Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. It's just so sad, found out someone I Know is friends with him

So sorry such sad news has brought you here, but Welcome to our forum.

This is sad in so many ways, for so many are affected.

Mo- SO not trivial at all, these are the questions getting lost in the sorrow and outrage... From all reports I've listened to so far, her name is pronounced "KY-uh." She had at least one t-shirt that said ALASKA on it (my home:). She had a voice like an angel. She was someone I never met and will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. It probably sounds a bit strange, but I feel almost disrespectful talking about her/saying her name and not getting that right

I am heartbroken for Kiaya. So many dreams will never come true.
I'm also sad for the young man. I'm not sure I would lock him and throw the key. It's devastating all around.

All moo.

Where is this from?

"Coroner was not able to establish an exact cause of death" was stated in an MSM Fox News article....will try to find it again.

ETA: Just found the article again, so the information is readily available in MSM articles.

It's common for coroners to be unable to determine COD in cases of severe decomp, but that's not the case here. Her injuries and trauma were too extensive to determine which injury was fatal. :(

The killers of Jamie Bulger in the UK, seem to have been successfully rehabilitated, but they were much younger.

Interestingly, I think that I met one of those young men, when I worked overseas. He was 24 years old at the time, with the same initials and a different spelling of the same Christian name. He was a bit of an odd bod, and immature and quite needy. He told a colleaque of mine that he had done something terrible when he was a child. When my friend told him that we had all done things that we are ashamed of and he should forgive the child that he was, he answered that he had forgiven himself, but the world would never forgive him.

That was a horrific case. As was the murder of Derrick Robie. :(

Psychology is founded on the assumption that it is possible to treat and modify abnormal behavior, and psychiatry on treating chemical imbalances in the brain that relate to abnormal behavior. If neither profession can successfully modify the behavior of a child, then both are a complete fail.

I never heard a practitioner of either profession claim that they can successfully modify any behavior to something else.
I also don't think that medicine as a whole failed, either, simply because there are, sadly, still several incurable diseases and conditions.

MOO

The killers of Jamie Bulger in the UK, seem to have been successfully rehabilitated, but they were much younger.

Interestingly, I think that I met one of those young men, when I worked overseas. He was 24 years old at the time, with the same initials and a different spelling of the same Christian name. He was a bit of an odd bod, and immature and quite needy. He told a colleaque of mine that he had done something terrible when he was a child. When my friend told him that we had all done things that we are ashamed of and he should forgive the child that he was, he answered that he had forgiven himself, but the world would never forgive him.

Also, I would like to see the definition of "rehabilitated". Would I want my family to live next door to one of the boys (now grown men) who did this? Would I marry him and have children with him? Would I want him for a son in law? How safe do we REALLY feel?

We're they? I thought JV got into more trouble for child *advertiser censored* and did more time in prison.

"Coroner was not able to establish an exact cause of death" was stated in an MSM Fox News article....will try to find it again.

ETA: Just found the article again, so the information is readily available in MSM articles.

It's common for coroners to be unable to determine COD in cases of severe decomp, but that's not the case here. Her injuries and trauma were too extensive to determine which injury was fatal. :(

I wonder if this was the reporter's interpretation because the fox article says:

"Campbell was reported missing Wednesday night. Her body was found the next day about 1.5 miles from her father's house. Investigators said her body had signs of severe trauma, though the coroner was unable to establish an exact cause of death."

However, the article cited in the Fox article says:

"An exact cause of death has not been released but the coroner confirmed it was “other than accidental.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/1...ested-in-death-of-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

Will there be a hearing today (or in the near future) for the juvenile?

To establish charges...

And/or to determine if he will be charged as an a juvenile vs. being charged as an adult?

TIA...:seeya:

I wonder if this was the reporter's interpretation because the fox article says:

"Campbell was reported missing Wednesday night. Her body was found the next day about 1.5 miles from her father's house. Investigators said her body had signs of severe trauma, though the coroner was unable to establish an exact cause of death."

"An exact cause of death has not been released but the coroner confirmed it was “other than accidental.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/1...ested-in-death-of-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

I find it extremely hard to believe that a qualified coroner could not establish a cause of death in this case. Maybe that's a typo and was supposed to say TIME of death??

Unable to determine (due to severe trauma) means injuries were too extensive to determine the cause. "Other than accidental" would be obvious. I don't see any other way to interpret it than that it was too brutal to pin it down. I hate typing that.

I find it extremely hard to believe that a qualified coroner could not establish a cause of death in this case. Maybe that's a typo and was supposed to say TIME of death??

It says a lot about the nature of this murder, because coroners are good at what they do, and they see all manners of death all the time. If they say they can't determine it, it's bad.

It says a lot about the nature of this murder, because coroners are good at what they do, and they see all manners of death all the time. If they say they can't determine it, it's bad.

Surely they'd be able tell the difference between bludgeoning, stabbing, or shooting!

ETA: I guess I can see how they might not be able to determine cause between bludgeoning and strangulation if there was that much trauma.

I thought that it was was for child *advertiser censored* and that fits with the person I am sure was him. Very immature and socially awkward with females, of any age. Sometimes the other men I worked with, would pull him up about how he would speak about his sexual exploits in mixed company. And it was JV that I think that I knew. Same facial characteristics. He had not changed much.

IMO, possession of child *advertiser censored* is a violent crime.

[video=twitter;874232830808645632]https://twitter.com/AmandaZitzman/status/874232830808645632[/video]

Will there be a hearing today (or in the near future) for the juvenile?

To establish charges...

And/or to determine if he will be charged as an a juvenile vs. being charged as an adult?

TIA...:seeya:

Some info here:
http://www.9news.com/news/crime/teen-arrested-in-10-year-old-girls-death/447783223

What I heard this morning on this station was that because he is under 16 he will automatically be charged as a juvenile and the DA will do an investigation to determine if he should be charged as an adult. This could take "months". I'll see if I can find a better link that is more clear.

ETA: This appears to be media interpretation of what will likely happen. So FWIW....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;874217852441550848]https://twitter.com/AmandaDTV/status/874217852441550848[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel