CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #45*ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the description, I envision to black tote to be similar to this Northern Tool Model from Harbor Freight:
Secure tools or paperwork in this roomy JTT storage trunk. Features all-weather construction and is fitted with heavy-duty hardware and a reinforced padlock hole for security. Made of 100 recycled plastic. U.S.A. Oversize shipping charge applies. Material 100 recycled plastic, Lock Type Padlock hole padlock not included, Includes Interior hanging file folder slots, Handles qty. 2, Handle Type Molded handles, Handle Included Yes, Color Black, Dimensions L x W x H in. 32 1/2 x 15 3/4 x 13 3/4, Product Type Trunk. All-weather construction Heavy-duty hardware Reinforced padlock hole Large molded handles for easy carrying Interior hanging file folder slots Solid steel hinge rod Meets airline requirements 100 recycled plastic Model Number: 2820-20P
IMO

Exactly what I pictured, Dave.

I think this was his way of getting rid of the both of them, to be honest. He tried to get Krystal to kill Kelsey three times- he wanted Krystal's DNA there. I bet Krystal wasn't in full Hazmat gear when she was bringing coffee or the rod or bat. With Kelsey being deceased and Krystal in jail, he would be free again, with custody of Baby K.

If PF was sleeping with KK in KB's townhouse during times KB was out of town, her DNA was already in there. I think both of them are equally diabolical and there is a whole lot more we are going to find out.

JMO

Thank you! I must have completely mistaken what I read.
She was divorced in 2016? Who was she married to? Was she married to someone else and having an affair from 2010 - 2016, and he's the man in the affair?
KB - Victim
K - Daughter of KB and PF
PF - KB's fiance' and murderer
KK or KL or KKL - PF's side piece 2016-2017 and accomplice
CL - KK's ex-husband as of 2016 (per court records) 2018 (per arrest affidavit), were married 8 years.
CB - KB's mother
SF - PF's mother
CB2 - KB's brother
SF2 - PF's brother

Wait a dang min!
This has to be wrong!
Right?
Did she clean up with the body still there???

"The arrest warrant states that Frazee and Kenney together drove Berreth’s body to Frazee’s Nash Ranch in Fremont County, where they placed it, reportedly stuffed in a black bag, in a barn atop haystacks. Later, they retrieved the remains"
Investigators depict gruesome murder scene with new details in Berreth murder case

Moo

No, he drove it to Nash Ranch on Thankgsgiving afternoon, by himself in his red 2008 Totota pickup. They went to pick it back up on the 24th. He drove his little ancient Toyota pickup with the shell on the bed. She drove the borrowed car with expired plates. IMO

No. LE has already recovered burned plastic blobs with evidence of an accelerant from the burn site.

I believe LE is looking for small charred bone material

I just happened to think that finding more of the black plastic blobs in the landfill will be a clue to look for nearby bits of bone that might not be noticed otherwise.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
This is exactly what the Narcissist does. Suggests something as a test to see how you react. Then suggests something else to keep testing how far you will go. When you agree to a behaviour, a thought, a plan then the next one will go a little farther.

Kinda the frog in a pot won’t jump until it’s too late

I think that sounds very reasonable.

Wait a dang min!
This has to be wrong!
Right?
Did she clean up with the body still there???

"The arrest warrant states that Frazee and Kenney together drove Berreth’s body to Frazee’s Nash Ranch in Fremont County, where they placed it, reportedly stuffed in a black bag, in a barn atop haystacks. Later, they retrieved the remains"
Investigators depict gruesome murder scene with new details in Berreth murder case

Moo
I don’t think it’s been reported where the body was located after the murder, other than it was removed in a black tote. Where it was between the 22nd and the 24th when KK arrived, I don’t believe we know.

ETA. According to the AA, it was moved to the Nash ranch before she’d arrived.

Attachments

• D81F8E82-3F27-4866-BCB9-21C2654A768C.jpeg
    D81F8E82-3F27-4866-BCB9-21C2654A768C.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
We think they burned it where the dark black ring appears in the lower corral, quite a ways below the front porch of the house, beyond the dug up sewer area. The second photo is a Google Earth screenshot from quite a while ago, showing the tank in the positionj of the dark ring. IMO

Attachments

• Oct 14, 2017.jpg
    Oct 14, 2017.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20190220-184939_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190220-184939_Chrome.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 73
BBM
I think there is a misunderstanding, I do not believe KB ever lied, but I believe PF told many lies!

Called him out on his lies. I don't think she called him out on his lies, but I do think that when she bought the condo, his plans to take his daughter became more complicated. She had no reason to lie.

Has anyone tried to understand or speculated if what we think we know happened if KKL actually did what she said she did? If it's true, I cannot figure out what was in it for her. I have a few ideas but none of these would even make me get out of bed to put my shoes on let alone drive hundreds of miles several times for someone I didn't really even have a "real" relationship with to clean up a murder mess.

What would do it for her? What was her investment?

Guy from back in the day "hot" rodeo guy says he can't stop thinking about her. (Meanwhile he has a girlfriend he moved across the country likely by the same manipulative tactics and has a toddler with her.)
I think we are all struggling with this one.
Guy who she considers a friend, a past love interest and possible future with calls and starts a conversation with a girl he has learned of her weaknesses in the past, and starts grooming her with charm that perhaps she was the one after all? She is in a stagnant place in her relationship and welcomes the attention. (That quiet horse life set in and suddenly a husband and kids with a mortgage payment in the same small town you grew up in isn't what you thought it was. PF secretly calls while she's on her way home from work and get's her all riled up about the what if.) Husband has no idea. Or he does, but they don't acknowledge it.

She can move to the ranch, bring her kids, after all it's "his" ranch. If only she can prove she really loves him. There's just one problem.......

Really low self esteem because hers came from her success as a big fish in a small sea back in the day in high school, and her rodeo achievements.

Just pure hate for the competition. Or did she even know but then when she found out she got pissed and signed up? Some kind of promise about the future? Together?

Sex life? (Morbidly wonder if this bonding moment turned PF or them on where they were intimate before she went home after burning what she knows to be KB's remains.) Did they get off on laughing about and discussing this? Or just one of them did? Sorry I know it's sick but I have to believe KKL spent the night after THAT day. And they don't see each other that often.

Or did he completely use her as narcissists do and before she knew it she was in over her head and panicked? You would think there would be blinking red lights, huge flags, slaps in the face, with sirens and horns but sometimes the grooming and manipulation is beyond what we can see.

All of the above? Some of the above? None? PF doesn't strike me as being a ladies man and not even good looking or charming off the bat.

Hard to understand, just wondering what other sleuthers think if you were in her shoes. What on earth could have made her do this as a human, a woman, a mother, a girlfriend? Really struggling with it. Would like to hear others idea of what would encourage this type of insane behavior.

I personally would have called LE if I heard this idea from ANYONE more than a very small joke or passing small conversation people have about their ex. Actual directions or plans, burner phones, sitting in someone's driveway, plane tickets, rental/borrow cars, driving hundreds of miles, bringing bleach and hazmat suit, leaving keys, metal rods, how-to's? WTH

This is speculation and I'm not qualified to diagnose anyone. MOO, MOS, JMO
I think we are all struggling to understand that. Not only did she have to drive 800 or so miles (~12 hours) only to spend another 3 hours cleaning up a gruesome mess, she had to borrow a car (with expired tags!!), lie to her ex, leave her kids (presumably with their dad/grandma), meet with PF, witness the burning, get the phone/keys, before turning around and driving another 12 hours, and meet her friend to exchange cars again... What would cause a woman to do all of that? Did she ever think about how much trouble she would be in once LE caught up with her?

IMO from what I've read so far in relation to KJK, she is exhibiting all the classic symptoms of a Cassandra complex:
Foretelling to her friends prior to the crime and then leaving 'hints' for LE to solve the matter that she was unable to address herself.

'Beware Greeks who come bearing gifts' is attributed to have been said by Cassandra. In our case this plays out with KJK offering up the poisoned cup of coffee to KB as a gift. In our case KJK didn't carry through with the poison bit. Note: Cassandra can say these things in a Greek tragedy, but not carry through. She foretells, doesn't act.

The classics aside, imo women with Cassandra syndrome are attracted to narcissistic men in order to fulfil the curse that no-one would believe them of their situation. It's a form of projecting blame onto an other; abrograting responsibility for one's actions.
The syndrome is accepted in courts as a legitimate 'excuse'.

The myth of Cassandra

No, he drove it to Nash Ranch on Thankgsgiving afternoon, by himself in his red 2008 Totota pickup. They went to pick it back up on the 24th. He drove his little ancient Toyota pickup with the shell on the bed. She drove the borrowed car with expired plates. IMO
Hmmm... doesn’t look like an ancient truck to me...

kelsey-berreth-miising_AC20568x.jpg

From the description, I envision to black tote to be similar to this Northern Tool Model from Harbor Freight:
Secure tools or paperwork in this roomy JTT storage trunk. Features all-weather construction and is fitted with heavy-duty hardware and a reinforced padlock hole for security. Made of 100 recycled plastic. U.S.A. Oversize shipping charge applies. Material 100 recycled plastic, Lock Type Padlock hole padlock not included, Includes Interior hanging file folder slots, Handles qty. 2, Handle Type Molded handles, Handle Included Yes, Color Black, Dimensions L x W x H in. 32 1/2 x 15 3/4 x 13 3/4, Product Type Trunk. All-weather construction Heavy-duty hardware Reinforced padlock hole Large molded handles for easy carrying Interior hanging file folder slots Solid steel hinge rod Meets airline requirements 100 recycled plastic Model Number: 2820-20P
IMO
Thanks for this Dave...while I realize this is what they mean, every time someone uses the word tote...I am seeing a shopping bag.

Inspector Slater of the CBI identified the black tote in the bed of PF's red Toyota truck, when he went through the Ent Drive Thru Credit Union machines to withdraw some cash, early in the afternoon. It helped establish their theory that he picked up the baby, went to WalMart with the baby, returned to KB's condo and killed her, then removed the body. They have tracked his phone and KB's phone together moving to a point west of Cripple Creek where cell service coverage ceases. That service void includes the Nash ranch, where KKL directed law officers to the haystack where she watched him retrieve the tote. IMO

Last edited:
KB - Victim
K - Daughter of KB and PF
PF - KB's fiance' and murderer
KK or KL or KKL - PF's side piece 2016-2017 and accomplice
CL - KK's ex-husband as of 2016 (per court records) 2018 (per arrest affidavit), were married 8 years.
CB - KB's mother
SF - PF's mother
CB2 - KB's brother
SF2 - PF's brother
There is NOTHING like some Pommy CliffsNotes

JMO
I think back to when KB first went missing and not only was both PF and SF silent and no help in helping to find KB's whereabouts but when CB was asked in an interview if she had gotten to see her grandchild she said no. This was all while she was looking for KB.

Nothing but silence from the F camp.

Then on the day of PF arrest it sure looked like he was attempting to flee the home with help.

Then when CB finally tried to get temporary custody we see immediate counter actions from the F camp to try to get their own custody.

Then during a hearing we hear how KK said that SF saw the fire that PF and KK were doing to burn KB's body.

I dont trust any of them. And I think we are lucky the baby is safe right now. And I hope CB has good security to keep the baby safe.

Agreed. Good synopsis.

I don’t think it’s been reported where the body was located after the murder, other than it was removed in a black tote. Where it was between the 22nd and the 24th when KK arrived, I don’t believe we know.

Nov 22nd
  • PF originally, took KB’s body from her residence, and stored it in a black plastic tote with silver handles at the Nash Ranch on the 22nd of November. The tote was stored in a barn on top of a hay stack at the ranch, and PF used a tractor to put the tote up high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR