • PF - First Appearance - 9am

January 3rd - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing Continued - 8:30am

January 4th - Friday
  • PF - Motions Hearing - 1:30pm
  • KB’s parents file civil suit against PF

January 28th - Monday
  • PF - motion filed to dismiss wrongful death lawsuit

January 29th- Tuesday (VACATED)
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

February 4th - Monday
  • Nurse KK - Teller County charged KK with 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence

February 7th - Thursday
  • Pre-Trial Conference (Custody) - 8:30am

February 8th - Friday
  • Nurse KK Advisement Hearing 8:30am - Teller County
  • 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence

February 19th- Tuesday
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

March 11th- Monday
  • PF Wrongful Death - Scheduling and Planning Conference - 1:30 pm

April 4th - Thursday
  • Disposition Hearing (Custody) - 8:30am

Colorado Judicial Branch