CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like her to answer the question why she was using burner phones.

Was she still married to her husband at that time? Trying to conceal her contact with PF?

Were they even together then? If the baby was born in October then maybe she was just pregnant for a couple of months the year before and then got pregnant again?
I'm just wondering why CB mentioned it to begin with and how it's important.

It had to have been an early miscarriage. And, yes, she was pregnant within a couple months - a mid-October baby is conceived in mid-January. Since KB2 was early, then later in Jan, but she was still pregnant for almost all of 2017.

Where do you get that I think PF wasn't involved? I think he was very much involved but in what way, I still don't know. According to KK, his murder strategy went from prescription drug overdose by KK at a time when the baby wasn't around to a violent bludgeoning by PF with the baby in the next room and KB begging for her life. That is a very dramatic, sensational escalation which certainly doesn't fit PF's boasted "no body, no crime" strategy.

If the jury is just as mystified as I am, that's reasonable doubt. Then what? There's also the element of the unknown male DNA found in the bathroom. A bathroom KK testified she barely entered yet chemical testing showed blood in multiple locations had been cleaned up.

This case reminds me very much of Cari Farver, whose body has never been found. LE investigated for several years, finally found ample blood evidence in a vehicle and then they made the arrest. DNA testing should be done on the hay bale and the tooth because it would be tangible forensic evidence that KB is dead and PF is involved.

JMO

BBM. He had a plan A and a plan B for no body with the way he chose to murder her. He had a clean up crew ready. That clean up crew taking the body was plan A and when she wouldn't do it, plan B was the fire. He succeeded - there is no body. Too bad for him it's still obvious he committed a crime.

Interesting.

He said he remembered Frazee telling him that he, Berreth and Kaylee went to Nash Ranch the day before Thanksgiving — Nov. 21 — and then returned to Frazee’s ranch. Berreth had indicated that night that she wanted to get an apartment closer to her work in Pueblo, Slagle said. As they drove to the Frazee ranch that evening, Frazee stopped the car and threw up near the Florissant post office, Slagle said. Berreth went to the Woodland Park Walmart to buy medication for Frazee for an upset stomach and diarrhea, Slagle said.

Frazee trial: Arson analyst, Frazee friend testify

Whew. He was pretty anxious about the whole thing, eh?

Been waiting for someone to say this. I think she had an abortion the first time because of statements like that and refused to get one the second time. Then he was done with her. All IMO.

Yeah, I'm not sure why CB would mention it at all unless it was going to come into play somehow.
There is definitely something strange about PF not wanting to have a child out of wedlock yet he doesn't seem to bother using protection? I don't get it.

This crossed my mind immediately when we heard about KKL having the abortion. I think that CB brought up that it WAS a miscarriage because the DAs office told her about KKL's abortion. I bet it was important to CB for people to know KB had a miscarriage and not an abortion like KKL. So, I'm of a mixed mind on it...MOO, of course.

Omg.

When Luce sought to reassure Frazee that maybe #KelseyBerreth would resurface after disappearing, he responded : “Oh she’s never coming back. That’s exactly what he said.” #PatrickFrazee @csgazette

Luce said she didn’t tell CBI about these comments during first interview bc she felt “uncomfortable” violating his confidence. Hoped she wouldn’t be involved. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter
I'm trying to be nice but what is it with these people who don't say anything??? This is after the fact of course, but really now...how else would he know she's never coming back? C'mon now...

Among new witnesses this afternoon was Savannah Greasby, a Colorado Springs nurse who exchanged flirtatious texts w #PatrickFrazee day before he allegedly murdered #KelseyBerreth. @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Woa. Not surprised. Oh the sweet poetic irony. Kk getting an abortion for him, leaving her hubby, helping clean up after murdering his baby mama,and look here. Another woman to take winning his attention.
MOO

In the arraignment (?) - the original appearance before a judge when the decision was made whether or not there was enough evidence to go forward with a trial. DA May wanted to call her but her attorney said she would plead the 5th if she was called.

You can only plead the 5th to avoid incriminating yourself, not on behalf of someone else, so she apparently believes that she has done something criminal and would implicate herself if forced to testify. I believe DA May wanted to ask her about PF's appearance (timeline) at Thanksgiving dinner, perhaps what he said when he called her from KB's condo, and about the fire, so I honestly have no idea what she is afraid of implicating herself for.

Again, she is not allowed to plead the 5th to protect someone else, only herself.
I don’t know, I think you’re making some jumps to conclusions there. The threat to plead the 5th could have been an empty threat. Maybe SF just didn’t want to have any part of the proceedings at all since they involved her son. I don’t think we know if there is anything of substance there, do we? You were stating as if it was a known fact that SF did something criminal.

Yeah, I'm not sure why CB would mention it at all unless it was going to come into play somehow.
There is definitely something strange about PF not wanting to have a child out of wedlock yet he doesn't seem to bother using protection? I don't get it.

He likes hurting women. It hurts a woman to have an abortion. He also likes the feeling of power and control he gets from making them do something against their character; and they are doing it for him. He enjoys messing with their minds. He enjoys making smart women do seemingly foolish things. He gets off on this. It's a narcissistic boost. He's a manipulator because he gets something out of it.

I went back to the Media thread to check dates. KKL became pregnant by PF in March of 2016 and then had an abortion, according to her testimony. KB moved to CO with PF's help in May of 2016. And now we have this new witness, thus far unidentified, who testified that she and PF had a 4-6 week sexual relationship in 2016 that ended when he stopped replying to her texts. Now she knows why. She's probably showering obsessively. MOO

Bolding because that comment made me laugh. I bet you're right, though- the poor woman probably can't get clean enough, if you know what I mean. It would take me a while to recover from the shock and horror that someone I was with murdered another lady. *shudders*.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Many have posted that KB buying her own condo may have triggered him in some way, and the pieces of the puzzle are now coming together. I think there are multiple motives; some financial, some more about power and control.
I don't know- he's clearly been cheating on Kelsey and Krystal for most of the time he was with them. I don't get why he even wanted custody of Baby K- it doesn't seem like he spent much time with her, with his busy social life...

so sorry to hear about your friend k-mac.
(((hug)))
thanks sky daze xx
it is so sad and painful for the outer circles of these beautiful people murdered even us here at WBs not knowing Kelsey personally we feel the strong compassion and loss, can you imagine (like Kelsey my friend was beaten to death by her 3 x baby daddy.) those poor little darlings robbed of the most important incredible person in their lives.

unfathomable to most of us :(

I don't know- he's clearly been cheating on Kelsey and Krystal for most of the time he was with them. I don't get why he even wanted custody of Baby K- it doesn't seem like he spent much time with her, with his busy social life...

Control. I think SF1 would have taken care of her. He just didn't want KB to have her. It happens again and again with angry men.

I guess not if they officer says he can't prove it. I would think they could. It would be slam dunk for sure if they can test the dirt and the tooth and they both come back KB.
He might not be aware of the results. Those tests probably took a long time, and his involvement would have been over months before they came back.

Law enforcement didn’t need the forensic results for charges to be filed, and the DA may have received them directly—afterwards.

I don’t know, I think you’re making some jumps to conclusions there. The threat to plead the 5th could have been an empty threat. Maybe SF just didn’t want to have any part of the proceedings at all since they involved her son. I don’t think we know if there is anything of substance there, do we? You were stating as if it was a known fact that SF did something criminal.

No, that is not what I am saying.

I am saying that one can only plead the 5th to avoid self-incrimination, not to avoid testifying about someone else.

If SF threatened to plead the 5th and had no reason to fear incriminating herself, then she threatened to plead the 5th under false pretenses.

Personally, I can't think of anything she might have done for which she would be likely to be held criminally liable. I think she wanted to avoid providing testimony that could incriminate PF. The 5th amendment doesn't cover that. If she doesn't want to answer a question about PF because she thinks it would incriminate him, she can refuse to do so. If the court orders her to answer and she continues to refuse, she can be held in contempt.

She can not plead the 5th to avoid answering a question that might incriminate PF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member