GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Had there been no attempt at murder solicitation from behind bars, I think we would have heard from a juror or two.

That was a game changer, and I don’t think anyone is going to take the risk of finding their name on a future hit list.

I agree but seeing as it’s a small community, I’d venture to guess a lot of their names are already out there.

And I guarantee he has “someone” who has/or will tell him their names.

Ol’ ma

has to be scary for them.

Scoring on your own goal? That's a strange way of putting it. IMO.
Yes, 'own goal' concept is scoring a point/s for the other team.

Defense scored one for the Prosecution, generally not how games and court cases are typically won.

Generally NOT a good idea and sports fans really hate it too - sometimes they even BOO!

Do I remember this testimony correctly? One of the young ranch band's helped PF lift a silver barrel onto the back of a truck? PF's truck? And this was the last the ranch hand saw of it? But when did PF tell one or both ranch hands that ther could be animal bones or elk antlers? Didn't he ask them to dispose of something themselves?

The ranch hand testified that he believed the steel drum held ash from the fire, yes? And we all believe it likely contained ash and remains.... so I've been thinking about that event, that day....if it was PF's truck and he drove away with it, to where did he go? I know, I know, $64,000 question, but we know something now we didn't fully know all along. And that's what a dumb criminal he his. Writing down only the most sensitive stuff. To be preserved forever. MO-ron. So where would a moron go, that LE didn't think of and KK didn't know or tell.

I want her remains found.

Try though he did, that monster didn't succeed in obliterating her because she lives on in that precious baby girl, but still, I want badly for some part of her to be found so they can bury her. They deserve that.

The reason I'm stuck on this is because, if the ranch hands unwittingly removed her remains, surely they recall where they went. Regardless, whoever disposed of the drum, was it disposed in whole or was it emptied? Is that part of the metal later brought to the recycling center, sadly recommended by the brother?

Is it possible that PF drive that drum to the edge of a ravine and dumped it? Somewhere where it sits today, just waiting to be found? I've been to Colorado. Just as there are deep forests, there are cavernous ridges....

I just want to think maybe he wasn't smart enough to get rid of all the evidence. Maybe he just relocated it....

In the end, at least Berreths have what Kelsey loved most. And she'll have her mommy's smile.

And sometimes, when there's nothing else, that's everything.

Just my thoughts....

PF also had the ranch hands cover up the burn area or scorched earth, and I believe that was part of the elk horn alibi.

Also, we learned yesterday that Investigators are still looking for KB's remains including searching old abandoned mining shafts -- of which there are many in Colorado. MOO

You know what I loved the most about this team? They let their professional guard down, if you will, and showed human emotion. They let the tears flow without shame. They showed compassion toward Mr. Berreth. Quite refreshing.

They may have won the case, but their hearts tell me this was more than just a case for them.

I think the closest I can come to understanding what the legal team and investigative team go through is finals week every week for a year, x two, with the added burden that life and death are at stake (in a sense) if you don’t study and prepare well enough.

We can’t fathom what these folk go through.

Once the evidence came out, people knowing PF in the past, will stay clear of him, knowing of his hit list, involving even his friends.
And given that that the person who carried out the hit list was supposed to call SF to tell her the job was done, I can't imagine any court giving any credence to her custody suit.

Yes, 'own goal' concept is scoring a point/s for the other team.

Defense scored one for the Prosecution, generally not how games and court cases are typically won.

Generally NOT a good idea and sports fans really hate it too - sometimes they even BOO!

And who can forget "BOO!" Columbian style:

Colombia had entered the 1994 World Cup among the favorites to win it all, led by star goalie Carlos "El Pibe" Valderrama and forward Faustino Asprilla. But then the unthinkable happened. The squad lost 3-1 to Romania, midfielder Gabriel Gomez received a faxed death threat and the coach contemplated resigning.

But the worst was still to come. Defender Andres Escobar, known as "The Gentleman of the Field," accidentally put the ball in his own net in a game against the U.S., contributing to Colombia's rapid exit from the Cup and a massive national disappointment.

Ten days later, the 27-year-old Escobar was shot dead in a Medellin parking lot in a killing that sparked national outrage.

Murder of soccer player after own-goal 20 years ago still resonates in Colombia

Scoring on your own goal? That's a strange way of putting it. IMO.

Not really. Own goals are a big deal. Especially in soccer (my favorite sport).

In the 1994 FIFA World Cup an own goal was scored by the Colombian team. My father in law was at the match and immediately said, “He’s dead.” And he was. He was murdered for it. (Betting is a big part of the game for many).

This case was a game to PF. The planning. The murder. The cover up. The trial. The attempt to have witnesses assassinated.

And that last attempt was the equivalent of an own goal.

Colombia had entered the 1994 World Cup among the favorites to win it all, led by star goalie Carlos "El Pibe" Valderrama and forward Faustino Asprilla. But then the unthinkable happened. The squad lost 3-1 to Romania, midfielder Gabriel Gomez received a faxed death threat and the coach contemplated resigning.

But the worst was still to come. Defender Andres Escobar, known as "The Gentleman of the Field," accidentally put the ball in his own net in a game against the U.S., contributing to Colombia's rapid exit from the Cup and a massive national disappointment.

Ten days later, the 27-year-old Escobar was shot dead in a Medellin parking lot in a killing that sparked national outrage.

Jinx girl!!

Yes! That one was unforgettable and drives this point home!

PF also had the ranch hands cover up the burn area or scorched earth, and I believe that was part of the elk horn alibi.

Also, we learned yesterday that Investigators are still looking for KB's remains including searching old abandoned mining shafts -- of which there are many in Colorado. MOO

Poor baby. I think she’s in a landfill and much like Jhessye Shockley and Abby Blagg. So hard to find.

@Seattle1, I read the articles about the ongoing searches for remains by LE and am puzzled.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning to do this ongoing searching if the KB body was in the tote and burned?

Is the theory that the body was not intact?

MOO

They walked in and sat down and the seemed very confident. Nobody looked worried or doubtful (my interpretation of their body language). Sure of themselves. Kind of like “let’s do this”.

Nice. I’m impressed. Seem like real down to earth people and I’m glad they didn’t find it at all hard to convict one of their own. They saw what he really was and the state said they were super attentive.

I can only imagine how hard that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member