Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detectives met with the family on Thursday. No one is in custody. An exact cause of death has not been released but the coroner confirms it is “other than accidental.”

A candlelight vigil will be held at 8:30 p.m. Saturday near the open space area between Jasmine and Monaco streets of East 128th Avenue.

The vigil was originally going to be held Friday night but because the area is still an active crime scene, police asked organizers to postpone it to Saturday.

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/09/thornton...ursday-as-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

O
So how does she get to Holly and 132nd from Colorado Blvd?

There's a paved trail that goes from about 130th and Colorado Blvd over to Trail Winds. Look on the east side of Eagleview Elementary, you can 'follow' it from there.

There simply wasn't enough rain to wash someone of her size all the way down that drainage ditch, though. I've been caught in torrential rain more than once on that very path, and the ditches have barely filled. A small dog, maybe, but not a 140 pound girl. The end of the drainage ditch is very shallow concrete. So I highly doubt that she floated down.

It's going to be very difficult to speculate how she got from one point to another without more information. There is a large network of greenbelts and trails in the area, and it's very common for teenagers to roam the trails at night, sometimes without the best intentions. I do think that if a car was involved, there are better places in the area to dump a body - the area gets rural in a hurry just north of Hilltop Village, with many fields with high grass. Even the open space near Trail Winds has high enough grass that it houses coyotes and foxes.

Still confused about whose house it was. Perhaps the father lives in Thornton but was hanging out at the girlfriend's house- which is also in Thornton- at the time? It's the only thing that makes sense to me, since they previously said Kiaya lives in Montbello (a good 30-45 minutes away from Thornton).

I don't know that I have ever seen an autopsy that just said "other than accidental". Maybe they know how she passed but are withholding that information to wait and find out if someone slips up by having more info than they've gone public with?

[video=twitter;873304365670465536]https://twitter.com/CCDR_news/status/873304365670465536[/video]

There's a paved trail that goes from about 130th and Colorado Blvd over to Trail Winds. Look on the east side of Eagleview Elementary, you can 'follow' it from there.

There simply wasn't enough rain to wash someone of her size all the way down that drainage ditch, though. I've been caught in torrential rain more than once on that very path, and the ditches have barely filled. A small dog, maybe, but not a 140 pound girl. The end of the drainage ditch is very shallow concrete. So I highly doubt that she floated down.

It's going to be very difficult to speculate how she got from one point to another without more information. There is a large network of greenbelts and trails in the area, and it's very common for teenagers to roam the trails at night, sometimes without the best intentions. I do think that if a car was involved, there are better places in the area to dump a body - the area gets rural in a hurry just north of Hilltop Village, with many fields with high grass. Even the open space near Trail Winds has high enough grass that it houses coyotes and foxes.

Thanks. I was pretty doubtful of a flood sweep from the get go and was trying to talk it through to show its pretty doubtful she got from Colorado Blvd to where she was by flood. Talking it through even though I was not buying it.

Still confused about whose house it was. Perhaps the father lives in Thornton but was hanging out at the girlfriend's house- which is also in Thornton- at the time? It's the only thing that makes sense to me, since they previously said Kiaya lives in Montbello (a good 30-45 minutes away from Thornton).

Father lives with his girlfriend. Kiaya lives with mother in Montbello, was visiting her father.

I wonder if cause of death could not be determined but she had injuries? Very strange.

I wonder if cause of death could not be determined but she had injuries? Very strange.

I think thats possible, perhaps defensive wounds, bruises etc.

Also sometimes LE doesn't release that info so when they bring in a suspect they may slip up.

For example a person is killed with a knife, they bring suspect in and the suspects says "I don't even own a knife". Basically things only the killer could know.

I don't think the ME was saying COD wasn't know, it was just that it wasn't an accident was all he was willing to say.

"Other than accidental...". I hate being right.

I felt so bad last night because from the beginning I pushed the speculation this was no accident. I felt badly my cynicism was so harsh.

So so sad. This one has hit me harder than most. Like this is the first one in a long time where I just feel like saying enough. No more. I can't take the thought of one more dead child.

And one more. And one more...

I've always thought I was far too desensitized about this stuff. Intellectually I am horrified but on a true emotional level I've thought I was pretty closed off.

Not today.

Eternal rest, grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, Rest In Peace.

I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Other than accidental...". I hate being right.

I felt so bad last night because from the beginning I pushed the speculation this was no accident. I felt badly my cynicism was so harsh.

So so sad. This one has hit me harder than most. Like this is the first one in a long time where I just feel like saying enough. No more. I can't take the thought of one more dead child.

And one more. And one more...

I've always thought I was far too desensitized about this stuff. Intellectually I am horrified but on a true emotional level I've thought I was pretty closed off.

Not today.

Eternal rest, grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, Rest In Peace.

I'm out.

:hug:

My hinky meter has never let me down and it's been in high gear since day one.

RIP Kiaya. My condolences to Kiaya's family and friends.

So well put! What a poignant saying 😔

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Could they have smoked some sort of pot? Maybe somehow a mixture or k2 or spice? Disoriented. Perhaps water searches were involved because family confirmed she could not swim? Just trying to think outside of the box

Could they have smoked some sort of pot? Maybe somehow a mixture or k2 or spice? Disoriented. Perhaps water searches were involved because family confirmed she could not swim? Just trying to think outside of the box

Anything is possible i guess, but coroner said the death was "not accidental".

So the only alternative I see is homicide.

Anything is possible i guess, but coroner said the death was "not accidental".

So the only alternative I see is homicide.

Very valid. I wonder if somehow though a drug led her (and I am most likely VERY wrong) to become disoriented and into the hands of someone she thought could help aka an adult. Or perhaps the young boy... so sorry Kaiya. You had so much life, a future. So sorry I hope you are okay wherever you are and I hope your loved ones can find a bit of peace.

I wonder if something's breaking??[video=twitter;873342431965532162]https://twitter.com/annetrujillo7/status/873342431965532162[/video]
[video=twitter;873341708225859584]https://twitter.com/LizGelardi/status/873341708225859584[/video] …
Anne Trujillo ✔ @annetrujillo7
Our #Denver7 crews getting new info on investigation into little girl's death in #Thornton. Stay with us for updates. @DenverChannel

Liz Gelardi‏Verified account @LizGelardi 8m8 minutes ago
More
Thornton Police collect "massive" amount of evidence as they investigate death of 10-yr-old girl. Probably more than 100 pieces.

[video=twitter;873343677388554240]https://twitter.com/LizGelardi/status/873343677388554240[/video]
Liz Gelardi ✔ @LizGelardi
Police evidence gloves also at home of Kiaya's dad.

IMO the mum and close relatives would of been told the cause of death and other info that police are keeping from the public The police will have this case stitched up quickly. #Justice4kiaya

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I wonder if something's breaking??[video=twitter;873342431965532162]https://twitter.com/annetrujillo7/status/873342431965532162[/video]
[video=twitter;873341708225859584]https://twitter.com/LizGelardi/status/873341708225859584[/video] …
Anne Trujillo [emoji818] @annetrujillo7
Our #Denver7 crews getting new info on investigation into little girl's death in #Thornton. Stay with us for updates. @DenverChannel

Liz Gelardi‏Verified account @LizGelardi 8m8 minutes ago
More
Thornton Police collect "massive" amount of evidence as they investigate death of 10-yr-old girl. Probably more than 100 pieces.

I've started my post like seven times and I keep erasing what I've written because everything I want to say sounds stupid when I type it out.

Having said that, first thank you MsMarple! Second, why does that seem like a LOT of evidence considering the type of crime scene/where poor Kiaya was found?

I know that's dumb but I don't know how else to put it. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say? I know we know nothing, so my brain train has jumped the tracks, but when I picture a person found outside I guess it seems in my mind's eye like there wouldn't be a LOT of physical evidence?

I'm going to sit on my hands now because I've crossed from being emotionally drained to incoherent. Hope you guys understand the jist of what I'm getting at. Sorry.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members