CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we knew PF was a terrible person going in, but the testimony from these witnesses over the past few days has helped bring this monster into focus.

Not only did he use Kelsey, but he used other women as well.

Not only did he treat Kelsey horribly, but he bragged about it to others.

Not only did he lie about Kelsey, but he badmouthed her to every person that would listen.

What makes all of this particularly disgusting, is that she went out of her way to please him. Meanwhile, all he was concerned about was getting the most out of her he could:

Having her tend to his animals.

Having her run around and do errands for him.

Only allowing her to live until their child’s health insurance would no longer be paid by Kelsey’s employer.

Then he killed her with a baseball bat, as she begged for her life.
He's gonna really popular in prison.

Not sure they have much of a rebuttal. We'll have to wait and see.

Prosecution has presented evidence, facts, proof, witnesses, logic, confirmation, certainty, more facts.

I would expect Defense to rebut with contradictions, theory, conjecture, doubt, suspicions, wishful thinking, what ifs, more doubt.

I don’t know what else they can do.

Maybe they will just call in sick.

Last edited:
I truly hope PF is put in general population in prison-even though I know they aren’t probably 100% reality, I’ve watched some of the “60 days in” shows and prisoners do not react well to loner/quiet types ( being suspicious of them). Would to see PF’s transition into general population-have a feeling he might get a taste of how he treated his animals/the women in his life.

I'm guessing letting him bat on the baseball team would limit participation from the cell block?

KB’s phone was burned at KK’s house.

If you recall, she texted Doss and PF from Kelsey’s phone on her return to Idaho.

She then burned Kelsey’s phone and her burner phone in her yard.
I think there was some mention of possible cell phone remnants found in the burn pile. I think maybe PF or KK threw one or both of the burner phones into the fire?

Makes me wonder if he got sick thinking about what he was going to do to her that night (murder) and that's why she survived that night. He was just too sick to follow thru and had to wait until the next day.

Maybe he couldn't do what he planned to Kelsey that night out in the pasture because he vomited and his DNA would be there.

Too much thinking for Patrick? I guess so.

Last edited:
Well they can suck it up because one wasn’t ill enough to bash someone’s head in and the other wasn’t too ill to clean a slaughter scene up for hours and then go down sonic after (which would make any normal person ill). They should be dragged into court vomiting/diarrhea and all. Same for the pieces of scum... um defense attorneys I mean
Ha! Say what you really think, panther.

I think there was some mention of possible cell phone remnants found in the burn pile. I think maybe PF or KK threw one or both of the burner phones into the fire?
Couldn’t have thrown both burner phones into the fire. There were remnants of two phones found in Idaho - and there were only 3 phones total. So that just leaves one phone.

Yes, I'm sure, but I was referring specifically to dental records. You had mentioned that they could identify the tooth through Kelsey's dental records.
I'm not familiar with how they do that with a partial tooth so I just wondered how they could tell. That was my question.
Depending on the part of tooth,it is, they could match it to her dental records, and which tooth is. Like fingerprints.

One of the main points by the defense today was reportedly that the forensics team never found the metal brackets from the tote, in the burn pile.

Did the Prosecution remind everyone that the hired hands shovelled out much of the ash pile and remnants? And even used magnets to pick up old nails. AM I REMEMBERING CORRECTLY?

One of the main points by the defense today was reportedly that the forensics team never found the metal brackets from the tote, in the burn pile.

Did the Prosecution remind everyone that the hired hands shovelled out much of the ash pile and remnants? And even used magnets to pick up old nails. AM I REMEMBERING CORRECTLY?
Yes. If they used magnets to pick up nails, it stands to reason that they picked up those brackets.

Besides that, they clearly found burned plastic there, and were able to determine that it was consistent with the tote.

A tote that left an imprint on hay, and was seen in the back of PF’s vehicle.

Weak sauce from the defense.

Can we know what they were?
Yes, we can know. The questions are asked in open court of witnesses, and the witness answers from the stand much the same as if an attorney asked the question.

Sam Kraemer in his FB Live nightly recaps has been reading to us the juror questions that were asked and what the witness answers were.

I'd like to know who REALLY took care of the baby when PF had her. I'm going to guess Not Him. I'm also going to speculate that he learned early and often to use the baby in whatever manner he deemed necessary, in particular to manipulate KB. We saw how he used the baby to manipulate KK. Try to confuse her sense of doing the right thing.

About that, what's the thought process to go from, "I'll drive for hours and hours to clean up a crime scene, I'll watch a tote melt in a fire, but no, nope, I draw the line, I won't take a body back with me". She didn't once think maybe her line not to cross might've come sooner than that???? Like a normal human being's.... like how about not participating in conversations, planning, and the carrying out of MURDER?

Nothing about PF tells me he's seriously interested in parenthood either. I don't think he has THE CAPACITY to consider or evaluate.... actually I can stop the sentence right there.

But I was going to finish: he doesn't have the capacity to consider or evaluate proper care of a child. IMO it wasn't HIM who had a concern about fit parenting but KB! And I bet, if she did question his parenting in any way, he decided he'd attack her parenting. That's how psychopaths work.

The only thing right about this whole case is that the little girl is in the care of the people who loved her mommy most.

My thoughts only
KK not taking that body back to ID saved her b*tt. If she had done that..PF would have thrown her under the bus for sure

And I really think he just hates women and would have killed whomever female was around at this time.
He just kept getting away with things over time...and so he kept pushing it...whoops

He might not be aware of the results. Those tests probably took a long time, and his involvement would have been over months before they came back.

Law enforcement didn’t need the forensic results for charges to be filed, and the DA may have received them directly—afterwards.

I like the way DA May is doing this.

He's putting forth a distinct chronology of Kelsey's murder and cover-up.

As Sam said tonight, we're learning what witnesses observed, what each investigator did and soon we'll hear what the lab professionals did with that evidence.

I feel confident we'll hear about DNA in that wet substance. If we don't, at least we've learned this wasn't just your average franch garbage burning site.

And can anyone doubt at this point that we're going to hear about Kelsey's DNA found throughout that condo?

We're going to learn about the bleach clean-up at all those crime scene markers.

Did anyone miss that LE finally limited the number of floor boards removed because there was so much blood there was no reason to keep pulling them up?

That's not chili spilled under the floor boards.

And those floor boards were not. in. the. bathroom.

We knew a lot about PF from prior information, but this trial is filling in the blanks on what kind of person he was and how he interacted with people.

Now what I want to know is, what is Ma really like? We only have glimpses of her. What happened on that ranch the previous 10-20 years that probably helped line the path to this tragedy?

Yes, I always want to know the back story on these killers and there always is one. A poster here, who must be from around PF's way, said there was a lot of "punishment" and neglect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy