Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Security Video is going to tell the tale I think.

Gonna sit on my hands right now.

MOO

So this was in someone's backyard? That would be risky if foul play. Then again, Martha Skakel was killed in her own backyard with her mother inside the house. Hmmmm. In the dark, if after 8:30. How long did it rain hard?

It looks to be like a green belt behind a subdivision.

:rose::rose:
I'm just at a loss for words.
RIP Kiaya

A 10 year old child <mod snip> was enjoying visitation with her dad, went for a walk at about 7pm with her father's girlfriend's 15 year old son, disappeared after getting separated from him in the rain, was reported missing by her sister near midnight and was found dead a mile from home 17.5 hours later.

I have no words.

Is should be rather easy to determine the weather situation from yesterday evening.

She wasn't swept away from the street or sidewalk or path by rainwater, I won't buy that one. It would take a flash flood. Were there flash flood warnings?

...sigh...
RIP, Kiaya.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So this was in someone's backyard? That would be risky if foul play. Then again, Martha Skakel was killed in her own backyard with her mother inside the house. Hmmmm. In the dark, if after 8:30. How long did it rain hard?

8:30 isn't after dark here. It's 8:30pm MDT here right now and it's still light out. Getting on towards dusk but it's not dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oh no
I was so hoping for a better result

fly with the angels Kiaya

8:30 isn't after dark here. It's 8:30pm MDT here right now and it's still light out. Getting on towards dusk but it's not dark.

Definitely not dark. In fact, it's still light enough right now (830 pm MDT) that I'd take my dogs for a walk in a park or public trail near my house. If it wasn't raining of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eastlake may have been searched because there's a tree-lined bike and walking path/trail that goes from about the 13000 block of Colorado Blvd over to Eastlake. If she were trying to head home, but went the wrong way, she could have ended up at Eastlake. We had a problem a few years ago with someone assaulting females on that path, no one was ever arrested.

The trail to and around Eastlake is both crowded and secluded (I know that doesn't make much sense). There are always a lot of people on the trail, but it winds around quite a bit so it would be possible to be out of sight of people for a short time. There are also coyotes in the area, but I've never heard of them attacking people (they have attacked dogs). This is true of most of the trails in the area. There are a LOT of trails in the area, it's possible to go from the area where the girl was last seen to where she was found with minimal time on surface streets.

Going over to 129th and Colorado from where the girl lived, to go up to Hilltop (the shopping center they were likely going to) doesn't make much sense, either on surface streets or on area trails.

I live less than a mile away from the intersection where the kids got separated. My Ring footage shows that winds started kicking up about 9:11, and there was some lightning. At 9:07, footage doesn't show lightning or trees blowing. Police were driving through the neighborhood at 2:20am. I was driving up Colorado at the intersection where the kids got separated at about 8:15pm last night, it wasn't raining but I think it was cloudy. It was still light outside, not even really dusk. No flash flooding in the area last night that I'm aware of.

Tragic news. I'm so sorry Kiaya. Prayers for her family and friends.

why were they searching the lake again:thinking::waitasec::confused:

I had so hoped to check in and see good news. Poor baby. Was she anywhere near a body of water or somewhere she could somehow end up being washed away to? Because I really am struggling to buy that one. Sitting on my hands until we have more info.

May justice be swift, sweet girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastlake may have been searched because there's a tree-lined bike and walking path/trail that goes from about the 13000 block of Colorado Blvd over to Eastlake. If she were trying to head home, but went the wrong way, she could have ended up at Eastlake. We had a problem a few years ago with someone assaulting females on that path, no one was ever arrested.

The trail to and around Eastlake is both crowded and secluded (I know that doesn't make much sense). There are always a lot of people on the trail, but it winds around quite a bit so it would be possible to be out of sight of people for a short time. There are also coyotes in the area, but I've never heard of them attacking people (they have attacked dogs). This is true of most of the trails in the area. There are a LOT of trails in the area, it's possible to go from the area where the girl was last seen to where she was found with minimal time on surface streets.

Going over to 129th and Colorado from where the girl lived, to go up to Hilltop (the shopping center they were likely going to) doesn't make much sense, either on surface streets or on area trails.

I live less than a mile away from the intersection where the kids got separated. My Ring footage shows that winds started kicking up about 9:11, and there was some lightning. At 9:07, footage doesn't show lightning or trees blowing. Police were driving through the neighborhood at 2:20am. I was driving up Colorado at the intersection where the kids got separated at about 8:15pm last night, it wasn't raining but I think it was cloudy. It was still light outside, not even really dusk. No flash flooding in the area last night that I'm aware of.

Oh I didn't know people can check their Ring footage if their bell wasn't rung! That's actually great for things like this. Hopefully somebody has something valuable to police.

A 10 year old child <mod snip> was enjoying visitation with her dad, went for a walk at about 7pm with her father's girlfriend's 15 year old son, disappeared after getting separated from him in the rain, was reported missing by her sister near midnight and was found dead a mile from home 17.5 hours later.

I have no words.

Is should be rather easy to determine the weather situation from yesterday evening.

She wasn't swept away from the street or sidewalk or path by rainwater, I won't buy that one. It would take a flash flood. Were there flash flood warnings?

Yes. Between 9:45-10pm MDT there were flash flood warnings all over the Denver metro. The one I was in literally lasted about 5 minutes and was done. If the storm that caught me was moving SSE, it could have hit the Thornton area about an hour before it hit me. So while it is possible that she was caught in a flash flood, I do not know how plausible it would be.

My husband and I are currently going over some maps and weather info so I will hopefully be back here soon with photos of what I'm trying to express.

Who's a good mapmaker? I'd like to see one of where they started from, where they were going, where they got separated, and where she was found....I just don't know how to begin..

Nothing new on the 10pm news (CBS Denver 4), except that they (MSM, not LE) are definitely saying it is her. Still haven't ruled out anything.

My interpretation as they haven't updated online yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I didn't know people can check their Ring footage if their bell wasn't rung! That's actually great for things like this. Hopefully somebody has something valuable to police.

It's possible to set up captures for both motion and rings. We have a Ring camera in addition to the doorbell, we have both set to record all motion but we have notifications turned off for motion. I can go back and watch the comings and goings on my street if I want. We've had lots of trouble with teenagers doing teenager things (theft, vandalism, ding dong ditch, etc) so it's nice to have the footage to review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602