CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it may be as simple as PF contacting KK's ex-husband with dirt that might give him a leg up on custody of their own children. According to the affidavit, their divorce wasn't final until August 2018. MOO
But her ex husband already knew she was seeing PF before the divorce. So, there has to be something more, if there is any secret. I was just throwing it out there because she mentioned she was afraid of PF, being afraid can be emotionally driven, too, if he had threatened to tell some deep dark secret from the past that she didn't want others to know.

I just think she's evil and will do what she wants to get what she wants, even if it means planning, partaking and cleaning up after a murder. She has no moral compass and doesn't care. She's lied so many times to many people, covering her tracks and PF's throughout all of this. She's just as cunning as he is. Unfortunately, it makes me wonder- if it wasn't for the cell phones, would either of them even be up for murder or soliciting? They never mentioned yesterday if she was caught on camera at any time, did they? I know they got Patrick on video on a few places, including her condo.

i have not read through the thread since about 10pm last night but i'd like to know if a transcript of what was said in court is to become available? this was my first "court hearing via twitter" and while it was better than nothing, and i did enjoy the energy of it all, it still came off as sorta hearsay in a way. especially when the fellow sam [cant remember last name] reported 11/23 [instead of 9/22] in a tweet and took a couple hours to correct himself. he lost about 15 cred points with me on that one. so, i'd like to read somewhat exactly what was said in court instead of a impression through a twitterhead. will a transcript be released? thanks.
Careful now.... on this thread, Sam has about 2,000 bonus points so -15 still leaves him heads above the rest!! Just sayin..:p

ETA: Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) eventually provides for access to many court records. The transcript of the hearing will be available soon for a $$fee, but the same will show up in discovery files after the trial. If/when a transcript of hearing becomes available in the media, you'll probably find it posted here in the MEDIA thread.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the call to Ma F was to tell her he was running a bit late but "hold dinner, I'm on my way with baby K." When he gets there he spins his tale about KB breaking up with him, again, that she's crazy, blah, blah, blah. Pathological liar he is.

He could have easily followed that up by telling SF he hated to eat and run, but KB wants her keys and gun back immediately, right that day. If she asked later what took him so long, he could say they'd gotten in another fight.

Although...I wonder if SF knew KB was with him when he went checking on cattle. For that matter, when KB went to fetch something for his 'ulcer', did she leave it at the gate? Take it to the door?

:eek:
I have to say this thought crossed my mind as well. :oops::( But then I wondered why would they use KK's friend's gun/bullet when they had KB's gun that they already planned to get rid of as part of the lie that KB took off to commit suicide?
With that, maybe a casing is still around the area or it was found already

I can't stop thinking about the fire and the statement by KK that she only saw "a lump" in the fire. Is it possible PF disposed of KB's body elsewhere before KK arrived then only burned the tote because it was evidence? Could he have only told KK that KB was in there? The fire would have to be extremely hot or burn for days to reduce the body to ashes. And the smell would be horrible. Not only would SF notice this, the neighbors should have noticed the smoke or the smell. Also, didn't some of our locals tell us there was a ban on burning in Colorado due to the history of wildfires? Would the neighbors really not say anything if they saw black smoke or smelled fire at night?

I guess it's wishful thinking on my part that KB's body may still be out there somewhere and recoverable for her family to have a proper funeral. :(

MOO.
Para 74 of the Affidavit - it was a "heap" not a lump - the twitters were incorrect but they said acoustics were terrible.

But her ex husband already knew she was seeing PF before the divorce. So, there has to be something more, if there is any secret. I was just throwing it out there because she mentioned she was afraid of PF, being afraid can be emotionally driven, too, if he had threatened to tell some deep dark secret from the past that she didn't want others to know.

I just think she's evil and will do what she wants to get what she wants, even if it means planning, partaking and cleaning up after a murder. She has no moral compass and doesn't care. She's lied so many times to many people, covering her tracks and PF's throughout all of this. She's just as cunning as he is. Unfortunately, it makes me wonder- if it wasn't for the cell phones, would either of them even be up for murder or soliciting? They never mentioned yesterday if she was caught on camera at any time, did they? I know they got Patrick on video on a few places, including her condo.

Ironic about the cellphones. KK seems to have had a much better understanding of how they worked than PF. She was buying burner phones to protect herself and didn't send the fake texts until she was back in Idaho. Dimwit PF is sitting there with a phone in each hand, texting from one to the other, and doesn't realize LE will be able to determine that.

Did we learn what PF purchased at Walmart? If law enforcement had him on video and knew when he checked out they likely know from the video or cash register records what he bought there. Candles? The Swiffer found later at his ranch? A tote?

Now that we know the tight timeline, is it possible he went to the ranch for a quick cameo and then went to commit the deed and stayed at Kelsey’s until after dark when the cameras no longer would detect his exit?

Also, is it possible that PF tried to appear like a nice guy and offered to pick up baby K for a brief period of time of TG so Kelsey could shower, cook something, or even nap (after PF kept her out so late)? And then was expected back to pick up Kelsey and take her back to the ranch for TG meal with family?

JMO

While all of the gory details provided by KK were riveting yesterday, much of it seems to be embellished by her for shock value and that's why the DA wanted the public to hear it. They want PF to plea. PF has to be seething from all of KK's incredible bs.

KB was tiny and one whack to the head with a wooden bat by a guy as large as PF would have knocked her to the floor. There was no chasing her all over the house going whack, whack getting blood everywhere from the back bedroom to the Bible, to the kitchen. Just because KK said there was blood on oven mitts, tin foil, baby toys, and she found a full tooth, doesn't mean any of it is true. It can't be proved because she threw it all away.

KK's story about the Starbucks makes absolutely no sense and sounds more like behavior of a stalker obsessed with KB. She knocks on KB's door and starts babbling about lost dogs and play dates and wants us to believe KB actually accepted the coffee. It isn't remotely believable. Not for a minute do I believe PF came up with an idea of a blindfold "game" with scented candles. That sounds like something from a soap opera script.

KK only admitted to being at the crime scene because she knew they might find her DNA there. But I think she totally fabricated the reason she was there.

And who is the male the DNA belongs to? Not PF. And where is the 8th bullet from Megan's gun?

JMO

This will explain the coffee.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Page 8 of 10

Paragragh 63

CBI Agent Greg Slater said Frazee and the nurse, Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, plotted for her to spike the coffee with drugs she had access to at work. Kenney went so far as to buy a caramel macchiato at the Starbucks inside the Woodland Park Walmart Sept. 23 and pose as a neighbor thanking Berreth for corralling her dogs that had gotten loose.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/pl...ee-revealed-in-latest-hearing-on-murder-case/

I absolutely believe that Kelsey’s body was in that tote when it was burned.

KK retrieved it with PF, and was present when he started the fire.

She remained for “several hours,” but apparently wasn’t there when he finished what he was doing, and ultimately disposed of her remains.

There aren’t a lot of houses nearby, and I’m sure that even if someone smelled something, they weren’t the type of people to report it to law enforcement.

In following other cases where human bodies are burned in this way, the process takes many hours, but not days.

An accelerant helps, and all indications are that he used gasoline.

I buy this, and don’t anticipate her remains will ever be located, unless they found something at the fire location iteself.

RBBM

I'm thinking DNA testing might come be used to help ID her remains, if any exist.

And she’ll even leave behind secret trophies. You know that’s what she left behind. They weren’t clues. They were her own secret trophies.
See, I feel in my gut she kept KB's things. It was weird when said, "earrings in her purse." I thought she is going to admit she has all these items. It is why she wanted to see her in person, imo.

RBBM

I'm thinking DNA testing might come be used to help ID her remains, if any exist.

I remember watching an episode of "Forensic Files" where a forensic scientist from Texas was the first person to be able to extract dna from human ashes. I believe it was the episode where the murderer poisoned 2 sister from San Angelo, Texas. I will try and find a link to the show.

Now PF's Brother, the Police Officer, would know PF ONLY stayed a few minutes.
Will PF's bother be interviewed, and what will he state?
So interesting- just the mom and PO brother there. No wife and kids of brother? PF's sister and her family wasn't there? Just the three of them, that we know of? This makes things all the more suspicious, if you ask me. Not saying the brother had any idea before going for dinner what was up, but it's awfully strange that the dinner table was pretty empty shortly after PF came from Kelsey's condo, only for him to go back to the condo. It makes you wonder if he told Kelsey he would be back in awhile, was going to go get something, went home to establish he had dinner at Ma's house with LE brother, then left saying he was getting the baby from Kelsey, came back and the rest is history.

I also wonder how he cleaned himself up nice and tidy after murdering her. He had to have had a change of clothes and shoes with him, right? So did he change into other clothes while at Kelsey's, killed her, cleaned himself up, the changed back into the same clothes his mother and brother saw him in at dinner?

The things that go through my head when I sit quietly for too long.

No news locally of the kind, no. But I've read posts today here from people who believe that PF "had something on KK", in order to make her jump to all of his commands, take all those trips, try to kill KB all of those times.. and then own "her mess", and I tend to lean that way.

If there were anything that PF was holding over KK, it could be that she's with child (or a previous child they share). Maybe she didn't want the Ex to learn of either/or since she was residing with her Ex still... smh

*sigh* my mind's still a horrified pretzel from yesterday's info dump, but yeah, anything is possible as we all learned yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me since she admitted to a very current relationship with PF. No wonder The BFF did not want to comment on that. All just my sad opinion.

eta I'll vomit if I find that to be true. Just sayin.

I think you are on to something, and KK’s ex in the affidavit states “CK did not want any details of the affair”.

So PF and KK had “relations” in college and again in 2016. That we know of. Not sure of the ages of KK’s kiddos but it’s possible one of them is not CK’s. As bad as that would be for KK’s kiddo...I’ve wondered if that is something PF had on KK....

I disagree. She was always walking on eggshells with him. PF's mask slipped a longtime ago.

Participating in the stupid candle game was KB just keeping the peace. What she really wanted/needed was a nap after doing him favors all night, with her baby daughter in tow.

MOO
This was my thought too. They met online right? Online stuff can be so charming...you take a leap and there is likely a lot of that charming stuff initially in person. I would imagine she felt isolated to a certain extent after a while and began to question herself once the criticisms from PF came down on her. I know I’m speculating but what some call a rough patch in relationships can be unfortunately a precursor to bad things. Maybe he wanted her guard down?

To be at Thanksgiving at 2:30, he would have had to get out of KB's unseen by the camera, go to Thanksgiving for a few minutes and be back by 3:36. I don't know how far away the Thanksgiving celebration was from KB's.

I snipped your post down to this part. It was PF's brother who was at TG dinner at 230. Brother says PF showed up "later", not giving a time. Also the affidavit says PF's phone pinged near KB's house between 13:00 and 16:30 on the 22nd, placing him at the condo at that time. The 15:36 video confirms this.

From KOAA live blog:

"Frazee’s lawyer asked Adams about his interviews with Frazee’s brother, Sean Frazee. Adams said Sean Frazee arrived at Thanksgiving with his family around 2:30 p.m. and Patrick arrived later. Sean said he didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. The defense claims Sean was a member of law enforcement and would have noticed suspicious behavior."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974