CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article provides a great deal of detail as to the teller’s testimony. Absolutely damning stuff.

Bank manager: Patrick Frazee asked for surveillance video of himself from day Kelsey Berreth was last seen

Multiple witnesses testified about the days after Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth disappeared during day 2 of the trial for the man accused of killing her.

“Mr. Frazee asked me if I could get those things for him and I said I could, he said he was needing to have a timeline for that time because he and his fiance had broken up the day before, he was getting together with her to see about custody for their child, and he needed to set a timeline for where he was the day before,” Key said on the witness stand, adding that Frazee told her his fiancee had gone missing.

I said ‘if you don’t know when she went missing, how will this timeline help you?’” Key said. “He said ‘well, exactly.”

A few other parts of the conversation stuck out to her.

“What he said was ‘all I know was that after she was seen at Safeway, she’s talked to her mother on Sunday, and no one’s seen her since,’” Key said. “So I stopped the conversation and said ‘if she talked to her mother after Thanksgiving, then she wasn’t missing on Thanksgiving. It was very peculiar to me.

“He was very abrupt and said ‘she didn’t talk to her mother on the Sunday after Thanksgiving’ and I was thinking ‘you just said that,” Key said. “It was just a very strange interaction there.”

Bank manager: Patrick Frazee asked for surveillance video of himself from day Kelsey Berreth was last seen
Well, exactly.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Officially called a "Celebrite Forensic Expert". He is a digital analysis...The prosecution is saying #PatrickFrazee thought of everything...but overlooked the technical stuff like cellphones and home surveillance. Defense- there's no blood on his clothes in the pix.
5:16 PM - 4 Nov 2019
Ha! “There’s no blood on his clothes in the pictures.”

Nice save defense. I’m sure that a guy who committed premeditated murder, wouldn’t have brought a change of clothes or anything.

Officially called a "Celebrite Forensic Expert". He is a digital analysis...The prosecution is saying #PatrickFrazee thought of everything...but overlooked the technical stuff like cellphones and home surveillance. Defense- there's no blood on his clothes in the pix.
Have to wonder if on KK's previous 3 visits , had she left cover up contaminate clothes with PF?

Frazee trial: Witnesses explain suspicions after woman disappears

Nov 4, 2019
Updated: 5:09 PM, Nov 04, 2019

Frazee was paranoid, visibly shaken during visit to Verizon store, according to employee

After recess, the state called David Felis — an employee who works for the Woodland Park Verizon store — to the stand.

Reed asked him about a specific date in December — Tuesday, Dec. 11. Felis tells Reed he was aware of the case through local news articles, but mentioned he didn't know Frazee visited the store on Dec. 4. He said Frazee came to the store in the late afternoon/early evening on Dec. 11 and had Kaylee with him.

[...]

During his visit to the Verizon store, Felis said Frazee was concerned about people having access to his phone account, and asked whether someone could still get information from a destroyed cell phone in the account. This line of questioning raised red flags for Felis.

Frazee, who was concerned because he wanted to change the PIN code to his cell phone account, never told Felis what happened to the other phone. Felis then explained to Frazee he had to contact Verizon corporate as he wasn't allowed to go into an account without the PIN code.

When Felis notified Frazee of this, he says Frazee became visibly shaken, upset and nervous over having to contact corporate to make the PIN code change. Ultimately, Felis said, corporate could not help either.

Frazee told Felis the purpose of trying to get access to the account was for security purposes as well as to see if he could get information off the destroyed device.

[...]

During cross-examination, Porter, one of Frazee's attorneys, asked for clarity on the timeline of events.

Felis said he thought he either sent the email to police the night Frazee came to the store or the next day. He further clarified Frazee was in the store around 4 p.m. and that the email to police was sent at around 6:30 p.m. that day. The next day, Felis interviewed with a DA's office investigator.

ETA: PF inquiry about destroyed phone is likely KB's phone which was on his phone plan. MOO

Using the term "thought of everything" lightly!

Realizing you'll be bloody and need a change of clothes after beating someone's head in doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I just can't believe he knew there was a camera pointing right towards the door while he went back and forth so many times.
I mean, I realize he is dumb but is he really that stupid?
I wonder if his buddy figured it out sometime after the 22nd when he warned PF about being seen at the door.
Not that it would have mattered at that point.

Imo
Yes and that’s why I think he may have Confided in him about what he had done and was told by his buddy “you better get video” hence the trip to the credit union and the buddy picking up the package - I don’t think he knew on that day about the cameras and if there is a photo of him bringing something out of the condo (either a tote or rug rolled up or sheet) well I would think they may not have needed KK as much so I’m guessing that may not be captured IMO

Frazee trial: Witnesses explain suspicions after woman disappears

Nov 4, 2019
Updated: 5:09 PM, Nov 04, 2019

Frazee was paranoid, visibly shaken during visit to Verizon store, according to employee

After recess, the state called David Felis — an employee who works for the Woodland Park Verizon store — to the stand.

Reed asked him about a specific date in December — Tuesday, Dec. 11. Felis tells Reed he was aware of the case through local news articles, but mentioned he didn't know Frazee visited the store on Dec. 4. He said Frazee came to the store in the late afternoon/early evening on Dec. 11 and had Kaylee with him.

[...]

During his visit to the Verizon store, Felis said Frazee was concerned about people having access to his phone account, and asked whether someone could still get information from a destroyed cell phone in the account.
This line of questioning raised red flags for Felis.

Frazee, who was concerned because he wanted to change the PIN code to his cell phone account, never told Felis what happened to the other phone. Felis then explained to Frazee he had to contact Verizon corporate as he wasn't allowed to go into an account without the PIN code.

When Felis notified Frazee of this, he says Frazee became visibly shaken, upset and nervous over having to contact corporate to make the PIN code change. Ultimately, Felis said, corporate could not help either.

Frazee told Felis the purpose of trying to get access to the account was for security purposes as well as to see if he could get information off the destroyed device.

[...]

During cross-examination, Porter, one of Frazee's attorneys, asked for clarity on the timeline of events.

Felis said he thought he either sent the email to police the night Frazee came to the store or the next day. He further clarified Frazee was in the store around 4 p.m. and that the email to police was sent at around 6:30 p.m. that day. The next day, Felis interviewed with a DA's office investigator.

ETA: PF inquiry about destroyed phone is likely KB's phone which was on his phone plan. MOO

My god, he really is an idiot.

Not that I had any doubt.

This article provides a great deal of detail as to the teller’s testimony. Absolutely damning stuff.

Multiple witnesses testified about the days after Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth disappeared during day 2 of the trial for the man accused of killing her.

“Mr. Frazee asked me if I could get those things for him and I said I could, he said he was needing to have a timeline for that time because he and his fiance had broken up the day before, he was getting together with her to see about custody for their child, and he needed to set a timeline for where he was the day before,” Key said on the witness stand, adding that Frazee told her his fiancee had gone missing.

I said ‘if you don’t know when she went missing, how will this timeline help you?’” Key said. “He said ‘well, exactly.”

A few other parts of the conversation stuck out to her.

“What he said was ‘all I know was that after she was seen at Safeway, she’s talked to her mother on Sunday, and no one’s seen her since,’” Key said. “So I stopped the conversation and said ‘if she talked to her mother after Thanksgiving, then she wasn’t missing on Thanksgiving. It was very peculiar to me.

“He was very abrupt and said ‘she didn’t talk to her mother on the Sunday after Thanksgiving’ and I was thinking ‘you just said that,” Key said. “It was just a very strange interaction there.”

BAP (Bolded and Purpled):

This is beyond asinine.

If it was anybody but PF, I'd say it was impossible.

But this is PF we're talking about here.

"Yeah, me and the girlfriend just broke up the day before she went missing, we were getting together to talk custody right before she went missing, and now I need to prove where I was the day before she went missing."
But, oh, yeah, "Forget we were ever here."

So, in effect, this was PF's messaging to the bank:
"I need to prove I was here. Forget I was ever here."

And as for that bit about PF saying CB spoke with KB on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and then having to back-track when the Bank Manager pointed out to him how he'd just frazeed himself up one side and down the other...

What I wouldn't give to have seen his face when the light bulb overhead dimly flickered, and he had that moment, be it ever so brief, of "realization."

"RUH-ROH."

Words fail.

That whole trip to the bank was PF at his PFingest.

JMO.

Last edited:
Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel

UPDATE: Neighbor’s surveillance camera “captures” #PatrickFrazee at #KelseyBerreth’s door 11 times on day she was allegedly murdered, investigator testifies.
@csgazette

boom.

Whoa! I wonder if that's why the pics of PF on Nov 22 ended up getting saved by the neighbor? My understanding is that the camera system only holds onto a set amount of pics for a certain number of days-- unless the owner opens email alerts to view and download the photos. All of that activity on one day might have gotten the neighbor's attention and caused him/her to take a look and save all photos from that day. MOO.

Why yes, yes he is!

If anyone didnt believe how bad he was before now, we sure know from this below where he didnt even know that cell phone providers can supply LE the call records and tower dumps of all kinds of information.

"Felis said Frazee seemed “particularly concerned” about the security of his cellphone account, and asked if it was possible to gather information from a phone that was destroyed"

Exactly.

KB is helping to prosecute PF by some of her own communication she had with 3rd parties which was unbeknownst to PF.

Same sort of thing with her brother who sent the christmas gift and was trying to get ahold of KB about it.

I wish this could help stop future murderers if they would just stop to think for a minute that they may not be aware of discussions and actions the person already took which can lead to their downfall.

A good example of this type of thing was in the Heather Elvis murder case where she was on the phone talking to her roomate about who she was fixing to meet up with right before she left and was never heard from again. I think its safe to say the perp(s) in her case had no idea Heather was on the phone telling her roomate who she had been talking to just minutes before and who she was fixing to meet up with.

Perps have no idea about some of these 3rd party communications and I wish it would be the one thing to stop murderers in their tracks. But of course it wont stop them, and unfortunately there will always be the next foolish perp willing to try to get away with murder.
Profound post!

I bet his attorneys are banging their heads on the table 111 times!! We thought he was toast before....hahaha! What little we know.
Like seriously?? What the heck was Ashley Porter talking about in her opening statement?? The foundation on this house is ROCK SOLID!! I’ll buy it!

I see why Steigerwald let AP take control of the ship. It’s going down, and it’s going down at lightning speed :) Bring on Day 3!

Just now seeing this - it's from 5 hours ago. Haven't watched it yet so I don't know if there's anything new. MOO

WATCH: Update in the murder trial for the man accused of killing Kelsey Berreth. Patrick Frazee’s trial started Friday. 11 News reporter Ashley Franco is covering the trial for us.

I think it’s likely that PF put a jacket or sweatshirt in baby K’s diaper bag and put it on over his shirt to commit the crime. Then, he probably put it in the tote right along with poor Kelsey.

Yea... the defense is gonna have to do better than the “no blood on the shirt” MOO

After reading these things, this proves small town living at it's finest. A single mom going missing probably spread like wildfire through that town. People were on high alert. Eventually people learned she was connected to him, thankfully were alert to his behaviors and called police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiersofJoy