Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver7 News ✔@DenverChannel
#BREAKING: Death of Kiaya Campbell now being investigated as a homicide, per @ThorntonPolice. DEVELOPING: http://bit.ly/2s64kna #Denver7

[video=twitter;873347219583148033]https://twitter.com/DenverChannel/status/873347219583148033[/video]

[video=twitter;873347219583148033]https://twitter.com/DenverChannel/status/873347219583148033[/video]

Damn.

I've started my post like seven times and I keep erasing what I've written because everything I want to say sounds stupid when I type it out.

Having said that, first thank you MsMarple! Second, why does that seem like a LOT of evidence considering the type of crime scene/where poor Kiaya was found?

I know that's dumb but I don't know how else to put it. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say? I know we know nothing, so my brain train has jumped the tracks, but when I picture a person found outside I guess it seems in my mind's eye like there wouldn't be a LOT of physical evidence?

I'm going to sit on my hands now because I've crossed from being emotionally drained to incoherent. Hope you guys understand the just of what I'm getting at. Sorry.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm trying (and failing) to imagine just what kind of "massive amounts of evidence" have been collected. But Thorton PD seems to verify it. It's also confirmed that Kiaya's case is being investigated as a homicide - like we ever had doubts about that.

It seems like LE is being forthcoming about the investigation so hopefully we'll be receiving more info soon.

[video=twitter;873346834202218496]https://twitter.com/ThorntonPolice/status/873346834202218496[/video]
Thornton Police Dept @ThorntonPolice
UPDATE: Investigation being deemed homicide. Large amount of evidence collected during today's search to be sorted and analyzed. #Kiaya

I was still hoping it was an accident. Overly optimistic, I know. I'm dreading if it's one of the girlfriend's kids who is responsible. Neighbors are already being nosy and intrusive.

I've started my post like seven times and I keep erasing what I've written because everything I want to say sounds stupid when I type it out.

Having said that, first thank you MsMarple! Second, why does that seem like a LOT of evidence considering the type of crime scene/where poor Kiaya was found?

I know that's dumb but I don't know how else to put it. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say? I know we know nothing, so my brain train has jumped the tracks, but when I picture a person found outside I guess it seems in my mind's eye like there wouldn't be a LOT of physical evidence?

I'm going to sit on my hands now because I've crossed from being emotionally drained to incoherent. Hope you guys understand the jist of what I'm getting at. Sorry.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is she wasn't killed where she was found so a lot of evidence was discovered in the home. Moo

RIP sweet girl.

I'll take a stab at "massive" amounts of evidence...

I don't think they expressed where this massive amount came from. It could possibly be from the home and the ravine where she was found.

I don't think they expressed where this massive amount came from. It could possibly be from the home and the ravine where she was found.
Or the path that was taken to get her to the ravine.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My guess is she wasn't killed where she was found so a lot of evidence was discovered in the home. Moo

RIP sweet girl.

If any evidence was found in the home then the case takes a terrible turn. The timeline goes out the window and the story of Kiaya and the 15-year-old walking to the shops becomes very suspicious. It also opens the possibility of more than one perp.

RIP sweet girl.

RSBM

Thinking out loud about the 100's of pieces of evidence.... what exactly would those items be ??

Were any of the adults in her life possible drug addicts or dealers ? (as in -- people with risky behavior around Kiaya .)
Was thinking maybe she was harmed as a sort of payback. :(

What about the older kids ?
Or were there issues with rebellious kids ?
MOO

RSBM

Thinking out loud about the 100's of pieces of evidence.... what exactly would those items be ??

Were any of the adults in her life possible drug addicts or dealers ? (as in -- people with risky behavior around Kiaya .)
Was thinking maybe she was harmed as a sort of payback. :(

What about the older kids ?
Or were there issues with rebellious kids ?
MOO

Clothing, electronic devices, diary, skin scrapings, toothbrush, hairbrush, murder weapons, blood, defensive wounds, bruises, back pack items.

Just these few things could be many many items, I think.

IMO kiaya would of put up a fight. So there would be a "massive" amount of evidence along the route to the ravine.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;873363130893643776]https://twitter.com/EmilyAReports/status/873363130893643776[/video]

LE are positive this was a murder. :(

I'm thinking there were visible wounds /trauma on this child. :(
Wondering if she left the house alive ?
And who was the last person to see her outside of family ?
(We seem to ask this question a lot.)

So 15 year old was not truthful in his story about what happened.

Why lie? Cover up for himself or someone else?

Why did the sister call and report her missing? How old is she? Did someone put her up to calling or did she take it upon herself to call?

I really don't like that teenagers are in the middle of this. MOO

[video=twitter;873286045948719104]https://twitter.com/MelissaGarciaTV/status/873286045948719104[/video]

Just catching up, but this area doesn't look like a place a 10 year old would be walking, but rather like a place someone would hide a body. Hidden. JMO Hoping there will be an arrest before morning.

So 15 year old was not truthful in his story about what happened.

Why lie? Cover up for himself or someone else?

Why did the sister call and report her missing? How old is she? Did someone put her up to calling or did she take it upon herself to call?

I really don't like that teenagers are in the middle of this. MOO

It certainly sounds off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members