Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there was no sexual assault and her murder was horrific for other reasons

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ITA. IMO he was an angry kid who just did the unthinkable for no reason other than his sick sick head. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no SA. Moo

IMO there was no sexual assault and her murder was horrific for other reasons

I've been thinking the same thing. For some reason I never suspected SA. I think it was gruesome though. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If not a sexual crime, maybe she found out something about him that he was doing/involved in and she threatened to tell.
I think he just wanted to kill someone, and she was accessible to him.

This is just my opinion without a link, but I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. He says that he does not treat sociopaths and some psychopaths, because there is not really anything you can do to modify their behavior. I'm sure there are different opinions on this among these professionals, but according to him, this is a popular belief among psychiatrists.

This is true--and even taught at the med school level--I remember learning this in my first couple of weeks on my psychiatry rotation as a student.
Those with antisocial personality disorder and psychopaths lack empathy. Attempting to treat them actually only allows them to learn how to be "better" at being able to manipulate other individuals, so we generally won't see them.

I've been thinking the same thing. For some reason I never suspected SA. I think it was gruesome though. :(

I think people want to think SA was involved, because as horrendous as that is, it is at least a motive that we can understand, although abhor it. Any other motive is inexplicable.

Again, a sexual component has not been mentioned, but for research and discussion purposes, because so often there is this component...:

"Treatment approaches for juveniles who commit sexual offenses also have changed since the 1970s. For many years, treatment for juveniles was largely based on models used with adult sexual offenders. However, as knowledge about the developmental, motivational, and behavioral differences between juvenile and adult sexual offenders has increased, therapeutic interventions for juveniles have become more responsive to the diversity of sexually abusive behaviors and the specific offending-related factors found among adolescents and children.*

"Juveniles who commit sexual offenses are diverse in terms of their offending behaviors and future public safety risk."

Juveniles who commit sexual offenses are clearly quite diverse in terms of their offending behaviors and future risk to public safety. In fact, they appear to have far more in common with other juvenile delinquents than they do with adult sexual offenders. This is a common theme in the literature, and the diversity found in the offending behavior and risk levels of juveniles who commit sexual offenses, as well as*the dissimilarity that exists between juveniles who commit sexual offenses and their adult counterparts, were both acknowledged by the experts at the SOMAPI forum. Juveniles are generally more impulsive and less aware of the consequences of their behavior than adults. And while a few sexually abusive behaviors in youth are compulsive and reflective of a recurrent pattern of social deviance, others may be more isolated and*not*indicative of a long-term behavior pattern. Therapeutic interventions for juveniles are increasingly taking this diversity into account, along with family, peer, and other social correlates that are related to sexually abusive behavior in youth. Still, it appears that far more change is needed. As Letourneau and Borduin (2008, pp. 290–291) have pointed out:"

*more at link

Chapter 5: Effectiveness of Treatment for Juveniles Who Sexually Offend*
by Roger Przybylski
https://www.smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec2/ch5_treatment.html

Maybe juvenile sex offenders have better chances of reform. But this was first degree, premeditated murder, possibly with a sexual component. That's a whole other animal.

I think people want to think SA was involved, because as horrendous as that is, it is at least a motive that we can understand, although abhor it. Any other motive is inexplicable.
I completely agree with you. My gut tells me that this kid is extremely disturbed, and if we ever find out the details they will be chilling.

I also haven't heard of many murders where someone was trying to silence the victim. I've mostly seen that on television or movies.

Due to severe trauma the coroner was unable to establish an exact cause of death.

Do you know what that means?

Any number of her injuries would have been fatal.

Overkill.

It's hard to know if the boy is beyond help or not without knowing the circumstances. If it was just a thrill kill or premeditated, I'd be reluctant to say he can be rehabilitated. If he just lost his temper with her and did it out of rage, there may be some hope for him. I'm not saying that it's somehow less tragic if that's what happened, but with intense therapy and very close supervision (incarceration or commitment), he could possibly learn coping mechanisms to deal with his anger.

Whether he can be helped or not, I really think he needs to be held accountable for what he did. There's no way I'd want to see him set free for several years. MOO

The killers of Jamie Bulger in the UK, seem to have been successfully rehabilitated, but they were much younger.

Interestingly, I think that I met one of those young men, when I worked overseas. He was 24 years old at the time, with the same initials and a different spelling of the same Christian name. He was a bit of an odd bod, and immature and quite needy. He told a colleaque of mine that he had done something terrible when he was a child. When my friend told him that we had all done things that we are ashamed of and he should forgive the child that he was, he answered that he had forgiven himself, but the world would never forgive him.

ITA. IMO he was an angry kid who just did the unthinkable for no reason other than his sick sick head. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no SA. Moo

I have two theories. I think he is sick in the head, serial killer in the making and decided to act on fantasies he had been playing out in his mind for some time.

The other idea that crossed my mind this afternoon is possibly he resents his mother's boyfriend so much he has been building rage and felt he couldn't do anything to him so basically took his rage out on her to get back at her father in the cruelest way imaginable.

Either way, a mind that could carry that out is IMO someone never to be trusted on the streets again. Never.

The killers of Jamie Bulger in the UK, seem to have been successfully rehabilitated, but they were much younger.

Interestingly, I think that I met one of those young men, when I worked overseas. He was 24 years old at the time, with the same initials and a different spelling of the same Christian name. He was a bit of an odd bod, and immature and quite needy. He told a colleaque of mine that he had done something terrible when he was a child. When my friend told him that we had all done things that we are ashamed of and he should forgive the child that he was, he answered that he had forgiven himself, but the world would never forgive him.
Except one of the boys was arrested
As an adult https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/23/james-bulger-killer-jon-venables

"Youth who commit sexual offenses are not necessarily "little adults;" many will not continue to offend sexually. This is a formative area of research; while there is an ever-increasing body of knowledge regarding the etiologies of dysfunction and aggression, there remains a tremendous need for additional data to understand the etiology of juveniles sexual offending."

Understanding Juvenile Sexual Offending Behavior: Emerging Research, Treatment Approaches and Management Practices
http://www.csom.org/pubs/juvbrf10.html
I can't say that this will change anyone's mind, but I found it intriguing nonetheless.
It's worth a watch IMO.

I am in no way condoning what was done to this angel!

It gives us a peek into how they try to rehabilitate young teen boys. MOO

https://www.bizarrepedia.com/youngest-sex-offenders/

VIDEO HERE:
https://youtu.be/Zi0GrFgPH9Y
MOO

I am just getting caught up (not all the way), but did little Kiaya live with her father/girlfriend or was she visiting (summer)? How long had the father and girlfriend been together? I guess I want to know how long Kiaya and her murderer knew one another? Days? Weeks? Years?

This is in no way putting blame on anyone, but I also want to know what previous signs of troubled behavior the boy had displayed. I just can't imagine that he murdered a child without showing some sign of troubled behavior?

But can't one small area get a rain squall, and 10 miles away it is just drizzling.

My daughter lives less than 2 miles away from us. One time it was POURING down rain, really hard on my patio. It was so loud and hard that I grabbed my patio furniture and turned it over---then went to call my daughter about the stuff she has on her balcony.

She answered and said it was barely a drizzle. She sat outside on the phone and said it was not raining, and it was POURING at my house a mile and a half away. The sky above me was dark grey. But it was bright blue when I looked out my front door---

This is late, but I work at a hotel (in Florida) and one time it was pouring really hard on one side of the building and there was NO rain on the other side. Not even a drip. It was quite interesting to see.

Except one of the boys was arrested
As an adult https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/23sjames-bulger-killer-jon-venables

I thought that it was was for child *advertiser censored* and that fits with the person I am sure was him. Very immature and socially awkward with females, of any age. Sometimes the other men I worked with, would pull him up about how he would speak about his sexual exploits in mixed company. And it was JV that I think that I knew. Same facial characteristics. He had not changed much.

JUst curious are we not allowed to identify a suspect if they are a minor because my comment was deleted

The thought that any 15 year old would be locked in a cage for the rest of his one and only life is devastating to me. As is the murder of a 10 year old little girl. Horrible situation - just loss all the way around. Lots of loss here. From the people who found the body, LE, coroner, mortician, friends, church members, neighbors to family, there is just loss. Nothing good comes from this, just loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel