GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will happen. I think the general feeling will be that the taxpayers' dollars are better spent elsewhere. She's old, she's 'lost' her son and granddaughter - the very son and granddaughter she was trying to 'save' by pleading the 5th. She got stuck outside the courtroom during the trial. She's highly unlikely to be a criminal threat to anyone else. She didn't come out of this a winner.

Interesting that she was going to plead the 5th long before the jailhouse shenanigans began. I still can't think what she could have done personally that was criminal - I still think she would have pled the 5th to avoid incriminating PF. That's not legal, of course, but if they can't prove it (and they can't), she can get away with it

BBM:

I'm not at all sure that she's not a criminal threat to anyone else.
I think if PF told her to do something for him from the outside, she'd do it.
Period.

I can think of several things she may have done that were criminal.
She may or may not have lied to LE when they first interviewed her.
She may or may not have asked others to lie for PF.
Both of those things would be obstruction of justice.

She also may or may not have known KB's body was in the tote that PF set alight at the franch.
A human body was burned on her property.
She came out on the porch and watched the flames leaping.
Either she had no idea what was burning in that fire.
Or....
She did.

JMO.

Last edited:
Slagle said Frazee told him about a package at Berreth’s townhome, and around Dec. 2, he asked Slagle to pick it up for him. Slagle said Frazee told him that the Woodland Park Police Department had reached out to let him know about the package. The state published surveillance video that they said showed Slagle at Berreth’s home picking up the package and leaving. He said he noticed the surveillance camera when he got out of his truck but had also seen it on previous visits to her townhome.

I'm not good at copying/pasting, but the above paragraph jumped out at me. How many times had Slagle gone to KB's home? He said he saw the surveillance camera on previous visits to her home??????
That first paragraph is directly from Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial article.

Good catch!

IIRC, PF's truck was in the shop and RS was giving him a ride - it might have been the same day they were doing PF's 'alibi run' and went to the bank for video. PF wanted to stop and get the package. RS told him to stay in the truck so the cameras wouldn't catch him. I recall wondering if that was the first that PF knew about the cameras at KB's condo.

I also thought it was odd because supposedly RS believed in his friend's innocence and nothing had really come out yet establishing that KB had been murdered. It seemed overzealous for RS to worry about an allegedly innocent man being caught on camera retrieving a package addressed to his daughter from the front porch of her missing mother's condo - particularly when he had been specifically asked to do so by his missing partner's mother. It was a perfectly legit reason for an 'innocent' man to stop by, no reason for him to fear being on camera.

BBM:

Period.

She also may or may not have known KB's body was in the tote that PF set alight at the franch.
Or....
She did.

JMO.
PF was pretty loose-lipped with his surrogate dad, JM ("I figured out a way to kill her"), so I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he would have told his mom what he burned in that huge fire. MOO

@Seattle1 said:
This was my very first post after videos were released. IMO, her attorney was not present during the first 5 minutes of this video in KB's condo.

At the very beginning of the condo video there is no sound, just people standing around waiting for the camera to be set up. Approximately a minute and a half of this. Then the sound comes on, the camera operator makes some adjustments and tells them to wait a few seconds to start. The LEO in the white longsleeved shirt then gives the date and time, says something like “we’re here with Krystal Lee”, etc and then he says “her attorney is here” and kind of motions off camera to his front left. Some versions of the video might cut that part out, but it would appear her attorney was there, just off camera.

Thanks for correction-- I meant video at the franch and not KB's condo.

It's in the recorded walk thru at Patrick's (video #34-1) that investigator stops KK in the first 5 mins and advises her that that they have an agreement with her attorney not to talk about something she's offering. (Her attorney is not identified as being present at that time around 8:30 AM in Florissant, CO).

34 1 Walk thru at Patrick's

CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

BBM:

Period.

Or....
She did.
Agree. And I might add...I was trying to understand sf and I kinda felt sorry for her for a long time. But she really lost her integrity when she pled the 5th. That just doesn't work well...even if its your son, because you'll go down with him in some way. The end result being: you lose him, as well as the respect of others!
Its way better for a mom to tell it straight even if it kills her...no matter the pain. Bite the bullet so to speak.
And it IS possible for a mom to do the right thing. It's been done before....

PF was pretty loose-lipped with his surrogate dad, JM ("I figured out a way to kill her"), so I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he would have told his mom what he burned in that huge fire. MOO
Agree. I think he eventially told her (if not at the first phone call) soon after the murder...

PF, by all accounts, was stone faced for most of his trial. But he lifted his head when KK mentioned her daughter on the stand.

I hope KK's ex husband is CONFIRMED as the father of her children.

Might explain PF's hold over her, if not.

MOO MOO MOO
Read similar report from court at the time but it sounded like when her daughters name was stated is when his head lifted to look at her. I remember wishing I knew and any significance?

This! I think PF desperately wanted to share all his schemes (and eventual actions) with someone face-to-face. Some folks have been skeptical of the alleged details he told KK, but I'm not. I think he thought these things over in his mind again and again - like replaying your favorite parts of a movie over and over again - and KK seems to have been the one person he thought he could tell anything to and not be worried about her reaction. Even if repulsed, his secrets were safe with her - or so he thought.

Oddly enough, other than perhaps SF, KK knew him more intimately than anyone. He seems to have played a role to every person we know he came in regular contact and even in such a small place, he didn't worry about playing conflicting roles with people who might conceivably run into each other.

He slipped once with JM - when he complained about the attention the case was getting and said if he'd known how it was going to be, he wouldn't have..... Two questions for the folks here: if SF grilled him on whether or not he killed KB - or even if it was her body in the tote - would PF break down and tell his mother the truth? Now that most of PF's socializing will be his jailmates (and the inevitable female groupie penpals), will PF still proclaim his innocence or will he admit to what he did? Will he go halfway and claim he walked in on a mess but was still innocent of the murder?

I don't know how he expects to reconcile the image of a desperate innocent father thinking only of his daughter's welfare and the nasty animal who was quick to ask for the murder of his mistress and moreover, kept thinking up ways to make her murder a prolonged and degrading experience.

If PF had gotten off and SF had never said a word, I think it would have gotten the better of PF and at some point, he would have 'accidentally on purpose' dropped remarks taunting her for knowing he is a murderer and still defending him.

Read similar report from court at the time but it sounded like when her daughters name was stated is when his head lifted to look at her. I remember wishing I knew and any significance?

I thought it was when she started talking on the stand about getting the abortion that PF looked up...don't remember exactly when/where I heard it, though.

JMO.

This! I think PF desperately wanted to share all his schemes (and eventual actions) with someone face-to-face. Some folks have been skeptical of the alleged details he told KK, but I'm not. I think he thought these things over in his mind again and again - like replaying your favorite parts of a movie over and over again - and KK seems to have been the one person he thought he could tell anything to and not be worried about her reaction. Even if repulsed, his secrets were safe with her - or so he thought.

Oddly enough, other than perhaps SF, KK knew him more intimately than anyone. He seems to have played a role to every person we know he came in regular contact and even in such a small place, he didn't worry about playing conflicting roles with people who might conceivably run into each other.

He slipped once with JM - when he complained about the attention the case was getting and said if he'd known how it was going to be, he wouldn't have..... Two questions for the folks here: if SF grilled him on whether or not he killed KB - or even if it was her body in the tote - would PF break down and tell his mother the truth? Now that most of PF's socializing will be his jailmates (and the inevitable female groupie penpals), will PF still proclaim his innocence or will he admit to what he did? Will he go halfway and claim he walked in on a mess but was still innocent of the murder?

I don't know how he expects to reconcile the image of a desperate innocent father thinking only of his daughter's welfare and the nasty animal who was quick to ask for the murder of his mistress and moreover, kept thinking up ways to make her murder a prolonged and degrading experience.

If PF had gotten off and SF had never said a word, I think it would have gotten the better of PF and at some point, he would have 'accidentally on purpose' dropped remarks taunting her for knowing he is a murderer and still defending him.
It was even more incriminating when he told JM he had figured out a way to murder Kelsey. It was almost as if he was bragging about it.

I do think that if his mother had asked him about it he would have admitted he murdered her. But I also think it's possible that she knew without him having to say a word.

I think in prison he may eventually admit to the murder, but he will probably say he did it in order to protect his child.

However I don't think he will even talk about it unless it involves getting someone to help him get rid of someone he believes is responsible for putting him behind bars.

Imo

Picture doesn't do it justice. It's quite large in person.

Also, say he does bring this tote in in that picture. Where in the heck in her tiny place does he hide it while he runs his errands? I'm pretty sure it would stick out anywhere in there and be easily noticeable...

Told her it was a toy box maybe? A present?

Thanks Pommy, I had not seen this one:
NOV 22, 2019
RAW: Photos show Patrick Frazee outside Kelsey Berreth's apartment the day of her murder
A sequence of surveillance photos from outside Kelsey Berreth's apartment the day of her murder
A sequence of surveillance photos from outside Kelsey's home

----

Does anyone else see what I see over PF's right shoulder in the shot of him with the door open that was recorded at at 4:20:59? It is about 23 seconds into the video. The door is open and we can see the wall inside. I don't want to say what I think I'm seeing in case it's my eyes playing tricks on me. But I can't un-see it now. :eek::mad:
Where Patrick appears to be leaning over as in pushing something dark into the front door? I'm thinking he's pushing the black tote into her condo.

Good catch!

IIRC, PF's truck was in the shop and RS was giving him a ride - it might have been the same day they were doing PF's 'alibi run' and went to the bank for video. PF wanted to stop and get the package. RS told him to stay in the truck so the cameras wouldn't catch him. I recall wondering if that was the first that PF knew about the cameras at KB's condo.

I also thought it was odd because supposedly RS believed in his friend's innocence and nothing had really come out yet establishing that KB had been murdered. It seemed overzealous for RS to worry about an allegedly innocent man being caught on camera retrieving a package addressed to his daughter from the front porch of her missing mother's condo - particularly when he had been specifically asked to do so by his missing partner's mother. It was a perfectly legit reason for an 'innocent' man to stop by, no reason for him to fear being on camera.

I agree with you, ajaylee.
If RS thought PF was innocent, not knowing KB had been murdered by PF, why does RS, not want PF retrieving the package, as would be seen on cameras.

Patrick Frazee's ex told how his mother watched as he burned Kelsey Berreth's body | Daily Mail Online
I think we already knew this. Horrible woman.
Of course she knew.
Was hoping for further charges.

KK had better watch her back as SF may want revenge for the witness testimony that 'ruined' her son !
Added the photo from the DM.
Not a happy woman.
Still haven't forgotten how she and PF's sister treated Kelsey.

View attachment 217711

Imagining Kelsey being confronted with a similar look on SF's face, it certainly would scare Kelsey.
How often would they be face to face, both knowing Kelsey was not wanted.
Very distressing for Kelsey.

BBM:

Period.

Or....
She did.

JMO.

Adding: She also may or may not know where Kelsey’s remains are.

^^^
THIS!
Dan May nailed it. Real justice would be KB living her life and raising her daughter in a loving environment.

PF being removed from society to never harm another, and baby K in the arms of her maternal grandparents is next best.

As for KKL, she got a deal, but having a felony conviction on her record, and being internationally shamed and universally hated is her life sentence, in addition to any time she will serve. And I, too, hope she gets the max the law will allow. Dan May did what was necessary to put PF away. I'm grateful for that. MOO

And, if she comes out of prison advocating for prisoner rights, let's hope everyone boo-hoos this idea. Prison sentences /conditions have a purpose...to alter criminal behavior.
Yeah I definitely think he's a smart man. He had sequestered all of PF's family. So nobody, I mean nobody, would be in there to support him. Now that strategic!!!!

I just saw the Kelsey Vase that KB's brother made for her! It is stunning! It's not on Ruston Furrow's web page but can be seen on a certain social media page. I hope I'm allowed to speak of this! They can't duplicate Kelsey's color of vase but offer several other colors. Please delete if not allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly