CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She wasn't named as a suspect on the date she flew out so very likely used her own passport. Although she must have known it was coming!

Do we know what day she flew to London?

So many questions ! And the vague ' upcoming Press conference' by CSPD is sus.

From the link below:

"The Colorado Springs Police Department said Sunday that Singler was arrested without incident, but shared no other information or photos. Officials say more information will be released at a press conference, but didn't indicate when that would be held."

We're waiting....

She had to know, IMO, that she'd be found in the UK sooner or later, but it did give her a bit of "what do I do next?" time.
She needs to get back over here ASAP.
What in the world made her do what she allegedly did -- WRT leaving the country? Why didn't she just leave and settle in another state in the US?

She must have done for the flight. London really isn't somewhere you can hide *unless* you have rock solid contacts. She doesn't strike me as having those sort of contacts.
Even with rock solid contacts, it's a place with one of the highest levels of surveillance in the world if you're in London, which she was. It would have been fairly easy to track every movement from the moment she landed.

If you travel on the Eurostar from the UK your passport is checked by both English & French customs (and scanned by the French ones) on departure in London and you get an entry stamp now for France. I know because I do the journey a lot and my passport is getting very full!
Once in the UK a person could take a ferry from England to France. I haven't done it myself so I don't know what is required to buy a ticket. I assume a person would have to go through passport control at the port. Doesn't matter since she was arrested already.

Even with rock solid contacts, it's a place with one of the highest levels of surveillance in the world if you're in London, which she was. It would have been fairly easy to track every movement from the moment she landed.
I think she really didn’t know what to do.
Thank God she didn’t have family in some far-flung country without extradition to the US.
It happens.

Does this mean that KS will remain in London until at least the end of January? If so, dayummmmm.
MOO
Like most European countries the UK won't extradite people to the USA if there is the chance they'll face the Death Penalty. So there'll have to be assurances that won't happen before extradition proceedings are formalised.
I realise Colorado doesn't have the Death Penalty atm but they may require confirmation that it won't be on the table if the law changes. Or federally?

This one is leaving me without words...
I know. Maybe she figured she'd be caught eventually, and ... was the UK on her bucket list of places to visit? Had she been there before? Maybe she wanted a "last hurrah" in a nice London hotel for a few weeks spending down her money before being captured or perhaps had planned to end her life there but got caught first?

So, I guess like Susan Smith she does her 30 years in prison - gets out - and marries one of her many admirers. One thing for sure I'd do and is never done - if I'm the husband and remaining child, I legally change my name very soon. Just me.

What a strange twist. I imagine it was pretty simple to find her. If she came in to Heathrow then she probably took the shiney new camera'd-up Elizabeth Line into London.

So they would have know where she got off. Even if she somehow then managed to slip all the CCTV, unless she had a stack of £££ she would have to start using card or getting money out.

Chances are she used her card to book a room, even if she didn't. Check the local hotels, Uber, Black Taxis, buses (cashless and contactless). She'd have been leaving a fair footprint unless she immediately holed up at a local friend's house, and they'd have been looked into.

Can't imagine why she'd pick the UK of all places. Ok you got the language, but it's a small island, big ties with the US, extradition treaty, reasonably competent police and you definitely need a passport to get back out the country unless you really know people. The only conceivable place to slip into without one is Ireland and then you still have the same problem.

So, I guess like Susan Smith she does her 30 years in prison - gets out - and marries one of her many admirers. One thing for sure I'd do and is never done - if I'm the husband and remaining child, I legally change my name very soon. Just me.

I just looked up Susan Smith. She is still incarcerated, yes? I see that she's eligible for parole later this year, but is there an indication that she will get it? I also didn't see she'd remarried but could have missed that as well.

Shades of Neil Entwistle…

Her choice to come to the UK is odd but could it be that that was the available international flight at the time, the soonest one she could get on from whatever airport she left at.

Its very difficult to leave the UK without a passport, except to Ireland. Ferries, Chunnel and Eurostar would all require a passport. Famously plenty of people getting smuggled in, perhaps she fancied her chances getting smuggled out?

She wasn't caught at passport control before she got on the plane at whichever American airport, so maybe she hoped she could skip off to another European country on the eastern edge of the EU before the British police caught up to her?
Or is there no passport control before you get on a plane for an international flight from the US? There is in Europe, they won't let you board without your passport.

But it's also quite possible she didn't really know what she was doing or have much clue about the UK or the rest of Europe.

I hope she's extradited back to the US soon, but I imagine it's not quite so straightforward as somebody being moved between states within the US. Due process and all that. Not to mention back-logged cases etc.

MOO

She was maybe on the plane before they were looking for her, having released her. So passport checks in the US could have been passed with no problem. Possibly the same upon arrival in the UK, but then records were checked once it was known she had absconded and hence she was tracked retrospectively.

She was maybe on the plane before they were looking for her, having released her. So passport checks in the US could have been passed with no problem. Possibly the same upon arrival in the UK, but then records were checked once it was known she had absconded and hence she was tracked retrospectively.
That's what I meant in part of my post above, but you made a more succinct description!

I just looked up Susan Smith. She is still incarcerated, yes? I see that she's eligible for parole later this year, but is there an indication that she will get it? I also didn't see she'd remarried but could have missed that as well.
Yeah I don’t see her getting out. IMO

Or anybody marrying her. lol use her yes. Love her, no way imo

Perhaps she did some advance planning. Maybe she was corresponding with someone in UK. Maybe she thought someone in UK would take her in and she would be safe. Maybe this thinking makes no sense but nothing in this case makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SacramentoKing
Back