Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot in the left temple, bullet exited behind right ear, shot at close range, no bullet or gun recovered at the scene

Recent veinipucture marks found in her arms. Notes past heroin and meth use. Found covered in leaves, wearing black hoodie, black jeans, black boots, black socks

I personally don't see SS as having a firearm.

JMO

Or being allowed around her when she is high. If she was thought to be in recovery by several people close to her, she probably let very few people around her when she was using recently. Should help narrow down who she would have been around... she lived with her boyfriend....

With no bullet found on the scene, I’m starting to feel strongly that like she was not killed where she was found - which has been my sense all along. What do you guys think?

It’s possible the perp(s) carefully cleaned up but, IMO, not likely. It seems the perp wanted to hide her body, but didn’t do much- just covered the body with leaves.

My sense is that he or she moved the body after the shooting to throw off the investigation and wanted to get out of there quickly, back to the real crime scene to clean up.

All speculation of course.

I hope LE is able to carefully search the vehicles of people close to Natalie for forensic evidence if she was moved.

What else can we gather from the autopsy information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With no bullet found on the scene, I’m starting to feel strongly that like she was not killed where she was found - which has been my sense all along. What do you guys think?

It’s possible the perp(s) carefully cleaned up but, IMO, not likely. It seems the perp wanted to hide her body, but didn’t do much- just covered the body with leaves.

My sense is that he or she moved the body after the shooting to throw off the investigation and wanted to get out of there quickly, back to the real crime scene to clean up.

All speculation of course.

I hope LE is able to carefully search the vehicles of people close to Natalie for forensic evidence if she was moved.

What else can we gather from the autopsy information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have seen, addicts and alcoholics, especially addicts, keep their user friends separate from their every day friends. Then if they relapse they become all the more secretive even making new contacts.. IMO this may not be someone who is known to her friends and family. I agree she was not killed there. With the exit wound above her right ear I imagine LE would have been able to fine it in the ground or within close proximity.

If there are active users who attended the meetings she attended or who stopped going LE may be looking into that.

JMO

I am torn on where she was killed. I can see arguments for/against her being killed where she was found. Dumped close to the road and quickly covered with leaves and no bullet found-killed elsewhere. Shot on the scene, bullet just has not been found yet or the killer found it-killed there. I don’t think there is enough detail yet.

Dumping her/ shooting her close to a road and only covering with leaves seems like a panicked move/not premeditated.

From what I have seen, addicts and alcoholics, especially addicts, keep their user friends separate from their every day friends. Then if they relapse they become all the more secretive even making new contacts.. IMO this may not be someone who is known to her friends and family. I agree she was not killed there. With the exit wound above her right ear I imagine LE would have been able to fine it in the ground or within close proximity.

If there are active users who attended the meetings she attended or who stopped going LE may be looking into that.

JMO

It is a strange scenario though. She was high. Which means she was likely around the person who did this as she got high. Did she OD? Was she intentionally overdosed? Did someone panic because she overdosed? But why shoot her in the head?

If she had a potentially lethal amount in her system then what was going on that made someone feel they should shoot her at that point? It's very odd.

And it sounds like an execution. For what?

There were many rumors about drugs being involved online and this sure links to that.

Or being allowed around her when she is high. If she was thought to be in recovery by several people close to her, she probably let very few people around her when she was using recently. Should help narrow down who she would have been around... she lived with her boyfriend....

Yeah. I agree. She was afraid of him and he isn't a known user so I can't think of a scenario in which he would be around her while she's getting high.

It is a strange scenario though. She was high. Which means she was likely around the person who did this as she got high. Did she OD? Was she intentionally overdosed? Did someone panic because she overdosed? But why shoot her in the head?

If she had a potentially lethal amount in her system then what was going on that made someone feel they should shoot her at that point? It's very odd.

There were many rumors about drugs being involved online and this sure links to that.

I thought about the OD angle. The sad part of that is, and all too common, because opiates suppress the respiratory system, the victim goes into a deep sedation and may stop breathing or have very shallow breathing at best. They can be revived with chest compression and narcan (Naloxone), but sadly it may be easier for a dealer to finish the job rather than call 911. Often times a victim is simply dumped somewhere without realizing they are still alive. If she had a lethal amount in her system and the ME determined COD was the gunshot wound she likely was still breathing.

JMO

I thought about the OD angle. The sad part of that is, and all too common, opiates suppress the respiratory system, the victim goes into a deep sedation and may stop breathing or have very shallow breathing at best. They can be revived with chest compression and narcan, but sadly it may be easier for a dealer to finish the job rather than call 911. Often times a victim is simply dumped somewhere without realizing they are still alive. If she had a lethal amount in her system and the ME determined COD was the gunshot wound she likely was still breathing.

JMO

I've never heard of a dealer actually killing and dumping an OD victim! Whoa. Takes it to a whole other level.

BBM. My exact thoughts.

Drug debt?

ETA: Within 3 hours someone knew something was wrong, and she had a lot of heroin in her system. Maybe she went to buy?

I've never heard of a dealer actually killing and dumping an OD victim! Whoa. Takes it to a whole other level.

Yeah. And I don't see a regular addict carrying a gun when he could sell it to buy heroin. It says dealer / supplier to me.

I think she was probably high and got into an argument while high. I don’t think her being high was directly related to the murder. Her family has all maintained that she has been clean, but her boyfriend’s friend had said she was using again. Natalie’s friend tagged her when she was missing, asking everyone for help in finding her because she “is not well”.

I think we will find this is a domestic situation, or a dealer that was known as big trouble (remember, police were notified by a family member, IMO her sister, that something was very wrong. They started looking for her just two hours after that, so there was a reason for that high level of alarm).

Would police say there is no threat to the public if this was a dealer, though? Would a dealer be so careless to dump a body close to the road, only covered in leaves? I would think they are typically more savvy than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503