CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching an episode of "Forensic Files" where a forensic scientist from Texas was the first person to be able to extract dna from human ashes. I believe it was the episode where the murderer poisoned 2 sister from San Angelo, Texas. I will try and find a link to the show.

Great! I've love to see this.

Does LE know exactly where her remains were burned? I mean the location he burned her body at?
Yes. It was reported yesterday by CBI Agent Slater that KK took Investigators to both the Nash Ranch barn where black tote with body initially stored, and the burn area on SF property. One of the Investigators reported that he was trained with IED's, accelerants, etc. in Afghanistan, and he confirmed this location by KK was the burn site.

So interesting- just the mom and PO brother there. No wife and kids of brother? PF's sister and her family wasn't there? Just the three of them, that we know of? This makes things all the more suspicious, if you ask me. Not saying the brother had any idea before going for dinner what was up, but it's awfully strange that the dinner table was pretty empty shortly after PF came from Kelsey's condo, only for him to go back to the condo. It makes you wonder if he told Kelsey he would be back in awhile, was going to go get something, went home to establish he had dinner at Ma's house with LE brother, then left saying he was getting the baby from Kelsey, came back and the rest is history.

I also wonder how he cleaned himself up nice and tidy after murdering her. He had to have had a change of clothes and shoes with him, right? So did he change into other clothes while at Kelsey's, killed her, cleaned himself up, the changed back into the same clothes his mother and brother saw him in at dinner?

The things that go through my head when I sit quietly for too long.
I’m not sure about the Thanksgiving scenario, and who specifically was there.

This guy left behind a bloody crime scene, for close to two days. That was something that he was comfortable doing.

If he was comfortable enough to do that, then he’d be comfortable enough to hang around after her murder, shower, and change.

He may have already had clothes there, or he brought a change of clothes with him.

This was premeditated, so it’s something he likely thought about. He sure as hell didn’t walk out of that house covered in blood.

I absolutely believe that Kelsey’s body was in that tote when it was burned.

KK retrieved it with PF, and was present when he started the fire.

She remained for “several hours,” but apparently wasn’t there when he finished what he was doing, and ultimately disposed of her remains.

There aren’t a lot of houses nearby, and I’m sure that even if someone smelled something, they weren’t the type of people to report it to law enforcement.

In following other cases where human bodies are burned in this way, the process takes many hours, but not days.

An accelerant helps, and all indications are that he used gasoline.

I buy this, and don’t anticipate her remains will ever be located, unless they found something at the fire location iteself.

A backhoe (or similar) was used to dig up the "yard" in front of the F's ranch. This is where I believe the fire was, as it is also in front of the porch that Ma allegedly witnessed the fire from. This area was dug out based on KK's information, IMO.

What I don't understand is that I don't remember trucks leaving with soil, to be sifted for evidence off-site. Maybe they sifted it there? I believe they recovered plastic fragments from the burnt tote, if I recall from yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.41.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.41.25 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
I don’t know how he got the bat into the house, or how he was able to convince Kelsey to play along with this game, but I’m strongly leaning towards it being true.

There isn’t any reason for him to lie about this to KK, and she did state that she saw a sweater that was contorted in a way that it could have been a blindfold.

He beat an innocent woman to death, there’s no way to make that look any better.

If he bought candles at that Walmart, then I’ll be sold.
I think she was upstairs. He simply bought the bat upstairs. This is usually why the baby is in the playpen. I don't know. These types try bad guy/good guy to keep people off-balance so anything is possible. I am sure she tried everything to appease his crazy. It just seems really unnecessary.

So interesting- just the mom and PO brother there. No wife and kids of brother? PF's sister and her family wasn't there? Just the three of them, that we know of? This makes things all the more suspicious, if you ask me. Not saying the brother had any idea before going for dinner what was up, but it's awfully strange that the dinner table was pretty empty shortly after PF came from Kelsey's condo, only for him to go back to the condo. It makes you wonder if he told Kelsey he would be back in awhile, was going to go get something, went home to establish he had dinner at Ma's house with LE brother, then left saying he was getting the baby from Kelsey, came back and the rest is history.

I also wonder how he cleaned himself up nice and tidy after murdering her. He had to have had a change of clothes and shoes with him, right? So did he change into other clothes while at Kelsey's, killed her, cleaned himself up, the changed back into the same clothes his mother and brother saw him in at dinner?

The things that go through my head when I sit quietly for too long.

All good questions.

Seriously, I'm not so sure KK wasn't the first person to utter the words/plant the seed that KB should die. She might be the mastermind behind this, the one who provoked the thought. To be clear, I don't think it took much to convince PF.

ITA I think all of those "ideas" of how to murder KB, were' KK's and not PF's except for the bat. And I think that the "guess the candle scent" game idea was hers too. moo

Oh, I shouldn't even be reading... I promised myself :mad:

I’m not sure about the Thanksgiving scenario, and who specifically was there.

This guy left behind a bloody crime scene, for close to two days. That was something that he was comfortable doing.

If he was comfortable enough to do that, then he’d be comfortable enough to hang around after her murder, shower, and change.

He may have already had clothes there, or he brought a change of clothes with him.

This was premeditated, so it’s something he likely thought about. He sure as hell didn’t walk out of that house covered in blood.

KK mentioned tossing bloody baby wipes. Those and the blood in so many spots in the bathroom suggest to me that he did a quick but thorough cleanup in there before he left.

I don't know if we know the search results of the truck. KK mentioned his bloody footprints all over the condo. He had to do something to keep from tracking any of the blood into his truck.

Interesting comments in Sam's news twitter about a possible Nash ranch. This may or may not end up being the same Nash ranch as was referred to in the hearing yesterday, but it could be because this one is only a 30 mile drive to Woodland Park and it sounds like it is just slightly north of Fremont county.

Google Maps

None of it makes sense but I did notice this tweet yesterday:

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Kenney claimed she did all this out of fear of #PatrickFrazee. Worried that he had people watching her, like he claimed he had people watching #KelseyBerreth. @csgazette

BBM. He had people watching her? What the what is that about? It sounds like something a paranoid schizophrenic would claim in a bad movie. Or the mole in a 1930's gangster film. Who is PF that he "had people watching" her? o_O

Interesting...he had ‘friends’ in the rodeo circuits which may have owed him favors. Someone could have alerted KK to the ‘watching’. It could be true or just be a scare technique. Might come me out if there is a trial.

But her ex husband already knew she was seeing PF before the divorce. So, there has to be something more, if there is any secret. I was just throwing it out there because she mentioned she was afraid of PF, being afraid can be emotionally driven, too, if he had threatened to tell some deep dark secret from the past that she didn't want others to know.

I just think she's evil and will do what she wants to get what she wants, even if it means planning, partaking and cleaning up after a murder. She has no moral compass and doesn't care. She's lied so many times to many people, covering her tracks and PF's throughout all of this. She's just as cunning as he is. Unfortunately, it makes me wonder- if it wasn't for the cell phones, would either of them even be up for murder or soliciting? They never mentioned yesterday if she was caught on camera at any time, did they? I know they got Patrick on video on a few places, including her condo.
She was at Sonic.

A backhoe (or similar) was used to dig up the "yard" in front of the F's ranch. This is where I believe the fire was, as it is also in front of the porch that Ma allegedly witnessed the fire from. This area was dug out based on KK's information, IMO.

What I don't understand is that I don't remember trucks leaving with soil, to be sifted for evidence off-site. Maybe they sifted it there? I believe they recovered plastic fragments from the burnt tote, if I recall from yesterday.
They would have excavated that site manually, and done the sifting there.

We do know they found plastic, but it perplexes me that they didn’t mention bone fragments.

If you find one, you should find the other.

Perhaps they did.

I do believe yesterday it was said that PF wanted KK to take the stuff back to Idaho with Kelsey's remains (I don't have an exact quote or wording for this, sorry, it's my wording) and Krystal refused to bring them, so he cleaned them up himself and disposed of them. Again, this was well planned out.

Patrick Frazee tied a sweater around Kelsey Berreth’s face and beat her to death with a bat

Kenney informed investigators that Frazee told her that while he beat Berreth to death, their daughter was in the room in a walker, Slater testified.

Exhausted, Kenney wanted to return home to Idaho, Slater said, but Frazee allegedly told her that she was in it now and had to follow through to the end.

They went to a barn where Frazee had hidden Berreth’s body in a large tote bag on top of a haystack. They took Berreth’s remains to Frazee’s ranch, Slater testified. Frazee put Berreth’s body on a metal trough, filled it with wood, doused it with gas and oil, and lit it on fire, he said.

Kenney told investigators that Frazee said he’d scooped Berreth’s remains from the fire after it went out, and either left them in a dump or threw them in a river.

I absolutely believe that Kelsey’s body was in that tote when it was burned.

KK retrieved it with PF, and was present when he started the fire.

She remained for “several hours,” but apparently wasn’t there when he finished what he was doing, and ultimately disposed of her remains.

There aren’t a lot of houses nearby, and I’m sure that even if someone smelled something, they weren’t the type of people to report it to law enforcement.

In following other cases where human bodies are burned in this way, the process takes many hours, but not days.

An accelerant helps, and all indications are that he used gasoline.

I buy this, and don’t anticipate her remains will ever be located, unless they found something at the fire location iteself.
5 gallons of gas and oil according to the Affidavit and he piled wood on top of it - para 73

I snipped your post down to this part. It was PF's brother who was at TG dinner at 230. Brother says PF showed up "later", not giving a time. Also the affidavit says PF's phone pinged near KB's house between 13:00 and 16:30 on the 22nd, placing him at the condo at that time. The 15:36 video confirms this.

From KOAA live blog:

"Frazee’s lawyer asked Adams about his interviews with Frazee’s brother, Sean Frazee. Adams said Sean Frazee arrived at Thanksgiving with his family around 2:30 p.m. and Patrick arrived later. Sean said he didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. The defense claims Sean was a member of law enforcement and would have noticed suspicious behavior."
Sean needs retraining, snap.

I tried really really hard to believe kk wasn't totally involved, but I was wrong for sure. My random thoughts here.
1) Disgusting that PF played a game with kb....to sniff and guess the candle scents, etc. The whole thing is totally demented. I suppose if she had the sweater over her head she wouldn't scream (before getting hit) and alert the neighbors. He is truly a wolf in sheep's clothing.
2) And KK...something is very wrong with her too. To almost murder someone 3 times. Maybe she didn't do the crime because she wanted pf to do it. He'd get life (if caught) and not her.
3) And SF, what did she think pf was burning? [I actually had a DREAM this week that I turned my son in for some (unknown) wrongdoing. I freaked out in the DREAM, but I did it anyways. Obviously I'm emotionally caught up in all this].
Soooo...didn't sf ask him what he was burning?
4) The brother could have been told by pf as to what he did since the brother was with pf a couple times after the murder, and it seems he told pf to get a lawyer. How about just suggesting coming clean and do a *CW.
5) How did LE miss the blood? It didn't show up with luminosity, or whatever the word is? Who was in charge of it. CBI? Maybe they thought pf did it, but because ît was SO clean they didn't think it was done with bloodshed.
Does lay people need to come in to future crime scenes to help LE out? Oy vey (don't really know what that means but it sounded appropriate).
6) Thankful we got answers, but it's shocking, even for those who expected the worst. You don't usually get this much detail in crimes because the perp doesn't usually want the facts out.
*Chris Watts guilty plea

I agree 100 percent. If KK hadn't talked there would be no charges against either of them. Which boggles my mind, why did she talk, but thank god she did.

I was worried last night because the case hinges on her. They have very little tangible evidence against PF.

Nov 22- video of him back at KB’s house at 336 is in conflict with his statements

Nov 22- cell phone pings show that KB and PF’s phones were together late in the day near divide and later west of cripple creek

Nov 23- cell phone pings of KB and PF’s phones show they were both in florrissant

Nov 24- texts exchanged between the two phones near Florissant and cripple creek (by the afternoon KK’s and KB’s cell phones were together pinging of the same towers at the same times.

The rest is circumstantial or the word of KK. To be frank I was still a bit worried about the case.

Until I read the arrest warrant. They left out some cell phone info in the prelim (or i missed it, but I don't think so).

Nov 24- KB, PF, and KK's cell phones were all pinging together during that trip to Nash ranch to pick up KB"s body to burn.

As the DA said originally, the cell phone data is the key. They have that, with KK's testimony and there can't be a reasonable doubt, unless you disregard the evidence.
And:

He had baby K.
Didn't report KB missing after 10 days.
He lied to CB.
He didn't attend the press conference.
Had KK send phony texts from ID to throw off LE.

Circumstantial evidence is valid evidence. But I do agree that the case is far more solid w/KK's account. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam