CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Date
Len
Appearance
Name
Hearing Type
Case #
1/10/24
3:30 PM​
1Hr​
IN PERSON​
SINGLER, KIMBERLEE​
Pre-Trial Conference​
D212023JV31046​
El Paso County​
DIV V-Room W350 (West Tower)

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Per my notes re this hearing:

12/29/23 Update: Has a pretrial conference hearing on 1/10/24 @ 3:30pm for case #D212023JV31046. This hearing is regarding the custody of children. According to court documents, a court ruling was made for Singler to bring her children to her ex-husband for a holiday visit. Those papers say that they were scheduled to meet at CSPD's Stetson Hills Substation at 9am on 12/16/23. It is unclear at this time if Singler showed up for that meeting, but court documents says that her ex-husband made an emergency motion for police to enforce the custody agreement on the 17th. The case is over a permanent protection order.

Why on earth would you flee to the UK? For all intents and purposes you aren't far off just in another state with the level of co-operation and its a tiny country with nowhere to hide or get out of country. Should have flown to mainland Europe
It's easy to get out of the UK. The Eurostar is easy to take to Paris and then from there it's easy to take trains. You do not have to show ID to buy Eurostar or train tickets. But if she were to use her debit it credit card it's easy to track. Europe is very cashless these days.

It's easy to get out of the UK. The Eurostar is easy to take to Paris and then from there it's easy to take trains. You do not have to show ID to buy Eurostar or train tickets. But if she were to use her debit it credit card it's easy to track. Europe is very cashless these days.
Is it still easy with Brexit, though? Now England and Europe have hard borders.

“On Oct. 20, 2022, the ex-husband filed an emergency motion to "prevent abduction and to terminate the stipulated order" allowing the children to move to Florida with Stingler. About a week later, the court scheduled an abduction prevention hearing, but Singler did not show up again. They attempted to contact her by phone and mail to her home address

The ex husband tried ….this is heartbreaking.

So, we’re looking at 2022 and not 2023?

Is it still easy with Brexit, though? Now England and Europe have hard borders.
Even before Brexit, the UK was never part of the Schengen agreement. I believe an identity card was sufficient for cross-border travel if you were European, but Americans have always had to show a passport to cross over to the continent.

New article, with a few more details.

911 call came from inside the home, and KS was initially cooperating with LE after being released from the hospital...until she wasn't.

"Singler was initially cooperating with police after her release from the hospital. At some point, she became uncooperative and police were unable to get in contact with her, Cronin said."

WHERE is grandma??

Why on earth would you flee to the UK? For all intents and purposes you aren't far off just in another state with the level of co-operation and its a tiny country with nowhere to hide or get out of the country. Should have flown to mainland Europe
Kaitlin Armstrong was captured in Costa Rica, and maybe KS didn’t like the Nicaragua option?

The Adelsons were headed to Vietnam, but their trip ended at the airport. Maybe KS wanted to actually make it onto a plane?

Ukraine and Gaza are very unpredictable these days, so rule those out.

I’m not heading to Myanmar or Russia long-term, if I can help it.

Wearing a full-coverage burkha might do the trick, but in those countries, I’d have to have a guy chaperone me everywhere if I’m out and about. How is that an advance over jail?

What’s a murderous gal to do?

Australia is definitely out. Have you seen those Australian customs videos? They can prolly pick up week-old bloodstains with those machines of theirs. As for those immigration agents' xray eyes…. No way.

She can’t join Boko Haram, ‘cos she’d stick out in a camp for obvi reasons. Plus, it’s kinda hard to wash your hair in the Sahara, so, yep, no on that concept. Besides, on the face of it, UK sounds a whole lot safer than Burkina Faso, which, come to think of it, she likely has never heard of….

Seriously, where do you hide out in this day and age if you treasure your mods and cons?

Last edited:
“On Oct. 20, 2022, the ex-husband filed an emergency motion to "prevent abduction and to terminate the stipulated order" allowing the children to move to Florida with Stingler. About a week later, the court scheduled an abduction prevention hearing, but Singler did not show up again. They attempted to contact her by phone and mail to her home address

The ex husband tried ….this is heartbreaking.

I completely agree with you. I don't understand why the court continued to allow her to bring motions and then not show up for her own motions, much less his????? Seems like this was a pattern for sure.

You need passports to enter France/Amsterdam, you can't just hop on the train/ferry without showing passports. It's not easy at all to get out of the UK once an alert is in place on your passport.

Kaitlin Armstrong was captured in Costa Rica, and maybe KS didn’t like the Nicaragua option?

The Adelsons were headed to Vietnam, but their trip ended at the airport. Maybe KS wanted to actually make it onto a plane?

Ukraine and Gaza are very unpredictable these days, so rule those out.

I’m not heading to Myanmar or Russia long-term, if I can help it.

Wearing a full-coverage burkha might do the trick, but in those countries, I’d have to have a guy chaperone me everywhere if I’m out and about. How is that an advance over jail?

What’s a murderous gal to do?

Australia is definitely out. Have you seen those Australian customs videos? They can prolly pick up week-old bloodstains with those machines of theirs. As for their body-language eagle eyes…. No way.

She can’t join Boko Haram, ‘cos she’d stick out in a camp for obvi reasons. Plus, it’s kinda hard to wash your hair in the Sahara, so, yep, no on that concept. Besides, on the face of it, UK sounds a whole lot safer than Burkina Faso, which, come to think of it, she likely has never heard of….

Seriously, where do you hide out in this day and age if you treasure your mods and cons?
I think Turkey tends to be a country of choice for those inclined to run!

Oh no, what happened here? These are older children so unlikely to be a post-partem disorder. The photo of the mum is very difficult to reconcile with these crimes MOO
Agreed.
Monsters don't look like it.
That's the case in Lauren Heike's murderer ... I'd walk by him in an ordinary public setting and not give him a second thought.
For some reason I expect killers to look deranged.
The fact that this sorry excuse for a mother fled the country indicates guilt, imo.

Rip to these sweet kids, and prayers for the survivor.
She has a long road ahead of her !
Omo.

Vietnam would have been a better choice for escape. Vietnam does not extradite to U.S. English is widely spoken. MOO
This isn't true. While Vietnam doesn't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., they will extradite on a case-by-case basis. In fact, it happened earlier this year last year. (edit - Forgot it was 2024. Happy New Year!)

The Ministry of Public Security coordinated with U.S. law enforcement to extradite the two suspects back to the U.S.
"We appreciate the collaboration and investigation efforts of Vietnam's Ministry of Public Security officers in locating these suspects and bringing them to face justice in the U.S. The partnership between Vietnamese and American law enforcement agencies has safeguarded both our nations. We hope that the capture of these criminals will bring some solace to the families of the victims," U.S. Consul General Susan Burns said, as cited in a statement.

Almost every country, even those on unfriendly terms with the U.S., will do this. No one wants a foreign criminal inside their borders.

Even before Brexit, the UK was never part of the Schengen agreement. I believe an identity card was sufficient for cross-border travel if you were European, but Americans have always had to show a passport to cross over to the continent.
Interesting. I don't remember doing so on Eurostar, or either end. That was maybe 15 years ago, though.

Interesting. I don't remember doing so on Eurostar, or either end. That was maybe 15 years ago, though.
Someone almost certainly took a look at it, but it was often a cursory check. Here's an old travel thread from 2008, discussing the passport check.

This isn't true. While Vietnam doesn't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., they will extradite on a case-by-case basis. In fact, it happened earlier this year last year. (edit - Forgot it was 2024. Happy New Year!)

The Ministry of Public Security coordinated with U.S. law enforcement to extradite the two suspects back to the U.S.
"We appreciate the collaboration and investigation efforts of Vietnam's Ministry of Public Security officers in locating these suspects and bringing them to face justice in the U.S. The partnership between Vietnamese and American law enforcement agencies has safeguarded both our nations. We hope that the capture of these criminals will bring some solace to the families of the victims," U.S. Consul General Susan Burns said, as cited in a statement.

Almost every country, even those on unfriendly terms with the U.S., will do this. No one wants a foreign criminal inside their borders.
@ch_13 Do you think China would have been a better choice?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back