Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Qmfr, I see forgot to add the msm link for reference:

http://www.9news.com/news/local/amb...-girl-missing-since-wednesday-night/446829048 )

"This is not the conclusion and end we were hoping for,” said Matt Barnes with the Thornton Police Department.

They did not release an official cause of death or any suspects in the child's death. No one is in custody at this time. The case is currently be handled as a homicide.

“We aren’t ruling anything out. This is obviously an active investigation,” said Barnes."

Snip

"Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Thornton Police Tip Line 720-977-5069."

So it's confirmed?

RIP Kiaya. I hope we'll find out what exactly happened.

The volunteers, 500 of them at least, starting out with great hope and determination to find this little girl whom they had never met, ended up in tears and hugging one another after they heard the news.

Such humanity. I can't find the right words to express how I feel about volunteers who show up to help. They always show up.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/08/kiaya-campbell-body-found-thornton/

Anything for you!

missing-girl_007.jpg

Caption under photo #7
Thornton police officers keep guard over the scene of where the body of a young girl has been found on June 8, 2017 in Thornton. 10 year old Kiaya Campbell had been missing since late last night. Around 5:30 pm police called off the search as a body of a young girl had been found in the Riverdale Park neighborhood at Monoco Way and Jasmine Court. A walking path as well as a drainage area, between homes in the neighborhood, is where the body was found.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/08/kiaya-campbell-body-found-thornton/

I am so heartbroken to hear this.
Fly high baby girl.
Im speechless. Dont want to believe that someone did this to her. Sadly the odds are against death by misadventure.

I'm heartbroken. RIP Kaiya :rose:

I really don't want this to be a homicide. Could she have been struck by lightening? I know....I'm grasping at straws.

I'm heartbroken. RIP Kaiya :rose:

I really don't want this to be a homicide. Could she have been struck by lightening? I know....I'm grasping at straws.

I wondered the same thing. It's possible, but statistics being what they are ...

Just checking in for cod. So very sad for her family.

Thanks so much for the maps, guys...It helps to see the area.

IMO it will be a quick arrest. I hope kiaya getsxthe justice she deserves

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thornton police conduct intense investigation into circumstances of 10-year-old girl’s death
A key part of the investigation is an autopsy scheduled Friday morning, said Officer Victor Avila
- 1-hour ago

Thornton police and Colorado Bureau of Investigation authorities are conducting an intense investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of a 10-year-old girl, officials say.

A key part of the investigation is an autopsy scheduled Friday morning, said Officer Victor Avila, Thornton Police Department spokesman.

Kiaya Campbell was reported missing Wednesday night. A body was discovered Thursday in a green belt area about two miles from where the girl disappeared Wednesday night during a heavy rainstorm.

~snip

Homicide investigators have been involved in the investigation from the beginning, Avila said. That does not mean authorities doubt the possibility that Kiaya was swept away in a flash flood or that there is something suspicious about the circumstances of her death. No one is being held in connection with the investigation, he said.

“We’re at the beginning of a very, very large investigation,” Avila said.

More at link:http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/thornton-police-death-investigation/

Sorry, triggering...

I'm wondering if they need the autopsy to figure out if she drowned or was strangled.

I was listening to CPR (NPR affiliate) today as they were covering local news and there was zero mention of this. My social media is quiet, too. Isn't that odd? A 10 year old girl murdered and it's quiet?

I was listening to CPR (NPR affiliate) today as they were covering local news and there was zero mention of this. My social media is quiet, too. Isn't that odd? A 10 year old girl murdered and it's quiet?

I find that NPR affiliates rarely report on crime. In Seattle, KUOW and KEXP never really do ---- no missing persons, no murders.

Interesting. I guess I'm flashing back to Jessica, where it was a huge focus and everyone was aware and discussing it.

Is it a possible she started running towards shelter away from her dad's home but thought we was running towards it and slipped and fell.... hitting head?

I feel like if this was an accident it should be pretty easily to tell by how / where her body was found?

Also, not exactly sure how you lose someone in a rain storm... Don't you run in the SAME direction towards the nearest shelter?

Sorry, triggering...

I'm wondering if they need the autopsy to figure out if she drowned or was strangled.

Yes, and other things. But drowning can also be homicide. They are very good at what they do, the truth will come out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz