CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately we’ve seen lost custody lead to this from both mothers and fathers.
Agreed. Tragic. Almost the 'you'll never have them again' mindset (out of mind actually). In this situation it appears the missing mother meant for it to be M/M/M/S but was unsuccessful (thankfully). So heartbreaking. It appears the father was engaging the right resources to get the kids safe. Perhaps she was making threats in the days leading up to 12/19. All MOO.

That would be my guess, but who knows.

This article points to a very messy custody battle, and the kid’s father is facing assault charges.

Such a sad case.

I probably missed it.. Sorry.. Where is it said that the father is facing assult charges? Thank you!

I probably missed it.. Sorry.. Where is it said that the father is facing assult charges? Thank you!
I don't think he is currently facing such charges. Back in September, however, she did make such an accusation against him, but LE saw no reason to follow through with an arrest.
On September 18, 2023, Wentz arrived at Singler's apartment home in Colorado Springs to retrieve the kids per their child custody agreement. Singler accused her ex-husband of calling her disparaging names and pulling a knife out on her.

Colorado Springs Police (CSPD) arrived and spoke with Wentz, who denied ever pulling out a knife on his ex-wife. Court documents say CSPD found no probable cause to arrest Wentz and left the apartment complex.

I don't think he is currently facing such charges. Back in September, however, she did make such an accusation against him, but LE saw no reason to follow through with an arrest.

On September 18, 2023, Wentz arrived at Singler's apartment home in Colorado Springs to retrieve the kids per their child custody agreement. Singler accused her ex-husband of calling her disparaging names and pulling a knife out on her.

Colorado Springs Police (CSPD) arrived and spoke with Wentz, who denied ever pulling out a knife on his ex-wife. Court documents say CSPD found no probable cause to arrest Wentz and left the apartment complex.
And that is exactly why they were exchanging their kids at a police station. No more false accusations from the ex-wife. IMO

Agree that's what I read too... big difference.

“The court did, however, on Sept. 29, 2023, grant the mother's motion to restrict her ex-husband's time with the kids until an investigation into two claims against him could be completed. The children's father was accused of felony menacing and false reporting after allegedly "pulling a knife." Both parents were ordered to submit to a polygraph test, according to court documents.” From the linked article.

“The court did, however, on Sept. 29, 2023, grant the mother's motion to restrict her ex-husband's time with the kids until an investigation into two claims against him could be completed. The children's father was accused of felony menacing and false reporting after allegedly "pulling a knife." Both parents were ordered to submit to a polygraph test, according to court documents.” From the linked article.
Ah, my mistake. Those charges are not current.

They were neither current nor ever actually brought. It seems there was an allegation that has never led to any "charges" whatsoever. I think we should be very careful in indicating someone has faced "charges" that don't exist.

ETA: This also indicated that both parties were to submit to polygraphs on this, and KS sought to exclude herself from that requirement.

They were neither current nor ever actually brought. It seems there was an allegation that has never led to any "charges" whatsoever. I think we should be very careful in indicating someone has faced "charges" that don't exist.

ETA: This also indicated that both parties were to submit to polygraphs on this, and KS sought to exclude herself from that requirement.
I agree. I misread the article, and I apologize. I would never intend to provide misinformation.

Yes, I had thought they were current, as well.
But it seems it was a tactic that the mother was using, and probably a big reason why the court eventually ruled against her and in favor of him having custody.

If only the officials had understood just how much danger she actually posed to these children.

The court thinks it has ruled justly, but then unknowingly allows a situation where the party who loses custody murders the children.

I can’t imagine how this Dad feels at the holiday season: He won the battle but lost the war.
Horrendous.

That would be my guess, but who knows.

This article points to a very messy custody battle, and the kid’s father is facing assault charges.

Such a sad case.

According to an article that was posted earlier...

Based on what we know now we certainly can't take KS's word that the father pulled a knife. It's quite likely the assault charges were made up by her in order to get full custody.

Edit - Oops, seems like you all beat me to it.

Do you have the source of the polygraph exclusion. i reviewed above articles--quicky--and could not find this detail.

I am sensing more of this woman screwing with her husband and LE for quite awhile before her evil deeds. But maybe the husband has some issues too. It would be good to get clarification as we go forward.

This is very frustrating reporting... with so little data.
They MUST know more. I guess I don't see why staying so silent is the 'right thing' here......
Just so frustrating.

Last edited:
Do you have the source of the polygraph exclusion. I am sensing more of this woman screwing with her husband and LE for quite awhile before her evil deeds. But maybe the husband has some issues too. It would be good to get clarification as we go forward.

This is very frustrating reporting... with so little data.

Yes, the source is the article posted on the prior page of this thread. Court docs reveal custody battle involving Colorado mother accused of killing 2 of her children

"Both parents were ordered to submit to a polygraph test, according to court documents.

On Nov. 7, 2023, the court denied Singler's request to be excluded from polygraph testing, the court document said."

Last edited:
Yes, the source is the article posted on the prior page of this thread. Court docs reveal custody battle involving Colorado mother accused of killing 2 of her children

"Both parents were ordered to submit to a polygraph test, according to court documents.

On Nov. 7, 2023, the court denied Singler's request to be excluded from polygraph testing, the court document said."

Thanks...... this is an important article.

Except the article still accentuates bumbling, to me. When, actually, did they determine the robbery was a ruse?
I don't think they ever should have lost track of her.

She really does seem quite wily. Why aren't more people not speaking out?

Thanks...... this is an important article.

Except the article still accentuates bumbling, to me. When, actually, did they determine the robbery was a ruse?
I don't think they ever should have lost track of her.

She really does seem quite wily. Why aren't more people not speaking out?
Yes, it’s obvious she wanted the children dead but for her and them to look like the victims of a robbery. I wonder if someone spoke out, like the father and his attorney when they were informed about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back