GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across an article about a case in the UK where a boyfriend beat his girlfriend to death, with a metal pipe, while she in the shower. He has a cross dressing fetish for which she decided to leave him so he killed her. The idiot UK judge gave him 17 years with over 200 days knocked off for time served. While that kind of stupidity does, occasionally, occur in the US, I'm so grateful it's not the norm, as it is across the pond. WTF is that matter with those people? The girl's family is very upset and, I think, is trying to appeal this ridiculous sentence. What a slap in the face to the victim and her family. Thank God for Judge Sells.

It seems to me that the UK is somewhat light on sentences overall (looking as an outsider). But look at many areas of the USA and you will see that the same thing exists. Especially for crimes against children. I can never understand how some judges and juries put so little value on the lives of the most vulnerable members of our society that they simply seem to let it go. Ditto with rape. And where I live people who have committed very serious crimes are regularly let out on bail, even if it is murder. Around here it’s the luck of the draw for violent criminals.

Find me a perfect place to go and I’ll be on my way, but I’m not sure that exists.

JMO

Do people take baby carriers [empty] into stores ?
yes. i have seen people with empty baby carriers in walmart and target. caveat is it appeared as though perhaps the baby was with mom in a different part of the store while male was in sporting goods or while checking out the child was with other parent sitting down waiting for checkout to end. i see empty baby carriers frequently.

Paid them bail and a vague promise that there might be loot they can take. It was silly and baby mush and delusional to think anyone would take him up on that offer.

After all the evidence and ignorance on PF's part regarding surveillance cameras and cell phone pings, it occurred to me that PF possibly watched Forensic Files and some of the true crime shows. Most of those shows are way before cell phone's and technology. That would explain a statement allegedly made to an ex GF about hiding a body.

He made his diabolical plan using cases without today's technology.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around anyone today thinking they could drive and walk around in society and not leave a footprint somewhere. MOO

I gotta say I'm VERY encouraged. These violent husbands are trying to outwit LE, and the potential jurors by cleaning up the crime scenes.
But they are failing!!! (Think Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, Watts, etc).
Now let's see if they can get Jennifer Dulos, mother of 5, murderer.

i think it was reported that he remains there until a hearing in early dec. but i can't find the tweet. MOO.

I believe it's more likely they are waiting for a bed at the Denver DOC intake facility (backlog report). PF attends the custody hearings telephonically and no need for him to remain in Teller County for 12/5 hearing. (I believe that was the opinion of the reporter).

MOO

ETA: I'm quite annoyed he's still a convenient distance for visits from mommy dearest.

Last edited:
Do people take baby carriers [empty] into stores ?
Normal mentally healthy people rarely if ever bring an empty baby carrier with them into stores etc. There are not many reasonable reasons too. One reason I can think of would be bringing one in a store to pick up a baby from someone else, but even then having the carrier isn't necessary.

I worked at a grocery store for 10 years and I only remember 1 lady who would always bring an empty baby carrier on top of a stroller. She did this all the time and talked to the empty carrier. She, however was not normal or mentally healthy.
MOO

Normal mentally healthy people rarely if ever bring an empty baby carrier with them into stores etc. There are not many reasonable reasons too. One reason I can think of would be bringing one in a store to pick up a baby from someone else, but even then having the carrier isn't necessary.

I worked at a grocery store for 10 years and I only remember 1 lady who would always bring an empty baby carrier on top of a stroller. She did this all the time and talked to the empty carrier. She, however was not normal or mentally healthy.
MOO

Thanks for sharing your personal observation. I have a friend that trains personnel working in retail security/surveillance detail. They watch monitors all day and I was surprised to learn how strollers, baby carriers, are right up there with large bags as tools used by shoplifters.

(After that -- I'd be suspicious of empty carrier)...:eek:

Slagle said Frazee told him about a package at Berreth’s townhome, and around Dec. 2, he asked Slagle to pick it up for him. Slagle said Frazee told him that the Woodland Park Police Department had reached out to let him know about the package. The state published surveillance video that they said showed Slagle at Berreth’s home picking up the package and leaving. He said he noticed the surveillance camera when he got out of his truck but had also seen it on previous visits to her townhome.

I'm not good at copying/pasting, but the above paragraph jumped out at me. How many times had Slagle gone to KB's home? He said he saw the surveillance camera on previous visits to her home??????
That first paragraph is directly from Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial article.
That jumped out at me too. I'm really not feeling any sympathy for these characters that bent over backward to aid,PF,only to end up on the Elk Hunt list. They can reap their just rewards. I don't think they testified to help Kesley find justice really. They are all in CYA mode. Lucky for them the Hardened Criminal is the only one who did the right thing.
MOO

CO Courts
@CoCourts

A decorum order is now in place for the Dec. 2, 2019, status hearing in 19CR17, People v. Krystal Jean Lee Kenney. The order is available at https://courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=2906. #CoLaw

No live reporting again. I wonder if she will get a circus tent like PF.

I get the feeling that the tent was requisitioned just for this case -- won't be surprised if they erect it for KK too.

Unlike PF's decorum order -- nothing unusual for KK. No live reporting from within the courtroom but reporters won't have to cross the street to transmit their tweets!

Last edited:
Seattle1 said:
snipped by me....
I believe it's more likely they are waiting for a bed at the Denver DOC intake facility (backlog report). PF attends the custody hearings telephonically and no need for him to remain in Teller County for 12/2 hearing. (I believe that was the opinion of the reporter).

Actually the child custody hearing is on 12/5, KK has review hearing on 12/2.

Thanks @Niner -- in time to edit. :)

110x63px-LL-17973d72_THUMBS.gif

Slagle said Frazee told him about a package at Berreth’s townhome, and around Dec. 2, he asked Slagle to pick it up for him. Slagle said Frazee told him that the Woodland Park Police Department had reached out to let him know about the package. The state published surveillance video that they said showed Slagle at Berreth’s home picking up the package and leaving. He said he noticed the surveillance camera when he got out of his truck but had also seen it on previous visits to her townhome.

I'm not good at copying/pasting, but the above paragraph jumped out at me. How many times had Slagle gone to KB's home? He said he saw the surveillance camera on previous visits to her home??????
That first paragraph is directly from Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial article.
That has always bugged me. Kelsey was not close to him and I can't see him being in her condo at any time, unless Patrick perhaps was picking up the baby or dropping her off, and Slagle was in the truck with them.

Still, it had me wondering about the unknown male (and female) DNA.

That has always bugged me. Kelsey was not close to him and I can't see him being in her condo at any time, unless Patrick perhaps was picking up the baby or dropping her off, and Slagle was in the truck with them.

Still, it had me wondering about the unknown male (and female) DNA.

I have no concerns about RS entering KB's condo but I have little doubt that he was part of the "surveillance" by request of PF -- looking for any morsel he could use to accuse KB of bad parenting and obtain custody.

PF told JM he had photos of KB leaving their child unattended but could not produce them when asked. I wouldn't be surprised if he was also dropping RS name to JM.

As to unidentified DNA -- I think finding DNA belonging to the prior owner of condo helped satisfy any question in jurors' minds. It did mine.

MOO

MOO
I wonder in that lady's case, if she lost a child.

PF and KK were both feeling sick on Thursday, Nov. 7, which was prior to the prosecution's knowledge of the notes. MOO

Sam Kraemer TV
November 7
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5 LUNCHTIME NOTES:
• It’s been a weird day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t actually begin until 10:30. When we did, Judge Scott Sells said the delay was due to Patrick Frazee feeling sick this morning. He said Krystal Kenney didn’t feel well either. The delay allowed them to give Frazee some medicine and begin the day.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member