Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that NPR affiliates rarely report on crime. In Seattle, KUOW and KEXP never really do ---- no missing persons, no murders.

NPR is soothing ... arty ... philanthropic ... above the fray. Ivory towers and all that. I do love car talk! JMO.

Another local here- I have to say, I have been a member on this site for years (Kyron Horman brought me here) and I'm amazed by how many posters live so close to me! I live about 2 miles west of where she left, and my mom lives about 4 blocks south of where she was found. (121st and Holly) Like others, I can guarantee you that there was no flash flood that swept her away. I have seen torrential rains sweep through here only a time or two in the past, and that area has proper drainage and did not result in flooding. Also, both myself and my mother did not get any real rain that night until it was long past dark, after 10. So if she was walking in BETWEEN my mother and I (which she was) there is little possibility she got hit by a ton of rain and neither I nor my mother did.

I would like to think this is a case of her just playing by the drainage ditch and falling in, and her "friend" covering up for fear he'd be disciplined for not keeping a closer eye on her, but sadly, that's not what my gut tells me. I just wish the police would give us more info. Should the parents in the area be concerned about a random murderer of young girls on the loose??? I mean, seriously. I have an 8 year old and a 13 year old and my 13 year old often hangs out on the trail that connects between my home and Eastlake. Obviously, I will not be allowing her to do that now until I know for sure the person responsible for this is behind bars (assuming there is a crime here)

The other questions I have, and I don't know if it's just shaky reporting or what, but everything I've read says "Campbell was first reported missing just before midnight by her sister, according to Thornton Police spokesperson Matt Barnes. She lives in Montbello, and was in the area visiting her father". How old is her sister? Was her sister visiting the father at the same time? Actually, is the reference to Montbello in reference to the sister or to Kiaya? Did she know how to swim? They sure are leaving a lot of detail out, no?

Another local here- I have to say, I have been a member on this site for years (Kyron Horman brought me here) and I'm amazed by how many posters live so close to me! I live about 2 miles west of where she left, and my mom lives about 4 blocks south of where she was found. (121st and Holly) Like others, I can guarantee you that there was no flash flood that swept her away. I have seen torrential rains sweep through here only a time or two in the past, and that area has proper drainage and did not result in flooding. Also, both myself and my mother did not get any real rain that night until it was long past dark, after 10. So if she was walking in BETWEEN my mother and I (which she was) there is little possibility she got hit by a ton of rain and neither I nor my mother did.

I would like to think this is a case of her just playing by the drainage ditch and falling in, and her "friend" covering up for fear he'd be disciplined for not keeping a closer eye on her, but sadly, that's not what my gut tells me. I just wish the police would give us more info. Should the parents in the area be concerned about a random murderer of young girls on the loose??? I mean, seriously. I have an 8 year old and a 13 year old and my 13 year old often hangs out on the trail that connects between my home and Eastlake. Obviously, I will not be allowing her to do that now until I know for sure the person responsible for this is behind bars (assuming there is a crime here)

The other questions I have, and I don't know if it's just shaky reporting or what, but everything I've read says "Campbell was first reported missing just before midnight by her sister, according to Thornton Police spokesperson Matt Barnes. She lives in Montbello, and was in the area visiting her father". How old is her sister? Was her sister visiting the father at the same time? Did she know how to swim? They sure are leaving a lot of detail out, no?

I remember in OH a girl at a park went down a drainage ditch. I think she survived, but her mom followed her in an attempt to save her. But the Mom died.
Hard to say til LE gives out more info....
I missed out on her friend's covering up. Gonna have to catch up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember in OH a girl at a park went down a drainage ditch. I think she survived, but her mom followed her in an attempt to save her. But the Mom died.
Hard to say til LE gives out more info....
I missed out on her friend's covering up. Gonna have to catch up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cover up I am referring to is the 15 year old saying they were separated due to the rainstorm. Since all of the locals, including myself, don't think there was rain to justify the whole separation thing, I am assuming there may be some covering up going on.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Is it a possible she started running towards shelter away from her dad's home but thought we was running towards it and slipped and fell.... hitting head?

I feel like if this was an accident it should be pretty easily to tell by how / where her body was found?

Also, not exactly sure how you lose someone in a rain storm... Don't you run in the SAME direction towards the nearest shelter?

There just weren't storms of this epic proportion that day. It wasn't like a movie. And when it rains here it's like 5-10 minutes and done usually. I'm picturing a movie where nobody can see one another and it's just chaos. This is a super suburban area. It wasn't like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok lets say she did get swept up by "debatable" flood waters. The only thing that makes since is that she was up on Holly St just above 132nd.

Heres a satellite map of a drainage ditch that would take her to where she was found...

https://goo.gl/maps/Ad4HNqxGeJR2

So how does she get to Holly and 132nd from Colorado Blvd?

No word yet? That little girl is going to tell exactly what happened to her ....

Coroner confirms its her...

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/thornton-police-death-investigation/

"As of Friday afternoon autopsy results had not been released".

From your link:

Police were called at 11:52 p.m. Wednesday to a home in the 12400 block of Forest Drive on a report of a missing child. Police posted a notice about the missing girl on Twitter, at 6:55 a.m. Thursday. An Amber alert was issued at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

“We do have a history of events at the house,” Avila said but he would not provide details about the calls.

Neighbors said police occasionally were called to the home, where two teens live with their mother. The boys, who are often left home without parental supervision, were often heard yelling and playing loud music, neighbors said.

“They were kind of rough with each other,” a woman said. “They were always fighting.”

From your link:

Police were called at 11:52 p.m. Wednesday to a home in the 12400 block of Forest Drive on a report of a missing child. Police posted a notice about the missing girl on Twitter, at 6:55 a.m. Thursday. An Amber alert was issued at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

“We do have a history of events at the house,” Avila said but he would not provide details about the calls.

And...

"Neighbors said police occasionally were called to the home, where two teens live with their mother. The boys, who are often left home without parental supervision, were often heard yelling and playing loud music, neighbors said.

“They were kind of rough with each other,” a woman said. “They were always fighting.”

And...

"Neighbors said police occasionally were called to the home, where two teens live with their mother. The boys, who are often left home without parental supervision, were often heard yelling and playing loud music, neighbors said.

Was this dad's girlfriend's home? I guess dad could live with the girlfriend, but the article makes it sound like it is just the girlfriend and her 2 sons.

[video=twitter;873286045948719104]https://twitter.com/MelissaGarciaTV/status/873286045948719104[/video]

[video=twitter;873253191659511810]https://twitter.com/MelissaGarciaTV/status/873253191659511810[/video]

[video=twitter;873247663344410624]https://twitter.com/sksierra1/status/873247663344410624[/video]

[video=twitter;873241984005099521]https://twitter.com/MelissaGarciaTV/status/873241984005099521[/video]

Was this dad's girlfriend's home? I guess dad could live with the girlfriend, but the article makes it sound like it is just the girlfriend and her 2 sons.

From the link above...

"Police were called at 11:52 p.m. Wednesday to a home in the 12400 block of Forest Drive on a report of a missing child. Police posted a notice about the missing girl on Twitter, at 6:55 a.m. Thursday. An Amber alert was issued at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

“We do have a history of events at the house,” Avila said but he would not provide details about the calls".

Then later in the article...

So since there wasn't a change in talking about addresses I'm thinking this is the mothers home and dad lives with her. At least that is the way the article makes it look.

[video=twitter;873298740794146818]https://twitter.com/7markbelcher/status/873298740794146818[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper