CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there proof, though, that the gun was actually fired in that time frame?

Believe me, I wouldn't put it past her to do it, just saying, unless her prints or PF's were on it, they might have a hard time proving she used it.
No, there's no proof, it's just postulating based on KK's friend's statements about a round in the chamber and bullet missing from the gun in the car she lent to KK.

I think it really comes down to this.

They didn't have enough for conspiracy úntil she talked. In fact, they had nothing until then.

And they didn't have enough even for accessory either because accessory to what? They need evidence of the crime she would've been an accessory to, in order to charge her as an accessory.

So let's say they had proof she had KB's phone. They had proof from those witnesses that she talked about PF's plan or solicitation before the fact. But there's no body. Nothing proving an actual murder. How can you charge accessory to a crime you can't prove?

So they threatened her with murder charges or conspiracy or accessory and she wouldn't know everything they had but her lawyer would know it would be hard without a body. Or a confession.

So they agreed to negotiate a plea deal.

It's not fair. Her involvement seems vast. But I don't think they had enough for much of anything but tampering. Until she talked.

I agree 100 percent. If KK hadn't talked there would be no charges against either of them. Which boggles my mind, why did she talk, but thank god she did.

I was worried last night because the case hinges on her. They have very little tangible evidence against PF.

Nov 22- video of him back at KB’s house at 336 is in conflict with his statements

Nov 22- cell phone pings show that KB and PF’s phones were together late in the day near divide and later west of cripple creek

Nov 23- cell phone pings of KB and PF’s phones show they were both in florrissant

Nov 24- texts exchanged between the two phones near Florissant and cripple creek (by the afternoon KK’s and KB’s cell phones were together pinging of the same towers at the same times.

The rest is circumstantial or the word of KK. To be frank I was still a bit worried about the case.

Until I read the arrest warrant. They left out some cell phone info in the prelim (or i missed it, but I don't think so).

Nov 24- KB, PF, and KK's cell phones were all pinging together during that trip to Nash ranch to pick up KB"s body to burn.

As the DA said originally, the cell phone data is the key. They have that, with KK's testimony and there can't be a reasonable doubt, unless you disregard the evidence.

Interesting. Previous news reports said they divorced in June 2016. I wonder which is accurate?

Krystal’s husband said they met/knew each other since college, he knew kk& pf were seeing each other 2016 they filed iirc 2016, finalized 2018. They still live in the same home raising their two children.

Hmmm. Didn’t KK say that she only got back into a “romantic” relationship with PF in March of 2018?
I thought he said they had not had a sexual relationship that he knew of since around 2016 or 2017. Same meaning I guess.
Either way, they seem to have a long history, if they dated in college

I think all of the above is true - context being whose eyes you're looking through.

Ex husband - "dated in collage" (~2004-2008) when they're ~18-20yr olds; she & Ex married 8yrs, so 2010 to 2018. "Sexual relationship 2016 and/or 2017" (she cheated on ex); start of separation proceedings thereafter. Divorce final in summer 2018.

KK's words - "romantic relationship ~March 2018" (final divorce pending, she's free to call it more than a hook-up).

MOO

SF has known everything, I contend

Isn’t it interesting that she hosted the very brief T-Day dinner with the one son who is in Law Enforcement on the same day the other son commits a premeditiated, brutal rage-filled murder and abducts the child?

And I contend SHE KNEW where PF went that day and why.

She’s known all along. She’s the instigator, needling PF, IMHO, MOO, MOO, MOO

I wonder as well. I also believe he played one story to KB, another to KK and toed the line with lies to ma, as that mattered most in some ways. Just speculation. And jmo.

Krystal’s husband said they met/knew each other since college, he knew kk& pf were seeing each other 2016 they filed iirc 2016, finalized 2018. They still live in the same home raising their two children.
But she still had to set up lies as to her whereabouts to her “ex” husband? And he doesn’t want to hear the details of their affair? Smh..... CL Run before we have to start looking for your burned up bits.....

Is there proof, though, that the gun was actually fired in that time frame?

Believe me, I wouldn't put it past her to do it, just saying, unless her prints or PF's were on it, they might have a hard time proving she used it.
Excellent thought - did LE confiscate the gun from her? We know they got KB's gun back from yet another friend of KK's, right?

I think the affidavit does a good job of backing up her story - IMO. The cell phone data in particular. It seems they have solid evidence that she was alive on 11/22 (video) and then she was not. and KK has an alibi so PF has to be the one to murder her. What I find appalling is the detail with which he told her of murdering KB and her recollection of those details (blood on oven mitts, bible, tinfoil covering rolls, baby toys, pillows curtains - and a tooth with a root - did she take pictures I wonder?). Almost like they enjoyed it? I just can't imagine the conversation they had while watching the burning. JMO

I agree with this. However, I don't know. We have two people who are admittedly not the smartest bulbs in the light bulb pack but both knew to lawyer up and shut their mouths right off. I for one want to see proof positive that in no way was she near this murder as it was happening. Not sure I believe it. Did I read something she was about 160 miles away on 11/22?

We do have people who burned burner phones, Kelsey's phone, her own phone, how convenient (I hope they have recovered ALL communications) apparently stalked and plotted together on ways to kill her, play her, humilate her, and seeming scenarios...

Yikes! I assumed the DNA was from her dad or brother since they were staying at Kelseys house at the time. Imo

It also could have been from a plumber or even a previous owner. She had not had the place very long and many people would have been in and out of there in recent months-- realtors, other perspective buyers, inspectors, repairmen, etc... JMO.

Have you read about the three different murder plans?
The poisoning, the metal pipe, and ultimately his blindfolding her and hitting her in the head with the baseball bat?

And I would have to find where I read it but how they discussed various scenarios and ways. She is so much a part of this. imho.

What I do not understand....PF gets bullet proof vest.....what not KK when she is in town, testifying etc. I think people would hate her just as much. So why vest for PF not KK unless there are other reasons not related to,the case? Just thinking out loud.

With that, the fact KK is “free”, she could run, dose she have an ankle monitor, is she under protection, in hiding, guarded 24 hours? What gives with this one? KK just disappears from court and poof she is gone...no one reports seeing her about her town. One would think some media would be hanging out for that one picture.

Something seems off to me.

I agree 100 percent. If KK hadn't talked there would be no charges against either of them. Which boggles my mind, why did she talk, but thank god she did.

I was worried last night because the case hinges on her. They have very little tangible evidence against PF.

Nov 22- video of him back at KB’s house at 336 is in conflict with his statements

Nov 22- cell phone pings show that KB and PF’s phones were together late in the day near divide and later west of cripple creek

Nov 23- cell phone pings of KB and PF’s phones show they were both in florrissant

Nov 24- texts exchanged between the two phones near Florissant and cripple creek (by the afternoon KK’s and KB’s cell phones were together pinging of the same towers at the same times.

The rest is circumstantial or the word of KK. To be frank I was still a bit worried about the case.

Until I read the arrest warrant. They left out some cell phone info in the prelim (or i missed it, but I don't think so).

Nov 24- KB, PF, and KK's cell phones were all pinging together during that trip to Nash ranch to pick up KB"s body to burn.

As the DA said originally, the cell phone data is the key. They have that, with KK's testimony and there can't be a reasonable doubt, unless you disregard the evidence.

Exactly. Looking back at the Watts case for instance, the arrest affidavit was absolutely damning.

When we saw the discovery documents, it became apparent that the case against him was overwhelming.

The same likely applies here; we’re only seeing a small sample.

They’ve got this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member