CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to know about this conversation with a Doss employee that PF supposedly told that Kelsey was getting up to go to work every day but not really going! I think PF is full of it.

Donahue testified Tuesday that Frazee told her Berreth’s employer had called him and said their daughter’s health insurance was going to expire at the end of January because Berreth hadn’t maintained it, and that he told her employer that Berreth was getting up for work every day but evidently not going. She said he also told her Berreth went to rehab.

Frazee trial: Arson analyst, Frazee friend testify

4780.gif

Day 8 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?

I'm here and I'm anxious and very excited about evidence that will be revealed today. So much yesterday! I can't wait for more forensic detail! I hope that will be today.
My thoughts are with the Berreth family today and every day.
PF is going down, down, down!

Justice for Kelsey!

I would be interested to know about this conversation with a Doss employee that PF supposedly told that Kelsey was getting up to go to work every day but not really going! I think PF is full of it.

Donahue testified Tuesday that Frazee told her Berreth’s employer had called him and said their daughter’s health insurance was going to expire at the end of January because Berreth hadn’t maintained it, and that he told her employer that Berreth was getting up for work every day but evidently not going. She said he also told her Berreth went to rehab.

Sounds like it was a calculated, cold campaign of PF to denigrate the mother of their child. Over and over. Until the ultimate solution, get rid of her altogether.

When did Doss ask PF if he wanted to use COBRA benefits? Where is the requirement, upon accepting employment, for a single woman to list the biological father of her child?
My interpretation of the benefits discussion (tell me if I'm wrong!) was that it was in the vein of in order to be eligible for benefits, Kelsey has to work X number of hours and because she hasn't accrued enough hours, it puts Baby K's healthcare in jeopardy, she is eligible for coverage via COBRA, how would you like to proceed? If he thought insurance was expensive when KB was working COBRA would have increased the cost exponentially.

And a side note....what was that bs he was telling Doss about her getting up and leaving for work in the am but apparently not actually going there and by the way she was in rehab once? What?

ETA: Thank you @scdiv, simultaneous post

Last edited:

The state then called Savannah Greasby to the stand, for whom Frazee had been shoeing horses for about nine years, she said. She said she and Frazee mostly talked intermittently, mostly about the horses, but that he asked her to dinner around October 2018, which she said she could not make. But the court was shown a text message thread between the two from Nov. 21 through Dec. 4, which was admitted as evidence.

The messages showed Frazee texted her just after midnight on Nov. 21, that they talked about Kaylee and a mess she had made and that he texted her about getting there when he gets done, though Daugherty said she was not sure what he was referring to and told him to go to bed. They told each other happy Thanksgiving in messages the next day.

The messages showed she texted Frazee “hey” at 10:44 a.m. on Nov. 23 and that he didn’t respond until 2:33 p.m., also saying “hey.” The messages showed she asked him how his day went, to which he responded that it was long but life was about to slow down. They talked about meeting up, the messages showed, but did not do so.

On Nov. 26, she reached out saying she was thinking about him, and on Nov. 28, after more messages about him apparently not taking her money for shoeing her horses, he told her not to take a sassy tone with him and that he was the all-inclusive passage. Later that day, they both talked about being stubborn and Frazee said Greasby had met her match, according to the messages.

The two exchanged more text messages on Dec. 1, and she texted him on Dec. 3, but he did not respond, the messages showed. On Dec. 4, the messages showed, Frazee apologized saying life had taken some awkward turns. She said she didn’t need details and that she understood.

They did not speak again until Dec. 10 and discussed hanging out that week, but Frazee said he had an issue with his truck and couldn’t. The next day, the texts showed, she said she was sorry to him. That was the last time they spoke via text, Greasby said, and she testified that she didn’t recall speaking to him on the phone since either.

BBM: I think they mean Greasby here, not Daugherty
Thank you scdiv, but aIm still missing the part on texting on the 23rd telling a woman that after the morning of the 24th things were going to be better.

At least I think I read that....

@MassGuy do you know what I'm talking about because I swore I made a comment about that fitting in the timeline.

SK reply: Is there a current photo of PF?

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted *********

We aren't allowed to take any photo/video on courthouse property. They've also put up a tent barricade at his entrance into the courthouse. We don't have much of an opportunity to get a current photo. He has buzzed his head, wears collared shirts & slacks though
9:02 PM - 12 Nov 2019

SK reply: A little extreme don't you think?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted *******

Absolutely. But it's not my courtroom
9:36 PM - 12 Nov 2019

SK reply: Why do you think there's so much protection of PF?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted *******

Judge Sells says it's to "protect the integrity of the process"
9:36 PM - 12 Nov 2019

One of the benefits of having such a closed case in this time of social media and tweeting, is this is going to be one of the most documented cases in a very very long time. Anybody doing a Google search will find day after day a very very detailed information on every single person that testified within the Gazette and Main Colorado newspapers.

For all of the players in this, their friends and their family will know what they did and be exposed for such.

my employer would never contact a “baby daddy” (I hate that term but it applies here). No way no how.
What's more, companies don't limit employees' health care enrollment to the year's end. It's probably medicare the poster is thinking of, and that wouldn't even be for the initial enrollment. We're supposed to believe that an employee hired in January in the typical American company has to wait until the following October or November to enroll in health care benefits?

PF perhaps thought that WP were inept, and he could get away with his deed due to lack of resources and being in the small town boonies. Who would have thought that the CBI etc. did a full on with this case, to the nth degree.

*applause* that they did up front, and continued and continued with the case.

Yes, all the detectives did a very thorough investigation which is one of the biggest reasons that PF's goose is cooked.

The state then called Savannah Greasby to the stand, for whom Frazee had been shoeing horses for about nine years, she said. She said she and Frazee mostly talked intermittently, mostly about the horses, but that he asked her to dinner around October 2018, which she said she could not make. But the court was shown a text message thread between the two from Nov. 21 through Dec. 4, which was admitted as evidence.

The messages showed Frazee texted her just after midnight on Nov. 21, that they talked about Kaylee and a mess she had made and that he texted her about getting there when he gets done, though Daugherty said she was not sure what he was referring to and told him to go to bed. They told each other happy Thanksgiving in messages the next day.

The messages showed she texted Frazee “hey” at 10:44 a.m. on Nov. 23 and that he didn’t respond until 2:33 p.m., also saying “hey.” The messages showed she asked him how his day went, to which he responded that it was long but life was about to slow down. They talked about meeting up, the messages showed, but did not do so.

On Nov. 26, she reached out saying she was thinking about him, and on Nov. 28, after more messages about him apparently not taking her money for shoeing her horses, he told her not to take a sassy tone with him and that he was the all-inclusive passage. Later that day, they both talked about being stubborn and Frazee said Greasby had met her match, according to the messages.

The two exchanged more text messages on Dec. 1, and she texted him on Dec. 3, but he did not respond, the messages showed. On Dec. 4, the messages showed, Frazee apologized saying life had taken some awkward turns. She said she didn’t need details and that she understood.

They did not speak again until Dec. 10 and discussed hanging out that week, but Frazee said he had an issue with his truck and couldn’t. The next day, the texts showed, she said she was sorry to him. That was the last time they spoke via text, Greasby said, and she testified that she didn’t recall speaking to him on the phone since either.

BBM: I think they mean Greasby here, not Daugherty

What surprises me is how many of these interactions with other people that have come in.

In many cases I have followed oh, they have had hearings where the judge doesn't allow it saying they are more prejudicial than probative.

Perhaps @gitana1 can help us understand or someone else who can help me understand?

I'm not understanding your point. Employees usually have an enrollment period for benefits between October and around the first of December. An employee who only has themselves on the policy pays one premium but children are an additional premium. This is the way our insurance works and we've been married decades.

I don't believe KB cancelled the baby's insurance, I believe she failed to re-enroll by the deadline. Thus the requirement for Doss to contact the other parent, PF, if he wanted to use COBRA benefits for the child.

There are some aspects to this case which are not proof PF murdered KB. This is one of them.

JMO
I think all we know about the insurance is PF’s statement to a witness that KB had let insurance lapse. Given the false statements he’s already made to witnesses who have testified, relying on that is shaky ground.

We know nothing of Doss’s insurance procedures. Some companies do not require re-enrolling at all if you aren’t making any changes to your elections. And not all companies have a fiscal year that syncs with calendar year. My company for instance has a fiscal year that begins Sept 1, and open enrollment was in July.

Do we have any evidence that KB had reduced her hours, other than PF claiming that to someone? We do know he had stopped paying her $700 per month as of July, so it doesn’t seem likely that she would be reducing her hours and earning less money at the same time she wasn’t getting child support.

What's more, companies don't limit employees' health care enrollment to the year's end. It's probably medicare the poster is thinking of. We're supposed to believe that an employee hired in January in the average American company has to wait until the following October or November to enroll in health care benefits?
AND until we have the DOSS employer on the stand testifying, I will chalk it up the another PF lie.
So that makes Cobra moot. MOO

Considering that PF made these comments to Donahue, I think it's important to know what else he said to her:

“We didn’t discuss her a lot, but he would never say anything kind about her,” Donahue told the court.

She [Donahue] said she called a tip in for the case, saying Frazee told her Berreth took off shortly after their daughter was born and that Frazee described Berreth as absolutely crazy.

Given that PF lied about everything he said to this woman -- why believe this story....

MOO

It's so discouraging to think that so many showed such a disregard for a human life. If only one person had gone to LE.
How horrible for Kelsey's parents to be aware of this.

Imo
BBM:

It's utterly devastating.

First, the B's have to deal with the devastating loss of their daughter.

Then, they have to deal with the devastating details of how she died, and what she suffered at the hands of that evil monsters, and the gross indignities to which her remains were subjected.

And now, they're being forced to deal with the devastating knowledge that there were many, many, many people in PF's orbit who heard him reference his desire and/or intent to harm KB, and not one of them lifted so much as a pinky finger to intervene.

The lack of humanity we're seeing from so many supposed human beings here is horrifying.

Such apathy...it's sickening.
It's beyond imagining how the B's must feel hearing witness after witness recount their awareness of PF's malevolent intent toward KB.

No one should have to deal with so much devastation in their lives.
Least of all good, decent people like the B's.

No one should have to deal with the pain and devastation of being beaten to death with a baseball bat.
KB lost her LIFE.
Her last moments on earth were filled with excruciating agony and terror.

The fact that PF faces only the prospect of LWOP, despite having wreaked all this devastation and ruination upon the entire B family, is infuriating.

I wish Teller County was in Texas.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think all we know about the insurance is PF’s statement to a witness that KB had let insurance lapse. Given the false statements he’s already made to witnesses who have testified, relying on that is shaky ground.

We know nothing of Doss’s insurance procedures. Some companies do not require re-enrolling at all if you aren’t making any changes to your elections. And not all companies have a fiscal year that syncs with calendar year. My company for instance has a fiscal year that begins Sept 1, and open enrollment was in July.

Do we have any evidence that KB had reduced her hours, other than PF claiming that to someone? We do know he had stopped paying her $700 per month as of July, so it doesn’t seem likely that she would be reducing her hours and earning less money at the same time she wasn’t getting child support.
Excellent reasoning!

I am in no way a fan of KK and think that the deal she got was unbelievably generous - but think it had to be done to get this case to trial this quickly, and with all this evidence still available...

That said - is it really a stretch to imagine KK was actually afraid :
PF often made reference to children going missing from playgrounds, knowing where to hide bodies where they couldn't be found etc.
PF has been shown to be able to inflict violence on people and animals, and was planning actually committing murder.
In addition we, here on this thread, are having theoretical arguments about whether PF could have killed anyone else - many here think it's at least possible.
There is at least one more death in Woodland Park that may or may not have been suspicious.
We know PF lies.
It doesn't even matter if the death in Woodland Park was suspicious or not, is it possible a liar would infer it was murder and that he may have been involved in that, as a scare tactic.
Add in that his brother is local L.E., he could easily imply that he had help to cover it up.

If you have young children, would you really not be in the least bit afraid of this guy ?
Considering what has actually happened, I think she should have been very afraid of him.

Doesn't excuse her actions, or her participation in this - just I can see that the talk of KK being scared of PF could have some truth to it.

Edited to Add : MOO
Some truth, still she had so many other choices. Call LE, FBI, a domestic abuse hotline.
MOO

I thought I had Kelseys thread open when I opened websleuths just now & saw GUILTY at the top. I got excited for a second until I realized I fell asleep reading about another case. Hopefully it’s a sign that this sad excuse for a human will be going to prison for a long long time!

BBM:

Our Banner Day is coming soon.

BBM:

Seriously.

I'd rather get lost in Deliverance country than spend 5 minutes in Cripple Creek, if this uncaring band of motley fools is any indication of the local populace.

#ItTakesASickVillage
#DaddyDearests

JMO.

You know, I've been wondering about this too. How could SO MANY people have known SO much and not one came forward to protect KB. I think it's speaks loudly of the morals of the area or at least the morals of those who PF surrounded himself with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member