Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's a good mapmaker? I'd like to see one of where they started from, where they were going, where they got separated, and where she was found....I just don't know how to begin..

Here are photos of maps with relevant locations marked. Mods, please delete if these are against TOS.

#1 is a regular map showing all locations of events.

7d9e06f9c48814b5d1c09e7a7a73c81f.jpg

#2 is a "street view" close up of where the body was found.

7d85a9789cd44f9c35d927348bb1cdde.jpg

#3 has 2 areas circled. These are important.

628a3870de51e16c3c3fefd06ebc441c.jpg

#4 is a close up of the southmost circled area from #3. To me, this looks like it could be a bike trail tunnel under the busy intersection of 128th and Jasmine, which would match with the culture of the area in that it has a lot of trails and green spaces.

cef88e66631a4d40bf76e27fa6461023.jpg

I am still researching information about last night's weather in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SerenitySprings, your location for where the body was found and for the shopping center are off. The body was found about a half mile from the tunnel, and the shopping center is on the northeast corner of the intersection.

@SerinitySprings

I think you have the location of the body too close to 128. I think it was found behind some houses on Jasmine Court and Monoco Way.

I am currently within 10 miles of where she went missing and there was maybe a light drizzle for 20 minutes at the most. No rainstorm happened there. We got that "information" from the 15 y/o. Theories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 miles is a pretty large distance meteorologically, esp here in CO. I live in a 15mile radius of her dads home and saw lightning storms all night up north.

There were small thunderstorms cell activity all last night and I don't doubt for one sec that there wasn't a fast moving intense cell that passed through her area. That literally happens all the time here in CO, esp during this season.

I'm not saying the boy is being truthful or not; but, the story of an intense and quick storm is entirely plausible because it was active last night.

Regardless if there were strong storms or not...I can't see a path that would sweep her via flood from Colorado Blvd to where she ended up.

ETA - If in fact she even was on Colorado Blvd.

Regardless if their were strong storms or not...I can't see a path that would sweep her via flood from Colorado Blvd to where she ended up.

ETA - If in fact she even was on Colorado Blvd.

Sorry if my post was misinterpreted. I also should say I never thought she was caught in a flash flood. That's just so unlikely for that terrain. If they were in Boulder, CO or in a canyon that would be different.

I interpreted the boys story as they were outside and became separated because of the storm (because they can build quickly and be scary) and maybe she ran for shelter, or something? I don't know, but I do know some people panic during a lightning storm.

I would absolutely not believe she was ever washed away (my BFF lives on Eastlake) and I'm very familiar with that area.

I do think it's suspicious and I probably share the same suspicions that people here have regarding a 10 year old w/ a 15 year old. But, hopefully we'll know answers soon.

I am still researching information about last night's weather in that area.

Another local here...the storms did not roll in until much later last night and while there was lightning going on, it was nothing that would cause you to run separate ways and take cover, IMO.

Such a sad end to this situation. I pray we get answers soon.

I will post this in 2 posts due to photo limits.

1. Whole area:

d5f8e029d6c87e731f4e68310ec116aa.jpg

2. Home:

3567e113d795c371b5be87810c1f6273.jpg

3. Separation:

20ed007ef59c2c7e20323e5c7f02a3b0.jpg

I mean, MAYBE the story works? They're walking (though the time was off or the teen wasn't really paying attention to time), it starts thundering and lighting. She's still just 10 and maybe getting nervous and wants to go back. He doesn't want to so they willfully become separated. She backtracks the wrong way through Eastlake (I guess? Just trying to figure out why they'd have searched there), she gets lost.

But...that still doesn't explain how she ended up on the other side of her dad's place in some person's yard. Maybe somebody saw her and then took her?

But we know usually the simplest explanations are the best.

I mean, MAYBE the story works? They're walking (though the time was off or the teen wasn't really paying attention to time), it starts thundering and lighting. She's still just 10 and maybe getting nervous and wants to go back. He doesn't want to so they willfully become separated. She backtracks the wrong way through Eastlake (I guess? Just trying to figure out why they'd have searched there), she gets lost.

But...that still doesn't explain how she ended up on the other side of her dad's place in some person's yard. Maybe somebody saw her and then took her?

But we know usually the simplest explanations are the best.

ITA. And either way usually when people lie, they offer "truthful" details. I do believe there was a very quick storm. But that doesn't mean I also believe the rest of the story; it's plausible that she panicked because of the storm and maybe she ran in one direction and for all we know he could have followed her (or not) and maybe he was involved in her death (or not) and the storm was the precipitating event leading up to her demise.

It's very possible Occam's razor is the most plausible explanation but it doesn't also mean there wasn't a storm (just because he may be lying about what he knows, and about what happened, doesn't mean everything he says is a lie). It can be the truth there was a storm; it doesn't mean he is or isn't telling the entire truth. (For some reason, I get the feeling the detail about the storm is probably an important one.)

I also get that statistically speaking, the odds are that she died by someone she knew, the perpetrator is a male, and most likely there was a SA element to the crime... Those are irrefutable statistics.

If it does turn out to be a case where the stats are correct, I'm sure we'll all know that very soon.

Delete if not allowed but I wanted to share somethings about kiaya ... She loved art was amazingly talented for a 10 yo at drawing. She loved making things and anything to do with art. She had a smile that could light up a room she enjoyed being outdoors and fishing. I just want to pay tribute to this beautiful little girl

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Delete if not allowed but I wanted to share somethings about kiaya ... She loved art was amazingly talented for a 10 yo at drawing. She loved making things and anything to do with art. She had a smile that could light up a room she enjoyed being outdoors and fishing. I just want to pay tribute to this beautiful little girl

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am so very sorry for the loss of Kiaya. It's just so tragic and senseless for anyone to have to suffer a child's death. I'm not sure there are many tragedies as heartbreaking as losing a beautiful young spirit with so much potential.

My condolences to you and Kiaya's family.

Aw man...so sorry to log on and see this...

My deepest condolences to all who loved and knew Kiaya...another little one gone too soon.

Kiaya
:rose:

"This is not the conclusion and end we were hoping for,” said Matt Barnes with the Thornton Police Department.

They did not release an official cause of death or any suspects in the child's death. No one is in custody at this time. The case is currently be handled as a homicide.

“We aren’t ruling anything out. This is obviously an active investigation,” said Barnes."

Snip

"Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Thornton Police Tip Line 720-977-5069."

Search called off for missing 10-year-old Thornton girl Kiaya Campbell; Death investigation underway
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ornton-10-year-old-went-missing-in-rain-storm

"An active death investigation is now underway.*

Approximately 23 different agencies from across the state worked together by searching trails, open spaces and even bodies of water to find the girl. An AMBER Alert was also issued by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the police department even recruited the public to help in the search.

"This is an active investigation and we want to have a successful conclusion and a successful prosecution if we do find the person responsible," the spokesperson said."

Thornton police find child’s body after search for missing 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell
The body was found about two miles east of the location where Campbell was last seen
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/08/kiaya-campbell-body-found-thornton/

*photos at link (can someone please post photo #7 (description: "Thornton police officers keep guard over the scene of where the body of a young girl has been found on June 8, 2017 in Thornton. 10 year old Kiaya Campbell had been missing since late last night. Around 5:30 pm police called off the search as a body of a young girl had been found in the Riverdale Park neighborhood at Monoco Way and Jasmine Court. A walking path as well as a drainage area, between homes in the neighborhood, is where the body was found.")

Tia, having tech difficulties.)

"Officers cordoned off an area in a green space near Jasmine Court and Monaco Way. The discovery came hours after Kiaya Campbell went missing while walking with a teenage boy.

Authorities believe they’ve found the girl’s body but are waiting positive identification, which will be made by the Adams County coroner’s office, said Matt Barnes, a police spokesman.

After the discovery, police were working to determine how the girl’s body came to be in the area and what caused her death."

Thornton police find child’s body after search for missing 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell
The body was found about two miles east of the location where Campbell was last seen
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/08/kiaya-campbell-body-found-thornton/

*photos at link (can someone please post photo #7 (description: "Thornton police officers keep guard over the scene of where the body of a young girl has been found on June 8, 2017 in Thornton. 10 year old Kiaya Campbell had been missing since late last night. Around 5:30 pm police called off the search as a body of a young girl had been found in the Riverdale Park neighborhood at Monoco Way and Jasmine Court. A walking path as well as a drainage area, between homes in the neighborhood, is where the body was found.")

Tia, having tech difficulties.)

"Officers cordoned off an area in a green space near Jasmine Court and Monaco Way. The discovery came hours after Kiaya Campbell went missing while walking with a teenage boy.

Authorities believe they’ve found the girl’s body but are waiting positive identification, which will be made by the Adams County coroner’s office, said Matt Barnes, a police spokesman.

After the discovery, police were working to determine how the girl’s body came to be in the area and what caused her death."

Anything for you!

missing-girl_007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members