CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the fence. Her father says she was in ID. The friend can testify to the date she loaned her vehicle. Cellphone records will be critical as well.

Yet, it does seem like she was there. I wonder if she slipped into the house with the bat while KB was at the grocery store that morning. I've had a weird feeling about that grocery store run from the start - seems like a set up to get her out of the house.

How did the bat get into the house?

If PF tells KB to put a sweater over her eyes to guess the scent of a candle (weird), did he have the bat in his hand when he asked her to do that? Or did he tell her to sit there with a sweater on her head while he somehow got the bat? Or...was she blindfolded by one of them while the other fetched the bat?

The store, the bat, the sweater, the candle....it's all weird. Something is still missing from the story, imo. Is that missing piece KK? IDK.

jmo
I don’t believe her alibis are worthy as proof.

I am just not believing that KKL wasn’t in Colorado on Thanksgiving. And SF knows it. I really think KKL did the killing, or they both did it. I don’t believe her story at all.

That would explain SF taking the 5th.

However, if KK’s story falls apart, how would that affect PF’s trial?

Last edited:
i was thinking the same. for instance the 2 where out late the night of 11/21-11/22 supposedly to "check on cattle" i read. the farm would seem to me to be a better location. all i can think of is something happened to prevent an attempt there, so then the 2 were at his farm later and she was making trips to get medicine, could have been another opportunity blown. so all i can think of is the condo was a easy kill zone, KB was captive there, he was really angry about not getting it done and blew up. just my opinions.

This does remind me of something from a special I watched (discussed in other threads) about Hitmen for Hire on the Dark Web. If there’s one thing I learned from that show it’s how DESPERATE these clients were for the job to get done. They would call the hitman repeatedly, “Is it done yet? Is it done yet? I need this done now! What’s the delay?!”

—-
ETA: KLK could’ve reported the solicitations and offered to wear a wire. We’ve see this on TV a lot.

No doubt IMO KLK wanted KB dead too.

Last edited:
I am on the fence. Her father says she was in ID. The friend can testify to the date she loaned her vehicle. Cellphone records will be critical as well.

Yet, it does seem like she was there. I wonder if she slipped into the house with the bat while KB was at the grocery store that morning. I've had a weird feeling about that grocery store run from the start - seems like a set up to get her out of the house.

How did the bat get into the house?

If PF tells KB to put a sweater over her eyes to guess the scent of a candle (weird), did he have the bat in his hand when he asked her to do that? Or did he tell her to sit there with a sweater on her head while he somehow got the bat? Or...was she blindfolded by one of them while the other fetched the bat?

The store, the bat, the sweater, the candle....it's all weird. Something is still missing from the story, imo. Is that missing piece KK? IDK.

jmo
para 50 of the Affidavit - they got a warrant for her gmail account - dates surrounding the murder had NO location data. HMMMM

IMO KB died when LE believes. Remember, KB's phone travels with PF's to his home that Thanksgiving evening. Then he makes calls to her phone, both phones together pinging in Florissant, tower sector facing Fraser's residence. Yet PF said he wasn't with KB Thanksgiving night because he hasn't seen her since the last time he was at her home at the baby exchange in an alley...which we know isn't true.

Plus his Mommy dearest who can put a nail in this plead the 5th. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the actual trial.
Yes, I would think the fact that the phones were "travelling" together, or pinged in the same location on the days following Thanksgiving would be enough to convince a jury. CB tried to call Kelsey, and could not get through because PF had her phone.
There was no evidence of any communication on her phone after the 22nd, except that which was initiated by PF.
Sounds convincing enough for me. Imo

Wonder if beating her in her own home was part of the thrill? She bought the townhome in May IIRC. Continued punishment - desecrate the house she lived in with her baby and presumably loved?? Why else? JMO
I wonder why they didn't do anything with her car. You'd think if her car were gone, it would be easier for people to assume she did indeed either take off or harm herself.

Killing her in such a horrific way in her home would only lead LE to look at them....it is an odd choice.

In the beginning, I thought it might have been a murder done as a result of an argument gone violent. That was bad enough. But to have plotted to kill her in her own home over and over again is really hard to absorb.

jmo

Here’s another thing I don’t get with these dumbasses: Since this was obviously premeditated, why did PF do this in the house, and in that manner, where there would be so much blood evidence? I mean, there are a million other places and ways he could have done this which would potentially bode better for him, evidence wise.

IMO PF enjoyed the sick game and brutality, he was obsessed with this “beating” thing considering the second and third solications.

Those poor animals in his care.

I agree. I think he may have gotten impatient and put the plan in motion hastily because he was tired of trying to get KK to do it, but two of KK's previous attempts involved blunt force, once with a pipe and once with a bat.

I originally thought he'd try to get KK to use nursing skills - drugs, very little mess to clean up.

But it also makes no sense that she was out checking on his cows the night before - he could have killed her then and disposed of her remains the same way. Far less risk of being seen or leaving evidence that would get found.

Unless that's what he intended to do and he lost his nerve and that's what it really came down to: he wanted KB dead but he didn't have the nerve to actually do it himself.

I would like to know if KK ever once said to him "why don't you kill her yourself?" to PF, and if so, I'd like to know what his answer was.

And this was days after the murder IIRC - doesn't blood turn a darker color over time? I've cut my foot and missed droplets on my tile - it looks like dirt after a few days IMO. Not making excuses but just wondering what it looked like after all that time? maybe I will google this and see
My story is gonna be gross. I had a kid with a nosebleed in my car. I also had a storage bin with an extra coat on that side. We're talking OH after all. I did not check in the bin for days. Sure enough when I did there were blood clumps that didn't soak into my jacket in that bin...just dried clumps. Some things might be easier to clean up when they're NOT wet. Maybe?

My hope (wishful thinking?) is that it was a quick blow and she died quickly in the living room. But the blood spattered from the violent blow and also spilled a lot from her wounds, which accounts for the blood in the living room. The blood in the bathroom, I'm hoping is because PF went into the bathroom to clean himself up and he didn't bother being careful since KK would clean it up. The footprints were because he walked around in the mess. The blood in the kitchen is because he went in the kitchen/fridge for food for himself or baby.

I really do hope it was quick. A messy quick, but quick. Hope.

jmo
I thought they said the murder "happened" in the back bedroom/office that was upstairs. If so, I'm sorry to say but I believe she was struck up there first, that's probably where the sick "candle guessing game" started. It hurts to write this but I think she ran around that condo from room to room trying to escape, while receiving multiple blows. I actually had nightmares about this the night before last. I cannot imagine putting that blind fold on, playing a game, then WHAM... Sorry to be so graphic. IMHO

Hmmmm is right!

jmo
How do I find my location history in Gmail?
How to view your location history in Google Maps
  1. Launch Google Maps.
  2. Tap the more button (three horizontal lines) on the top left corner.
  3. Tap your timeline.
  4. Tap the calendar icon to view a particular day.
  5. Swipe left or right to switch months.
  6. Tap a date to view your location history.
so did KK erase those two days? from para 50 Affidavit - no location data in her gmail for the days surrounding the murder

How do I find my location history in Gmail?
How to view your location history in Google Maps
  1. Launch Google Maps.
  2. Tap the more button (three horizontal lines) on the top left corner.
  3. Tap your timeline.
  4. Tap the calendar icon to view a particular day.
  5. Swipe left or right to switch months.
  6. Tap a date to view your location history.
so did KK erase those two days? from para 50 Affidavit - no location data in her gmail for the days surrounding the murder
Could she have removed the battery for those days and used the burner phone? IDK, just making guesses.

jmo

I agree. I think he may have gotten impatient and put the plan in motion hastily because he was tired of trying to get KK to do it, but two of KK's previous attempts involved blunt force, once with a pipe and once with a bat.

I originally thought he'd try to get KK to use nursing skills - drugs, very little mess to clean up.

But it also makes no sense that she was out checking on his cows the night before - he could have killed her then and disposed of her remains the same way. Far less risk of being seen or leaving evidence that would get found.

Unless that's what he intended to do and he lost his nerve and that's what it really came down to: he wanted KB dead but he didn't have the nerve to actually do it himself.

I would like to know if KK ever once said to him "why don't you kill her yourself?" to PF, and if so, I'd like to know what his answer was.
He needed to be sure he had an alibi is my guess.

Another thing, how would it not occur to KLK that if this guy wants KB beat to death with a bat or rod that he just might do the same thing to her one day if they’re together? Meaning why would she want to be with someone like this.

But the above (fear) is exactly part of her defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member