Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even know if Kiaya's father or mother were or were not in the courtroom? I have found nothing other than this statement, saying court was closed to all but family for both sides.

The judge closed the hearing to all but family of the suspect and victim.
http://www.krdo.com/news/state-regional-news/15-yr-old-accused-of-killing-kiaya-campbell-in-court-today-1/538415940

You can see many family members entering the court for the hearing in the first video on this page @ 1.26. One could possibly be her parent(s). Also shows the neighbor where her body was found.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/timeline-kiaya-campbell-case-from-amber-alert-to-murder-investigation

I would have liked to see them both. Put some faces to my prayers...

For those who may be interesting, I came across this article earlier regarding psychopathic children... It's worth a read if your interest has been piqued with our discussions on here https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...il&utm_term=0_1651f20312-70e3123ee4-216779045

Whoa. That's quite interesting. So in the article one system in Wisconsin did just what I was talking about earlier- changed from a typical prison system for juveniles to intensive therapy. Here's what happened:

"Caldwell and Van Rybroek have tracked the public records of 248 juvenile delinquents after their release. One hundred forty-seven of them had been in a juvenile-corrections facility, and 101 of them—the harder, more psychopathic cases—had received treatment at Mendota. In the four and a half years since their release, the Mendota boys have been far less likely to reoffend (64 percent versus 97 percent), and far less likely to commit a violent crime (36 percent versus 60 percent). Most striking, the ordinary delinquents have killed 16 people since their release. The boys from Mendota? Not one."

There was a case in the UK recently with a blended family. The teen daughter of the dad slit the throat of the (I want to say) 8(?) Year old daughter of the mom. They were just married too. This case brings it to mind. My brain is bad at remembering the names. I remember thinking jealousy and serious mental instability were part of that crime.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There was a case in the UK recently with a blended family. The teen daughter of the dad slit the throat of the (I want to say) 8(?) Year old daughter of the mom. They were just married too. This case brings it to mind. My brain is bad at remembering the names. I remember thinking jealousy and serious mental instability were part of that crime.

Yeah whatever happened with that case? I wish I could remember the names...

Speaking of "true psychopaths," when I read about the age of this alleged murderer, this case came to mind. His doctors (plural) could not figure him out. He ultimately was suspected in 26 murders. His first at 13 years (he killed his Mother, attempted Father and Sister). Normal family, upper middle class. Highly intelligent and PURE EVIL. IMHO I don't believe a true psychopath can ever be rehabilitated nor can pedophiles. If I wouldn't trust them around my children, why would I let them back out on the streets. Can you imagine how a truly evil person who has been repressed for several years might behave when released?

I also wonder if this 15 yo had been planning this all along. We certainly live in a dangerous world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brandt

If this article isn't allowed, please forgive and remove. It's the first thing that came to my mind when I began to read about this crime.
Marked this to read later. Ty

I would think Kiaya's dad wants nothing to do with her at the moment

I wouldnt think Kiaya's mom or dad, would be able to be anywhere near the kid(court) they are prob. in such shock, maybe they had someone sit in, in court, on their behalf. or DA is keeping them informed of what went on in court. next hearing and plea- set for WED.

I dont think many parents would be able to go to the first court appearance of the murderer of their dead child-IMO. Im sure DA will keep them informed of anything they might want to know. Wed. is plea hearing.

For those who may be interesting, I came across this article earlier regarding psychopathic children... It's worth a read if your interest has been piqued with our discussions on here https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...il&utm_term=0_1651f20312-70e3123ee4-216779045

I'm not going to get into the reasons here, but suffice it to say, I am VERY concerned with where we are headed as a society. I have zero desire to live with a bunch of Damien Omen's running around.

Would you be thinking of Katie Rough (7 yr. old)? The accused will never be named publicly by law, but we know it was the 15 yr. old stepsister. I thought she had been stabbed, not sure about the slit throat. Kiaya's death has had me thinking of Katie a lot this week. :tears:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...murdered-Woodthorpe-York-10-Jan-2017-*Arrest*

I'm not going to get into the reasons here, but suffice it to say, I am VERY concerned with where we are headed as a society. I have zero desire to live with a bunch of Damien Omen's running around.

I'm sure this is partly an issue because as a society we no longer simply throw anyone deemed 'mad' (sometimes very arbitrarily) into an asylum for life. This has had both positive and negative consequences.

ETA as an aside, cases like this and Katie Rough's and all the many, many cases where children are murdered or assaulted by stepfathers and mother's boyfriends makes me absolutely certain that if I found myself single, I would not date.

IF I did (tbh I don't think I'd bother), I wouldn't even let my dates know I had children until I knew them well and even then they wouldn't meet them for a long time.

Kids >>>>> your love life.

The suspects father's reaction bothers me a lot. His religiousness feels a bit 12 steppy to me, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's a recovering (fill in the blank...alcoholic? Addict?). And the simple answer to the silly question of how are you coping is -not well-.

Just my opinion

The suspects father's reaction bothers me a lot. His religiousness feels a bit 12 steppy to me, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's a recovering (fill in the blank...alcoholic? Addict?). And the simple answer to the silly question of how are you coping is -not well-.

Just my opinion
Huh why would it bother you and how is it relevant ? being in recovery I find this reference a bit condescending and judgemental.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't mean to be condescending...my apologies. I agree with several others on the forum that his reaction was creepy. My opinion would be abolututely good for him...but perhaps is window into what suspect's past experiences may have included. Again my apologies.
Huh why would it bother you and how is it relevant ? being in recovery I find this reference a bit condescending and judgemental.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't mean to be condescending...my apologies. I agree with several others on the forum that his reaction was creepy. My opinion would be abolututely good for him...but perhaps is window into what suspect's past experiences may have included. Again my apologies.
no worries. it's just harsh to hear people talk about recovering folks without knowledge of what it really entails. xoxoxo

His behavior was terribly inappropriate ... made me wonder if maybe he was on something. Or ... maybe he does act like that all the time? Which is concerning.

no worries. it's just harsh to hear people talk about recovering folks without knowledge of what it really entails. xoxoxo

Again I truly apologize, it was not my intention. My daughter is a recovering addict and even still I know I could never truly understand. My thoughts were going to family history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29