CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, no. these people do not ever consider their plan won't work.

Does a person willing to commit murder, for a reason, think through the possible outcomes, and whether the worst case scenario is somehow better? If PF does nothing, he has to endure a future with at worst, shared custody of his daughter, and perhaps an ongoing turmoil filled relationship with his daughter's mother.

In his mind, it's the best case scenario that appeals the most, and apparently is the one with greatest chance of success. He kills KB, covers it up completely, and is never held accountable. He gets full custody, and maybe/maybe not, continues his relationship with KK.

He completely discounts the worse case outcome of his plan, which is that he spends the remainder of his life in prison, and has ZERO relationship with his daughter, which perhaps appears to have been the reason he wanted to do the crime in the first place.

Kind of like a hail mary pass, that you don't need to throw. If it's caught, you win the game you were already winning, but by a bigger margin. If it's not, you go to jail for the rest of your life, and never see your daughter again.

I just don't understand and it makes me utterly ill. I hope she loses custody of her kids.

It’s just mind blowing to me that a person who has admitted to this evil, remorseless behavior could just be let go. I know it helps the case but immunity? It’s an insult to Kelsey and a new threat on the loose for the rest of us. Society should be outraged with them sending a wolf into the sheep pen. She likes to be a follower, she’ll have a high time in lockup. Where she belongs before her ticket to hell.

Because they did not know her level of involvement until they negotiated a plea. Just as she didn't know how much info they had.

They knew some of it but not the total extent.

IMO it looks like conspiracy to commit murder which appears to be a level 4 felony or 8-24 years.

But they knew she wasn't there when KB was likely murdered. They had enough to charge her with tampering (from my perusal of the timeline) but not enough for accessory, conspiracy, or for homicide charges against PF, until she talked.

But she only talked because they agreed to charge her with tampering and not something more serious.
Exactly. IMO, I believe KK was jealous of beautiful KB and made it known she didn't want competition. I believe PF used her desperation in an attempt to get her to kill KB, who perhaps humiliated him and hurt his ego. Also, in my opinion, PF feared KB dating other men and taking baby K away from him and his mother one day.

KK will never be able to practice nursing again. Her ex-husband has a great reason for sole custody.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. Sam Kraemer said it wouldn't be PF because he lived there. He thought they were referring to KK. But, if they established KK was in Idaho, who is the defendant they are referring to? His tweet here: Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Right. KK was not in CO at that time. That leaves only PF as the defendant May was referring to. It makes sense, as it seems vague as to what time exactly PF showed up at the house.

First off, that’s flawed logic in the first place, any head injury with a bat, will produce copious amounts of blood.

The crime scene had copious amounts of blood, because he bashed her head in with a baseball bat.

That’s what happens.

He played KK and knew she was a fool. He even told her to kill KB with the bar and "Just keep swinging". He egged her on and said, "You're smart and will figure it out".

maybe there were other people at the house after T'day dinner who may have seen something?

Right. KK was not in CO at that time. That leaves only PF as the defendant May was referring to. It makes sense, as it seems vague as to what time exactly PF showed up at the house.

First she lied, then she talked.

She was so torn up about what she had seen, what she had failed to do, and what she covered up, that she was focused on self preservation.

What a wonderful person.

She's never stopped lying. Bank on that.

Liars often talk too much, too. That description of the scene as "horrific" has me bothered. Of course, it was, but not horrific enough to turn right around and go to the police. Its' said she understood that Kelsey was murdered when she got the alleged clean up order. So she knew she was going to a bloody murder scene and made sure she had the proper kit/outfit to do it. I think the "horrific" word - used with the police and repeated by M, was for the purpose of framing Frazee's character. He's so evil he could create this horrific scene - that she drove nearly 800 miles to clean up with all of her garb and cleaning supplies. Like she so shocked when she opens the door. Yeah, riiight. NOT.

SEE IT: Patrick Frazee arrest affidavit shows Idaho nurse Krystal Lee Kenney’s LIES to investigators: ‘No idea’ who Kelsey Berreth is

Ref the attached affidavit #45, KK & CL were divorced in the summer of 2018, still share a house/raise kids.
Ref the attached affidavit #48, CL said KK and PF dated in college and then were involved in a sexual & romantic relationship during at least 2016 & possibly into 2017.

KK and PF were in a long on-again off-again relationship and may have been the cause of her divorce. The only thing left in the way was Kelsey. IMO, KK wanted KB dead and may even have been the first to suggest it. The comment that PF told her she had a mess to clean up -- I believe this may have been "her mess" because it was KK that wanted it done and PF did it -- for her and for himself.

I think KK may have been present during the murder, watching, after Kelsey was blindfolded with the sweater. Entirely possible.

I agree somewhat -- IMO KK was, at minimum, co-conspirator. It was KK that suggested the drugs. KK also bought a baseball bat.
I also think that they could also charge at least four other people with being and accessory, due to their knowledge of PF asking KK to murder Kelsey: MS, JR, PR and MG. Per Wikipedia: An accessory must generally have knowledge that a crime is being committed, will be committed, or has been committed. A person with such knowledge may become an accessory by helping or encouraging the criminal in some way. The assistance to the criminal may be of any type, including emotional or financial assistance as well as physical assistance or concealment.

We still do not know how much SF knew in advance, but it would not surprise me at all if she knew of the plan.

I don't know how long it would take to cool, but it would take a considerable amount of time even if the ashes were hosed down. I had a burn pile smaller than that and it took several hours to cool after I hosed it down for about an hour. Those troughs are much larger.

SF and anyone in the near vicinity would have seen the smoke and the odor had to be noticeably awful -- fuel and oil combined with plastic, flesh and bone. Can't imagine. It wouldn't smell anything like a burning woodpile that's for certain.

I still think it's plausible that KK could have been present in Colorado 11/22 as there are no data that prove otherwise. Per #50 on the affidavit, investigators said they "found no location history for the dates surrounding the murder of Berreth" when they searched KK's Google account. And there's the statement on KOAA that indicates PF rec'd a call back from "the Idaho number" and that it pinged off the tower between WP and Florissant. The only thing I've read that KK was still in Idaho was on 11/23 when she swapped cars with MG and as far as I know there are no witnesses to that.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

"11:34 am
Slater said they found Frazee called his mother around 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 and they determined that the phone pinged off of a tower in Woodland Park, near Berreth’s townhome. Slater then said Frazee called an Idaho number at 4:37 p.m. that pinged off the same tower. Slater said records show he received a call from the same number, that one pinged off of a tower in Divide, located between Woodland Park and the Frazee property in Florissant.
11:34 a.m.

Does a person willing to commit murder, for a reason, think through the possible outcomes, and whether the worst case scenario is somehow better? If PF does nothing, he has to endure a future with at worst, shared custody of his daughter, and perhaps an ongoing turmoil filled relationship with his daughter's mother.

In his mind, it's the best case scenario that appeals the most, and apparently is the one with greatest chance of success. He kills KB, covers it up completely, and is never held accountable. He gets full custody, and maybe/maybe not, continues his relationship with KK.

He completely discounts the worse case outcome of his plan, which is that he spends the remainder of his life in prison, and has ZERO relationship with his daughter, which perhaps appears to have been the reason he wanted to do the crime in the first place.

Kind of like a hail mary pass, that you don't need to throw. If it's caught, you win the game you were already winning, but by a bigger margin. If it's not, you go to jail for the rest of your life, and never see your daughter again.

Nice analysis. Because he is PF with whatever psychological issues he has, he cannot rationally weigh the options. He chooses his “best” option and ignores potential consequences.

If the condo was owned by an LLC controlled by the family, they could authorize a search, I would think.
No...a landlord can not. A roommate can only authorize their space and common spaces in certain situations. LE has to be very careful...even about what us considered in plain sight. They are very limited in cases like KB’s. Very unfortunate that the law causes so much valuable time to pass by. I guess the option if you find yourself in this situation would be to hire a PI who is experienced in “forensic” evidence...experienced eyes to see what is hiding.

Also, KB was very beautiful and independent. Imagine KB dating other men and telling PF and his mother that she wants sole custody and has found another man to marry to be "(step)daddy". Imagine the rage. I bet PF thought about all of this and I believe it was a motive, along with (I believe) humiliation from KB.

SF wasted NO TIME in filing for custody of baby K once PF was arrested.

One other thing from the previous thread. @Dave F. ...I see what you are referencing in the drone video. I see the discolored area of the small coral and the trough in the middle. My first impression was that the discolored area is close to the fence (assuming I am looking at the right area). Wouldn't that mean that a fire of that intensity would char the metal fence close to the discolored area? As for the trough, I would think the same thing. But, they may be non-porous and easily wiped off. I thought of that when the trough was first mentioned. Would LE see a somewhat charred trough?

ETA: at least a padlock on the coral showing burn signs??

Yes. If that fire took place in a metal trough, it would be very charred. Ever leave a pan on the stove and forget about it? No amount of scrubbing ever gets the burn out. Now, think of the temperature of that fire with all of the alleged gasoline added to the wood. And, why would the burned dirt be buy the fence when the fire was allegedly in the trough, a few feet away?

Exactly. IMO, I believe KK was jealous of beautiful KB and made it known she didn't want competition. I believe PF used her desperation in an attempt to get her to kill KB, who perhaps humiliated him and hurt his ego. Also, in my opinion, PF feared KB dating other men and taking baby K away from him and his mother one day.

KK will never be able to practice nursing again. Her ex-husband has a great reason for sole custody.
I think this is PFs exact motive. He didn’t want KB anymore, but he also did not want any other man to have her. It’s all about control for him.

Does KKL remain free? Imo she is almost as guilty as PF. I do think she wanted KB dead. she just couldn't get up the gumption yet to do the deed herself, but she would have eventually imo. She knew KB was going to be murdered somehow. She cleaned the crime scene herself and helped burn evidence! She took KB's phone to Idaho and sent misleading texts and burned KB's phone.
She needs to be held accountable. She is an accomplice and I suspect encouraged her murder. I don't think we know all of her participation. She's had an attorney from the get go and even with that she still looks guilty as heck! imo
KK will remain free until after the trial, and/or when she fulfills the terms of her agreement and goes before the Judge for sentencing of the lesser charge of tampering. All other charges applicable are waived for her cooperation with the prosecution of PF. Sucks but it's the best that DA had to work with.

Also, KK agreement is sealed so we don't know the terms. I don't recall the sentencing range for tampering charge but I think it can be as little as probation.

Also, KK was only arrested once in this case and that was by the Twin Falls PD to obtain a buccal swab. She was not arrested/booked for KB once she began cooperating and negotiated her agreement.

I

I was very clear in my post that I hope that I am proven wrong.

I think that blood splatter on the television, high window, harwood floor seams, are very telling and elementary things to be missed. These things would have warranted the "probable cause" warrant.

MOO
I am afraid when they do a walk through to look for “obvious” indications,of a crime, they aren’t allowed to crawl on the floor with a q-tip and magnifying glass. The minute is not going to be seen in they type of investigation they are allowed to do. I imagine the spatter is very small...not handprints and blood running down the fireplace or tv screen.

Great Post!! Yes I do know what it's like to clean blood up. As I said in a post early this morning I own a cleaning company. I also do construction clean up and 911 cleanup. Dawn and peroxide is the only only way to make sure nothing stains. You cannot get blood out unless you use those two products. KK use the washing machine. With a day and a half of dried blood--- there still will be stains. I have used to bleach recipe, but you risk carpets being bleached out or colored wrong. Also bleach smells for days.
yeah I have to say I am dubious how she could clean up a 30 hour old blood bath in 3-4 hours and leave no obvious traces to the naked eye on first inspection. then go to sonic for a feed.:confused:
I have no doubt she cleaned it up.
but this mess had to be dry and this element gives me food for doubt to time frames.

wonder what LE have on her to 100% be certain she was in IDAHO.
OTHER than the word of friends and family and a phone trail.
its just not enough for certainty for me.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member