CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I cannot keep up and still have a job, lol.
I peeked in at lunchtime but I cannot go through 70 something pages since last night so maybe someone can answer this;
Who is Meghan? Is she MG? I know KK borrowed her car...and Meghan knew? How many other people knew?
Meghan is MG - co worker of KK

I believe the following had knowledge that PF solicited KB to murder KB:

MG
MS
R's (lawyer & his wife)

Possibly had knowledge of solicitation - speculation only:

Idaho Gun broker (KK gave him KB's gun to get rid of it),
KK Aunt(s) - Aunt K was with KK in Las Vegas when she was questioned by CBI , and unnamed Aunt took KK to Boise to seek a lawyer just before making deal with DA.

KK likes to talk! She could not remain silent.

MOO

Last edited:
Well said.

Once we heard about this plea deal, I was resigned to the fact that she was more involved than what she plead to, and was going to get off much lighter than she should.

I didn’t imagine that she was involved to the extent that was revealed yesterday:

Three solicitations that nearly resulted in murder attempts.

Cleaning up Kelsey’s blood and teeth.

Helping PF to mislead the investigation, destroy evidence, and lying to the FBI.

At the same time, I understand why the DA was willing to cut a deal with the devil.

I’m convinced it was necessary.

This could have gone on for years, and justice may have been elusive.

A killer could have succeeded in his diabolical plan, and gone on to live a happy life with his child and mistress.

Now he won’t.
^THIS.

Never in a million years would I have imagined this level of depravity. Call me naïve, but I thought "moved the phone" meant that KK somewhat reluctantly agreed to take the phone to ID and send a couple of texts. I'll bet LE was struggling to keep straight faces while listening to/recording her story. MOO

Last edited:
wouldn't they have samples from the family or find them similar to KB and rule them out?

Humans leave DNA samples wherever they go. The current state of police technology is such that if there is DNA anywhere in that small condo, they probably found it. Certainly the defense will raise the question of who it was.
My thought that if they found two random DNA samples, and abundant amounts of PF's DNA, then the condo probably wasn't cleaned quite as well as KKL described. IMO

I absolutely don’t think so.

PF took the baby and left, later claiming to law enforcement that he never saw Kelsey again.

Of course surveillance footage showed that he took the baby, went to Walmart, and returned to Kelsey’s house.

She was almost certainly killed within the ensuing minutes of his return, and this is the type of crime that one commits alone.

It was personal.

Help me out, here, because something doesn't add up. Looking at this recap of the timeline, from the arrest affidavit:

Nov. 22, 2018
1 – 4 a.m.: Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home.

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

12:31-12.33 - Looks like he called Kelsey while she was at Safeway and she called him back. They're both pinging in Woodland Park so he's at or near her place.

12:41 - She texts him. Is that when she's leaving Safeway to say she's on her way home?

12:54-1:17 - He's confirmed at Walmart with baby carrier and LE assumes it contains baby K. If that assumption is correct, baby K is no longer in the house with Kelsey.

1:24 - He's back at Kelsey's

3:36 - Neighbor's cam catches him at Kelsey's (leaving???)

If he killed Kelsey between 1:24 and 3:36, he had already taken baby K out of the house. What did he do - bring her back in and put her in the playpen and then killed her mommy?

^THIS.

Never in a million years would I have imagined this level of depravity. Call me naïve, but I thought "moved the phone" meant that KK somewhat reluctantly agreed to take the phone to ID and send a couple of texts. I'll be LE was struggling to keep straight faces while listening to/recording her story. MOO

I agree. That makes me ill. KK should go rot in prison.

Or he may have "scooped" the entire trough with a front end loader, and hauled away and discarded the entire unit and contents leaving nothing behind.

ETA: Have to remember this all happened before KB reported missing, and nobody was watching.
I was just about to ask if it is known whether or not he got rid of the whole thing. If he dumped it in the river all the evidence would likely be gone. Imo

Humans leave DNA samples wherever they go. The current state of police technology is such that if there is DNA anywhere in that small condo, they probably found it. Certainly the defense will raise the question of who it was.
My thought that if they found two random DNA samples, and abundant amounts of PF's DNA, then the condo probably wasn't cleaned quite as well as KKL described. IMO

Anyone think the DNA was planted by KK or PF?

I don't think there was a break up in my opinion. KB was working and taking care of that baby and I'm sure that just a here and there text and a little attention was enough for her to think everything's fine. Smelling candles and felt secure enough to cover her eyes. She didn't have a clue. Wonder how he explained the bat in the house or if it was hers? Omo
Maybe if she did give her gun to PF or he took it for whatever reason we don't know if the reason said before is the truth, she decided she would keep a bat around. There are a lot of bears and other wildlife roaming around in Woodland too so a bat would come in handy to protect yourself.

It can take a while for love to die, but that is ridiculous..right?
It sounds ridiculous that KK would, on three occasions, show up to KB's house per PF's orders. It's all ridiculous but people do crazy things "for love".

You'd have to try to understand, psychologically, where KK was. I'd wonder why KK wouldn't report PF police ASAP but I think she was far gone at that point.

Like a pathological manipulator would, he tricked KK into falling in love with him just like he tricked KB into being blindfolded to "smell the candles" on Thanksgiving. He was only using KK. He wanted KB (who probably humiliated him) gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating on both with others, too.

ok I cannot keep up and still have a job, lol.
I peeked in at lunchtime but I cannot go through 70 something pages since last night so maybe someone can answer this;
Who is Meghan? Is she MG? I know KK borrowed her car...and Meghan knew? How many other people knew?

Yes, MG and Meghan are the same. So far, less than half the population of Idaho knew, as near as I can tell. IMO

Help me out, here, because something doesn't add up. Looking at this recap of the timeline, from the arrest affidavit:

Nov. 22, 2018
1 – 4 a.m.: Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home.

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

12:31-12.33 - Looks like he called Kelsey while she was at Safeway and she called him back. They're both pinging in Woodland Park so he's at or near her place.

12:41 - She texts him. Is that when she's leaving Safeway to say she's on her way home?

12:54-1:17 - He's confirmed at Walmart with baby carrier and LE assumes it contains baby K. If that assumption is correct, baby K is no longer in the house with Kelsey.

1:24 - He's back at Kelsey's

3:36 - Neighbor's cam catches him at Kelsey's (leaving???)

If he killed Kelsey between 1:24 and 3:36, he had already taken baby K out of the house. What did he do - bring her back in and put her in the playpen and then killed her mommy?
Yes. He was clearly contacting Kelsey to arrange the pickup of the baby.

He picked her up, and took her to Walmart.

The part that he didn’t tell police, is that he returned to the house with the baby, right after leaving Walmart.

We obviously don’t know if Kelsey was expecting him to return or not, but the surveillance footage from a neighbor’s house, showed that he did.

He must have put the baby in the playpen, then gone about the killing.

I think that 3:36 surveillance image, is him leaving.

What if KK did shoot KB I was just reading that the gun the had in her vehicle was loaded and in a different condition. Line .56

They found melted clumps of plastic, accelerant, could see the darkened area of the burn site but nada on human remains? Nope.
If the trough contents were removed and placed elsewhere, what would be expected to be found on location? I’m curious. Truly. Based on your stats you’ve participated here much more than I have. What am I missing?

I've been following along but have not posted. Something in the back of my mind has been nagging me. Sorry if this has already been addressed , I do skip along sometimes. However, has anyone noticed PF got the custody papers (police found at his home, that weren't filed) in August? This month seems to have been the start of a everything. KB visits the counselor for anxiety/depression. PF tells everyone it's rehab, for alcohol & drugs, which we to know is not true. PF also told the officer who contacted him, CB was known to meet with coworkers after work sometimes, yet PF also claimed her work schedule wasn't as stable as it had been since her rehab stay in August, how they'd grown apart, lived separate lives, and all that. Yet, we know she had her daughter when not working.

I guess what I'm getting at, is imo PF and KB weren't completely broken up. KB probably caught PF seeing KK in August, imo. Since this seems to be when everything started going downhill so fast. The same month PF gets papers he doesn't file for custody. PF and KB start having disagreements over custody. She sees a counselor for something bothering her, murder plots start hatching. All of this, Yet she's still comfortable enough to let him come in and visit? Blindfold her? The neighbor said she thought he lived there, because she always saw his truck. Doesn't sound to me like two people whom had been fighting everyday over custody agreements.

Imo KB found out PF was cheating, again. He had probably been caught before, and with this same diabolical woman KK. KB probably had enough imo, and instead of forgiveness, decided they should completely separate and he lost his mind.

I can't help but wonder, if the unnamed male dna may be from the coworker from work. And PF couldn't handle having done to him what, what he was doing to KB?

Sorry, something just seems to be missing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder