CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article provides a great deal of detail as to the teller’s testimony. Absolutely damning stuff.

Bank manager: Patrick Frazee asked for surveillance video of himself from day Kelsey Berreth was last seen

Multiple witnesses testified about the days after Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth disappeared during day 2 of the trial for the man accused of killing her.

“Mr. Frazee asked me if I could get those things for him and I said I could, he said he was needing to have a timeline for that time because he and his fiance had broken up the day before, he was getting together with her to see about custody for their child, and he needed to set a timeline for where he was the day before,” Key said on the witness stand, adding that Frazee told her his fiancee had gone missing.

I said ‘if you don’t know when she went missing, how will this timeline help you?’” Key said. “He said ‘well, exactly.”

A few other parts of the conversation stuck out to her.

“What he said was ‘all I know was that after she was seen at Safeway, she’s talked to her mother on Sunday, and no one’s seen her since,’” Key said. “So I stopped the conversation and said ‘if she talked to her mother after Thanksgiving, then she wasn’t missing on Thanksgiving. It was very peculiar to me.

“He was very abrupt and said ‘she didn’t talk to her mother on the Sunday after Thanksgiving’ and I was thinking ‘you just said that,” Key said. “It was just a very strange interaction there.”

Bank manager: Patrick Frazee asked for surveillance video of himself from day Kelsey Berreth was last seen

Oh boy. From your article

“When he came in, he seemed very nervous, and kind of sketchy, paranoid and was looking around a lot,” Felis said. “One of the first things he told me, one of the first things he said to me was ‘don’t believe what they’re saying about me.’ I said ‘I don’t know who you are, I treat all my customers the same.’”

LOL

And meanwhile at the Verizon store:

Felis said Frazee seemed “particularly concerned” about the security of his cellphone account, and asked if it was possible to gather information from a phone that was destroyed. Felis said Frazee kept asking about the “other phone on his account” and tried to change the PIN on that device so he could access its data.

“That rang every alarm in my head,” Felis said. “After he asked that question I excused myself to the restroom and looked up the last news report with his name.”

Wow

Last edited:
Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley
Bank Teller testifies #PatrickFrazee asked for surveillance footage of him going through the ATM on Thanksgiving Day. He needed a timeline for what could be a custody problem, then mixes up dates betw when #KelseyBerreth went missing and the last day she spoke with her mom.

2:10 PM - 4 Nov 2019

ETA: I still can't believe PF couched this as a "custody" inquiry. :eek:
By then he must have figured out the camera problem ? IMO

Well... I’m a big dummy lol
I just figured out where in the world all the KB thread went! Here I was thinking, are we seriously NOT gonna talk about the trial? Lol

Anyway... thank you fine folks for updating all the important information! WOW is about all I can say so far!! Also, I think maybe PF didn’t realize the neighbor’s camera until it was too late. Are we surprised by this? He’s such an idiot! I can feel the wheels of justice turning for Kelsey, and it feels great!!! MOO

Frazee trial: Witnesses explain suspicions after woman disappears

Nov 4, 2019 / Update 4:12 pm

[...]

Investigators, bank manager interviewed after lunch

After lunch, the state called several officers who investigated the case, as well as a credit union manager who had what she called a suspicious interaction with Frazee after Berreth went missing.

Woodland Park Police Sgt. Andrew Leibbrand, who was one of the first people to go to Berreth’s townhome after she was reporting missing, talked about how he used a lock bypass tool to open the front door to her home and said he did not notice any signs of a struggle, though investigators were not looking for that at that point, he said.

Stiegerwald asked about the initial search of her home, who was present, and what investigators saw inside. Leibbrand said that investigators were inside for about five minutes and that they did not go through everything. He also discussed both with prosecutors and the defense the search of the Frazee ranch as both sides worked to establish timelines for the searches and what investigators knew.

Woodland Park Police Detective Michael McDaniel was asked by prosecutors about the many photos taken during warrant services on Berreth’s townhome and vehicle. May said that the photos showed that the vehicles at Berreth’s home hadn’t moved since it last snowed, which he said was significant to note because someone who was missing would not have taken their own vehicle.

READ MORE: All Denver7 coverage on the killing of Kelsey Berreth, trial of Patrick Frazee

McDaniel pointed out that a photo taken Dec. 3 showed a box of trash bags in a closet and talked about other things – like a heated candle and cinnamon rolls sitting out – that made him suspicious. He was asked by the defense about his process for disappearances and ran through a mental checklist.

Upon cross-examination, McDaniel said officers were at Berreth’s townhome on Dec. 3, 4 and 6 and told Stiegerwald that a cadaver dog hit on the bumper of Berreth’s car.

When prosecutors got to redirect questioning of McDaniel, he testified that when officers see no sign of a break-in at a home, they typically turn their focus on someone known to the victim or missing person. He also said that investigators did not know for sure that Berreth’s home was an alleged murder scene until Dec. 21, which he said was why the scene was so different between the early investigation and later facets of it.

[...]

The court went into recess just after 3 p.m.

Live tweeting and live reporting are not allowed in the courtroom, per a court decorum. The trial is expected to last three weeks.

Cellphone data placing Frazee and Kenney at what prosecutors said was the scene of the crime has been key evidence for the District Attorney Office — which makes the testimony of a Verizon Store employee about an interaction with Frazee before his arrest possibly significant.

David Felis said Frazee came to the Woodland Park Verizon Store on Dec. 11, 2018 with his one-year-old daughter.

“When he came in, he seemed very nervous, and kind of sketchy, paranoid and was looking around a lot,” Felis said. “One of the first things he told me, one of the first things he said to me was ‘don’t believe what they’re saying about me.’ I said ‘I don’t know who you are, I treat all my customers the same.’”

Felis said Frazee seemed “particularly concerned” about the security of his cellphone account, and asked if it was possible to gather information from a phone that was destroyed. Felis said Frazee kept asking about the “other phone on his account” and tried to change the PIN on that device so he could access its data.

“That rang every alarm in my head,” Felis said. “After he asked that question I excused myself to the restroom and looked up the last news report with his name.”

Well... I’m a big dummy lol
I just figured out where in the world all the KB thread went! Here I was thinking, are we seriously NOT gonna talk about the trial? Lol

Anyway... thank you fine folks for updating all the important information! WOW is about all I can say so far!! Also, I think maybe PF didn’t realize the neighbor’s camera until it was too late. Are we surprised by this? He’s such an idiot! I can feel the wheels of justice turning for Kelsey, and it feels great!!! MOO
CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*
The media thread is being updated thanks to our multi- tasking @PommyMommy

The final witness of the day was Fourth Judicial District Attorney’s Office Investigator Chad Mininger. He testified about extracting surveillance photos from Kelsey Berreth’s neighbor’s phone.

On Nov. 21, 2018, the camera was only triggered four times. On Nov. 23, it was triggered three times. But on Nov. 22 - the last day Kelsey Berreth was seen alive — it was triggered 27 times, according to Mininger. Frazee is seen in 11 of the surveillance photos — including as late as 4:30 p.m. (are some of those KK?)

He had previously said he didn’t into Berreth’s house that day, and just exchanged the child. In the surveillance photos, Frazee isn’t seen carrying anything out of the home except for the baby, and there aren’t noticeable stains on his clothes. His back was often to the camera.

Frazee trial: Witnesses explain suspicions after woman disappears
Updated: 7:12 PM, Nov 04, 2019
By: Stephanie Butzer | Denver7 and Sam Kraemer | KOAA

When asked about their finances, Cheryl said she was under the impression that it was cheaper for Kelsey to live in Woodland Park and Frazee to rent the apartment than for him to travel to see her in Washington. Declining cattle prices were to blame, she said.Knowing the couple had this hardship, Cheryl told Kelsey she would help them buy a ranch, but Frazee worried about family perception if he couldn’t make a payment. .....

Kelsey had told him during a conversation on Oct. 31, 2018 that Erin Frazee, Patrick Frazee’s sister, had a lawyer that had contacted her looking for dirt on Patrick. From what Kelsey had told him, Clint said he understood there was a fight over Frazee’s father’s assets. Their father had died around that time. ...

Clint told the court that her laundry hadn’t been done and her dirty work uniforms were still on the floor, which was unusual for her. .....

On Dec. 6, Clint was using the restroom in Kelsey's condo when he noticed blood under the bowl of the toilet. He told his mother and the police. After this, police asked them to leave the condo, Clint said. They were not allowed back in. ....

The third witness prosecutors called to the stand Monday was Angela Gerber, an elderly woman who lived next door to Kelsey. Their condos share a wall.

Gerber said she met her on the day Kelsey moved in. At one point, she gave Kelsey a baby gate. .....

The next text from Kelsey — which was received at 5:06 p.m. on Nov. 25 — also lacked exclamation points or smiley faces. It read, “Hi Ray, sorry for the late notice but I won’t be able to make it in this week. I need to go see my grandma who is sick...”.....

In the recorded call, Frazee told Currin he was going to give her space for her to figure out what she wanted to do, and if she wanted to find a place in Washington, Idaho or Pueblo. During the call, he mentioned that Kelsey had been to rehab for depression and alcohol abuse. After trying Kelsey’s phone again, Currin called Doss Aviation, where she learned that Kelsey had said via text that she would be out for the week to see her grandmother. ...

When prosecutors got to redirect questioning of McDaniel, he testified that when officers see no sign of a break-in at a home, they typically turn their focus on someone known to the victim or missing person. He also said that investigators did not know for sure that Berreth’s home was an alleged murder scene until Dec. 21, which he said was why the scene was so different between the early investigation and later facets of it.....

Key said that the last transaction on Berreth’s account was at Safeway on Nov. 22 and that Woodland Park police had contacted her to investigate the accounts. She said that Frazee also came into the credit union on Dec. 5 and asked if she could give him surveillance photos of him visiting the ATM on Nov. 22. Key testified that Frazee had told her he needed a timeline of his events on Nov. 22 because his fiancée had broken up with him the day before and they were going to discuss the custody of their child. She said she found that to be weird and asked Frazee how video could help him if police didn’t know when Berreth went missing. She gave him a surveillance still showing his vehicle and noted in court that Frazee didn’t ask for any further transaction history, photos or video beyond Nov. 22.

Seriously did he not remember all his in and out visits that day? Yet he had his buddy pick up a package so he wasn’t seen on camera ?? Can he be the dumbest criminal ever?? I believe yes he can IMO
ETA I’m referring to the tweet upthread about the 11 times PF is on camera that day
I just can't believe he knew there was a camera pointing right towards the door while he went back and forth so many times.
I mean, I realize he is dumb but is he really that stupid?
I wonder if his buddy figured it out sometime after the 22nd when he warned PF about being seen at the door.
Not that it would have mattered at that point.

Imo

I just can't believe he knew there was a camera pointing right towards the door while he went back and forth so many times.
I mean, I realize he is dumb but is he really that stupid?
I wonder if his buddy figured it out sometime after the 22nd when he warned PF about being seen at the door.
Not that it would have mattered at that point.

Imo
Why yes, yes he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members