CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance Benzel on Twitter
Pointing to 2 photos from same time— each with dramatically different lighting—public defender Adam Steigerwald turns pointed: “I know you’re a forensic cellphone reconstruction expert, but that’s not the way the sun moves, is it?” #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
10:21 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Morning notes:
- Defense makes a clear point that not once is Frazee caught on neighbor surveillance carrying the black tote. His clothes also show no blood.
- Defense also pointed out changes in shadows, trying to strike doubt in them.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
Well, maybe a cloud passed over the sun in some of the pictures.
Of course he wasn't covered in blood.
PF may be stupid but he's not dumb enough to walk around in public covered in blood.

He was in there plenty of time to have taken a shower and changed clothes.
He probably had his change of clothes in the bedroom or something.
He may have used the wipes to clean his hands, then went upstairs to get his clothes and take a shower.

Imo

Last edited:
Not sure about him going back when dark. My son has the Arlo cameras as well but also motion lights that come on. Get's awesome video in the dark too. Not sure if neighbour had motion sensor spot lights though.
Many questions about this earlier and we were reminded camera was from 2016-17 era. Night vision was off/on function.

MOO

Imo PF likely took a change of clothes with him or already had some there, him leaving without visible blood on his clothes doesn’t mean he’s innocent. You wouldn’t walk outside to your vehicle covered in blood in broad daylight. He also would probably have changed before touching baby K to avoid blood transferring onto baby. Moo. Defense are understandably going to clutch at straws

RECAP OF MORNING BREAK:

Lance Benzel on Twitter
UPDATE: Defense grills DA investigator over alleged surveillance of #PatrickFrazee at #KelseyBerreth’s condo, questioning if it’s Frazee and pointing to changing light and shadows to attack timeline. @csgazette
10:20 AM 5 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee trial day 3: just let out on a short morning break. So far and investigator with the DA’s office finished up his testimony on neighbors surveillance that shows Frazee and #KelseyBerreth going into her home on Nov 22. We never see Kelsey come out. @KKTV11News
10:20 AM 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Pointing to 2 photos from same time— each with dramatically different lighting—public defender Adam Steigerwald turns pointed: “I know you’re a forensic cellphone reconstruction expert, but that’s not the way the sun moves, is it?” #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Ashley Franco on Twitter
There is a gap in the surveillance from about 1 pm to 4pm when no one is shown. Then around 4:20 you see #PatrickFrazee walk out with the couples daughter. Prosecution and defense both asked if this is when the black tote was taken in. Investigator couldn’t tell. @KKTV11News
10:21 AM 5 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
For reference, in the surveillance there is a fence that goes up to Patrick’s waist so you can’t see clearly below the waste due to the fence. Reminder; this is a neighbors surveillance. @KKTV11News
10:22 AM 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Morning notes:
- Defense makes a clear point that not once is Frazee caught on neighbor surveillance carrying the black tote. His clothes also show no blood.
- Defense also pointed out changes in shadows, trying to strike doubt in them.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- WPPD Corporal Beth Huber took the stand next. She’s working through her work on the case, including surveillance review of Kelsey at Safeway. We saw a new photo of her buying some bread. It seems clear her child is with her.
10:22 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Prosecutors pointed out that Frazee doesn’t actually exchange custody of the child in the alley, like he told police. The neighbor surveillance shows him at the door 11 times on Nov. 22, between noon and 4:30. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
10:23 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
The attack forced a caveat by witness Chad Meninger, who acknowledged his analysis of timeline depends on when neighbor looked at each image in her phone. If she looked out of chronological sequence, pics would be jumbled, too. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
10:23 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Elected DA Dan May, part of prosecution team, sought to recover. He elicited testimony that even if some images were out of order, none would be more than roughly an hour off. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
10:24 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Right now Cpl Beth Huber is testifying. She was assigned to #KelseyBerreth case on Dec 3. She talks about conversations she had with #PatrickFrazee. She says she remembers Cpl Currie telling her she had an odd conversations the precious day with him. @KKTV11News
10:24 AM 5 Nov 2019

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
Last known image of Kelsey Berreth Seen alive at her Woodland Park condo along with Patrick Frazee and child shown to jurors. Image caught by neighbors surveillance camera November 22, 2018. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
10:24 AM - 5 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Ashley Franco on Twitter
We’re also getting into surveillance of when #KelseyBerreth was last seen at the Woodland Park Safeway. We just saw a new picture from that surveillance of Kelsey in the bakery area picking up bread. @KKTV11News
10:24 AM 5 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
You’ll remember, investigators found bread on #KelseyBerreth kitchen table when they searched the condo. @KKTV11News
10:25 AM 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Huber also emphasized she was looking for Berreth’s purse, keys and gun that Frazee said he gave back to her when serving a search warrant on Berreth’s home. She said they were never found. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
10:25 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Defense for Patrick Frazee tried this morning to dispute the accuracy of the timeline created with the surveillance footage from neighbor’s house. Noted that two photos taken at same time have very different shadows. But they did not dispute that it was Frazee at the condo.

We’ve now moved on to a Woodland Park police corporal. She found the footage of Kelsey in the Safeway after seeing a receipt in Kelsey’s truck. Also talked with Frazee at least twice the day Kelsey was declared a missing person.

That first day, Cpl. Beth Huber worried thay Kelsey might be suicidal and asked for the last time her phone pinged a tower. Found that the phone last pinged on Nov. 25 in Gooding, Idaho.
10:25 AM - 5 Nov 201

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Heading back in. Will update at lunch.
10:25 AM 5 Nov 2019

We haven’t yet heard from Frazee’s mistress, anyone from Colorado Bureau of Investigation or anyone close to Frazee.
10:26 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
As another witness arrested, this leaves #PatrickFrazee’s defense with explaining to do. That’s because Frazee told police he stopped by #KelseyBerreth’s condo once on holiday to get baby, and left at noon. @csgazette
10:26 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Defense poked holes in neighbor surv-camera photos from T-Day 2018, pointing out unexplained shadows, and #PatrickFrazee’s blue jeans are blocked by fence, but visible, Questioning time stamps.Jury attentive on Day 3. #kelseyberreth @abc
EIoDgm9U0AAxsY0.jpg

10:27 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Heading back in. More at lunch. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
10:27 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
Jurors were shown #surveillance image of Patrick Frazee carrying unidentifiable object at Kelsey Berreth’s condo in Woodland Park BUT investigator testifies not clear if it was tote box he allegedly used to transport her body. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
10:30 AM - 5 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

That is what I would expect the defense to jump on - is it reliable, etc. JMO
Don't know if this happened already but I think it would have been valuable input if the camera homeowner would have emphasized to the jury that this is no professional, commercial surveillance system but one low cost, battery operated camera that homeowner self engages. MOO

ETA: i.e., no pictures all weekend could mean I turned camera off, and not that no motion detected for days.

Last edited:
I tend to believe he used the baby wipes on himself. Possibly before showering/changing clothes. You know he had to have some extra clothes at her place or he brought something like the coveralls ranchers/farmers wear.
I suspect his bloody clothes were in the tote with KB.... sorry to have to type that. but there is the desecration of a corpse charge to consider. (burning the body, yes, but what else was done? I think KK knows for sure IMO)

No one seen on neighbor's video from 1:00-4:00...

He could have pushed that tote on the ground.
It would have been obvious that he was pushing something, though. A marked difference in posture and gait of walking versus having to push an object weighing more than 100 lbs.

ETA: Oh, I think I get it. Your theory is that he was down on the ground, too. Crawling and pushing, out of sight of the camera?

I'm just not so sure how he thought he could get away with it, killing her at the condo?

He also took a huge risk, trusting that Krystal would actually do the clean up. He didn't even worry for a moment that she wouldn't do her part? Did it not ever dawn on him, that maybe she might have had a conscious and would call LE instead of finishing the dirty deed of cleaning his mess?

His cockiness and confidence is just astounding to me.

It really is incomprehensible, isn't it? Why was PF so sure KK would come through for him, clean up the bloody scene and not call the police? I keep thinking we are going to find out that PF was blackmailing KK somehow. Maybe he had nude photos of her from their college days or a sex tape he was threatening to send to all her friends and family? I can't wrap my head around a "jealousy" motive like most people here seem to think was what made KK so responsive to PF's commands. I mean, she seemed to be negotiating with him over her willingness to do things like it was a business deal-- for example, when she refused to take KB's body to Idaho PF essentially told her that the consequence of that decision was that she HAD to take KB's gun to get rid of it. As if she had no choice but to take the gun. What gave him the chutzpah to make any demands of her at all? Such arrogance on his part. And why did she go along with any of it? :confused::eek:o_O:mad:
MOO.

Imo PF likely took a change of clothes with him or already had some there, him leaving without visible blood on his clothes doesn’t mean he’s innocent. You wouldn’t walk outside to your vehicle covered in blood in broad daylight. He also would probably have changed before touching baby K to avoid blood transferring onto baby. Moo. Defense are understandably going to clutch at straws

Nope, you would walk upstairs to the master closet to get some clothes that you had in her closet... a plethora of grey t'shirts was his uniform??

Well, he could not have gotten there until sometime after 4:30, I would think.
His brother claimed he was there around 2:30 which we know is probably not true.
Does anyone remember what time he called his mother?
I wonder if he called her to say he was running late. I also wonder if he told her he had gone out to dinner with Kelsey.

Imo
I believe brother said he arrived at 2:30pm, and not PF arrived at 2:30pm.

To my knowledge, there's been no comment by SF (mom) regarding PF's arrival time. MOO

It would have been obvious that he was pushing something, though. A marked difference in posture and gait of walking versus having to push an object weighing more than 100 lbs.
If he pushed it out the door with his foot, that would not of been noticed. He was a strong enough man to push 100lbs with one foot easily IMO .

She’s just trying to downplay her involvement. There has to be video of KK at KB house, or she went thru that large south facing window.

Wondering if any other cameras caught KK/PF. She (KB) HAD to have left somehow. There are lots of other cameras in town. On storage units, on the HS, on the aquatic center 3 blocks from her house, by the Dinosaur center facing Fairview, at the wood log store on Fairview/24 across from Bierwerks.......
Good to see you here @mustloveco!

Nope, you would walk upstairs to the master closet to get some clothes that you had in her closet... a plethora of grey t'shirts was his uniform??
Well, it wasn’t his home or his closet. He didn’t live here and we don’t know if he kept any clothes there.

How he got out of there without blood on him is one of the easier mysteries to solve. All he had to do was wear two shirts. And while she was blindfolded, remove his jeans. After the deed was done, remove the bloody outer shirt and leave it for KK to dispose of. Put the jeans back on. All set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member