CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing since Nov. 22 - not reported until Dec. 2nd. Was seen shopping with the baby (not confirmed by family yet??) baby is safe with father? (Not confirmed yet) this sounds like she made her family aware of her holiday plans, so Thanksgiving comes and goes with no one worrying about her as can happen in families who live far from each other. You know what is not normal IMO - that a mother does not check on her child for 10 days. Who had the child? Why didn't that person raise the red flag? Sounds like after the holiday her mother tried to reach her which is normal and hadn't and was probably getting nowhere. Sadly I think I know what happened here. Looks like the police also know what happened and everyone is walking on eggshells so that the person can continue to cooperate and step in it, make a mistake. IMO
AGREE 100%

Let's all remember that the police have emphasized that this is merely a missing persons case at this point.

The thing that stands out most to me is the cell phone ping nearly halfway between where she was last seen and the missing person's parent's home.

Other than that, there have been other missing persons cases in the general vicinity, such as...

Micah Lambert
Found Deceased - CO - Micah Lambert, 39, Colorado Springs, 23 Sept 2017
Micah walked up in the National Forest and committed suicide but her body wasn't found until six months later.

and Kevin Rudnicki
CO - CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018
Kevin just went for a hike on a Sunday morning and never returned. He has yet to be found.

The simplest explanation is usually the most likely. But for that pinging cell phone...

Not sure if this was mentioned but there's only one Safeway in Woodland Park and it's located at 1101 E US Hwy 24.

Correct. Woodland Park is a small town. not much there.

edit to say: if anyone has any questions about the town, my grandparents were from there. I also lived close by in colorado springs for 7~ years so know the area pretty well.

Last edited:
I really think LE gave big clues in the press conference as to what they think happened, and I’m in that camp too. But since they haven’t named a POI yet can’t discuss it here.

In the meantime, here’s the scenario that crossed my mind before the press conference. What if K went for a day flight w/another pilot that needed hours to keep current? It’s been a while since I flew and rules may have chamged but private pilots used to have to do three take-offs and landings every three months to keep their license current. Often that involved a few hours in a plane doing touch and go’s or flying to a nearby airport, landing then taking off to another nearby airport, landing, maybe seeing some local sights then returning home. It can get boring and isn’t unusual for a pilot to invite another pilot w/them for company.

I can imagine someone K met at a nearby airport saying “you aren’t doing anything for Thanksgiving? I’m not either. Do you want to keep me company while I get my hours?”

If they picked her up at home K would likely have taken her purse but nothing else. That person could have flown pretty much anywhere, taken her “out for lunch”, assaulted her once away from the airport and abandoned her body. He could return the rented plane as expected and no-one would know she’d ever been with him.

Conceivably he could have rented the plane for several days and flown to Idaho w/her phone. They only charge you for engine hours and over Thanksgiving weekend no-one would bat an eye at a plane being used for 4 days. Yes, he’d have to refuel but random private planes land all the time at airports to refuel — no-one would give it a second thought. If he was flying VFR there would be no need to file a flight plan and unless someone knew to try and piece together where that plane went, no reason anyone would ever suspect him.

If LE doesn’t have any solid leads, they might want to look at private planes that landed near the area where the cell phone pinged that day to see if any were from Colorado.

But, I suspect LE has other more promising avenues to explore.

We still don't know who has primary custody of the child. If it is the father, and the family are all out of state, and they don't celebrate holidays on religious grounds then it is not that strange that KB wasn't reported missing for a while. If you have an acrimonious separation you don't necessarily need to 'speak' to a one year old every day on the phone.

What would be unusual, IF it's the case, would be for the father to be given custody in the first place, IF that is the case (we simply don't know). Wouldn't it? For a one year old baby?

IF the father were to have been given custody, then I can also imagine a scenario where the mother takes off, feeling that she is unwanted, or useless. I'm not saying she IS any of those things, of course she isn't.

If the father does not have custody, then wouldn't KB's mother have raised a red flag on November 25th when she realised the child was still with him?

All I mean is, there is a difference between a mother who has custody of her child going away on a trip without her child, and a mother who does not have custody. JMO, no judgement on mothers who don't have custody.

Let's all remember that the police have emphasized that this is merely a missing persons case at this point.
The simplest explanation is usually the most likely. But for that pinging cell phone...

But she has a one year old child, which makes it different, I think.

Also, my partner loves to hike. If she went missing I would be out in those woods searching. I'd be calling on the local community to come out into the mountains and help me search. That isn't happening in this situation.

Correct. Woodland Park is a small town. not much there.

edit to say: if anyone has any questions about the town, my grandparents were from there. I also lived close by in colorado springs for 7~ years so know the area pretty well.

My Grandparents lived there too! My Grandma worked at the cow hand store when I was younger and I have wonderful memories of Woodland park.

I wonder if Kelsey moved there originally to live near her fiance until they got married and moved in together but then she got pregnant and the wedding never happened?

I'm surprised Kelsey didn't live with her fiancé seeing as how he's a rancher with a huge property. I haven't read anywhere that she's super religious outside of her mom saying she loves her God. I would be surprised if she was that worried about family's opinions of her having a baby with someone she's engaged to but living apart. And this woman is a 29 year old pilot. She has to be on some level incredibly driven and responsible. She sounds independent, living in another state on her own. A pilot isn't texting their work the day before like they work at a fast food joint saying they won't be in for a week. That week is long gone anyway... Too weird. All of it.

I'm surprised Kelsey didn't live with her fiancé seeing as how he's a rancher with a huge property. I haven't read anywhere that she's super religious outside of her mom saying she loves her God. I would be surprised if she was that worried about family's opinions of her having a baby with someone she's engaged to but living apart. And this woman is a 29 year old pilot. She has to be on some level incredibly driven and responsible. She sounds independent, living in another state on her own. A pilot isn't texting their work the day before like they work at a fast food joint saying they won't be in for a week. That week is long gone anyway... Too weird. All of it.

We are not allowed to sleuth anyone.

News coverage this morning on early morning shows.
No planes missing
Last seen with baby at 12:27 pm shopping at Safeway in Woodland Park
Fiancé picked up daughter at her home on Thanksgiving Day
Cold cinnamon buns on counter when wellfare check done. Sorry had to bring up rolls but to me this is indicative that she left that day.
Pings and texts sent 3 days later from Idaho.

ETA to correct auto correct yet again. Pings!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member