GUILTY CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last night I drove by the key I-25 exits, Harmony Rd, etc. Scary, daaaark land off to the sides. Of course, overpasses also. Around Exit 250, where the most recent shattering occurred, there was a major construction project going on in between the northbound and southbound lanes, traffic was backed up faaaaar heading north. There were some interesting structures I thought I saw in the construction lane, like some kind of metal tower things, can't be sure, and also there were was a looooong line of vehicles in this lane, some appeared to look like oil tankers.

Eta: I also drove through downtown Loveland (saw lots of shady people standing outside what looked like a methadone clinic, lol). Baffling, that Connole's killer is still unidentified. This is a small town, things close together, lots of cameras. My impression is that whoever killed Connolly knows these streets well. It's really ballsy to shoot here, imo. And kill someone with a shotgun at close range on a downtoen street. I think he/they is very familiar with Loveland. Maybe lives really close or has ties, experience in this town? Jmo.

Eta: also drove near the Jacoby location. Observed cornfields, lots of open land, barns, etc. I think whoever killed Jacoby was in a vehicle, right? Drive by? Was Jacoby shot at close range? Iirc, he was shot more than once? I don't want the details to fade. Thank goodness we have got everything possible documented in these threads here as memory begins to fade with time re details.

Last night I drove by the key I-25 exits, Harmony Rd, etc. Scary, daaaark land off to the sides. Of course, overpasses also. Around Exit 250, where the most recent shattering occurred, there was a major construction project going on in between the northbound and southbound lanes, traffic was backed up faaaaar heading north. There were some interesting structures I thought I saw in the construction lane, like some kind of metal tower things, can't be sure, and also there were was a looooong line of vehicles in this lane, some appeared to look like oil tankers.

Eta: I also drove through downtown Loveland (saw lots of shady people standing outside what looked like a methadone clinic, lol). Baffling, that Connole's killer is still unidentified. This is a small town, things close together, lots of cameras. My impression is that whoever killed Connolly knows these streets well. It's really ballsy to shoot here, imo. And kill someone with a shotgun at close range on a downtoen street. I think he/they is very familiar with Loveland. Maybe lives really close or has ties, experience in this town? Jmo.

Eta: also drove near the Jacoby location. Observed cornfields, lots of open land, barns, etc. I think whoever killed Jacoby was in a vehicle, right? Drive by? Was Jacoby shot at close range? Iirc, he was shot more than once? I don't want the details to fade. Thank goodness we have got everything possible documented in these threads here as memory begins to fade with time re details.

Thank you, magz, for all this, your eyes on invaluable refresher and take. It's brave and generous of you to do. I agree, it seems chilling that nothing more is known, on so many levels, besides the inherit cruelty. Two great, very kind and gentle souls, as mentioned in MSM by so many who knew Bill Connole and John Jacoby, gunned down at close range, where they were most comfortable. IIRC, Mr. Jacoby, shot at twice, and Mr. Connole, multiple times as he crossed the street, even as he sought shelter. LE released a sketch of the pink pickup for the Loveland shooting. The only vehicle mentioned in the Jacoby shooting was of a white SUV seen in the area, IIRC. Cory's description of the car was different than of both of those, IIRC, but two shots through her window in a driveby. She was entering a ramp to I 25, just after leaving her job that night at a big store nearby. She is also a very kind out-going person. I have to review and catchup, magz.

BTW, thank you for not venturing into the barn.

Thanks for the eyewitness descriptions! I feel like I've driven those roads, but it's only Google Streetview imagery in my head, and daytime imagery at that, with nothing moving. I agree about the shooter being familiar with the area. Here are the locations of the confirmed shootings. They all fit within a ten mile square - which only leaves 100 square miles to look at!
Screenshot 2016-09-12 at 8.22.45 PM.png

I don't think that we have any report that the killer was in a vehicle or not. Jacoby was indeed shot twice, but I haven't heard anything about the ranges involved.

Thank you, magz, for all this, your eyes on invaluable refresher and take. It's brave and generous of you to do. I agree, it seems chilling that nothing more is known, on so many levels, besides the inherit cruelty. Two great, very kind and gentle souls, as mentioned in MSM by so many who knew Bill Connole and John Jacoby, gunned down at close range, where they were most comfortable. IIRC, Mr. Jacoby, shot at twice, and Mr. Connole, multiple times as he crossed the street, even as he sought shelter. LE released a sketch of the pink pickup for the Loveland shooting. The only vehicle mentioned in the Jacoby shooting was of a white SUV seen in the area, IIRC. Cory's description of the car was different than of both of those, IIRC, but two shots through her window in a driveby. She was entering a ramp to I 25, just after leaving her job that night at a big store nearby. She is also a very kind out-going person. I have to review and catchup, magz.

BTW, thank you for not venturing into the barn.

Thanks for the eyewitness descriptions! I feel like I've driven those roads, but it's only Google Streetview imagery in my head, and daytime imagery at that, with nothing moving. I agree about the shooter being familiar with the area. Here are the locations of the confirmed shootings. They all fit within a ten mile square - which only leaves 100 square miles to look at!
View attachment 101231

I don't think that we have any report that the killer was in a vehicle or not. Jacoby was indeed shot twice, but I haven't heard anything about the ranges involved.

Yall rock.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_30396321

an update here...they do have suspects in custody that were in one of the cars...two young adults and a juvenile girl that are scheduled in court for today...a two year old little girl was in the backseat of one of the vehicles... a minivan was stolen from a neighborhood driveway where a woman was unloading groceries...they shot a window of her house before driving away... the minivan then went to Walmart to pickup one of the suspects...sounds like they were shooting at anything glass and fortunately didn't hurt anyone... one suspect said they smoked meth and went to Walmart to steal clothes... oh my...

The location where Jacoby was shot is in the open with no place to hide if a car came along. The killer almost certainly had a vehicle so they could leave the area quickly.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_30396321

an update here...they do have suspects in custody that were in one of the cars...two young adults and a juvenile girl that are scheduled in court for today...a two year old little girl was in the backseat of one of the vehicles... a minivan was stolen from a neighborhood driveway where a woman was unloading groceries...they shot a window of her house before driving away... the minivan then went to Walmart to pickup one of the suspects...sounds like they were shooting at anything glass and fortunately didn't hurt anyone... one suspect said they smoked meth and went to Walmart to steal clothes... oh my...

Thank you for this update, searchingGirl. Glad they were caught.

Morning everyone...
M25 clean out your mailbox, please

Note that no motive is released in the Kansas Highway shootings...

Mohammed Whitaker pleads guilty to 2014 Kansas City area highway shootings, will serve 30 years
POSTED 3:43 PM, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016,
http://fox4kc.com/2016/09/13/mohamm...y-area-highway-shootings-will-serve-30-years/

<snipped read more - Video>

Whitaker had been set to go to trial on September 26 before entering guilty pleas on Tuesday to 10 counts of unlawful discharge of a weapon at a motor vehicle and 10 counts of armed criminal action.

Police said Whitaker was responsible for at least nine different highway shootings, seven occurring on roadways around the Grandview Triangle between March and April of 2014. At least two victims were wounded, and there was a massive search for Whitaker, leading to a reward for his capture that two tipsters eventually split.

Officers arrested Whitaker at his Grandview apartment on April 17, 2014. At the time, investigators said they had linked a dozen shootings to Whitaker, matching .380 caliber bullets recovered at scenes between March 18 and April 6. Witnesses also linked Whitaker's cars to the crime scenes, and while he was under police surveillance, officers said he was seen pacing in drivers' blind spots while on the highway.

Note that no motive is released in the Kansas Highway shootings...

Mohammed Whitaker pleads guilty to 2014 Kansas City area highway shootings, will serve 30 years
POSTED 3:43 PM, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016,
http://fox4kc.com/2016/09/13/mohamm...y-area-highway-shootings-will-serve-30-years/

<snipped read more - Video>

Whitaker had been set to go to trial on September 26 before entering guilty pleas on Tuesday to 10 counts of unlawful discharge of a weapon at a motor vehicle and 10 counts of armed criminal action.

Police said Whitaker was responsible for at least nine different highway shootings, seven occurring on roadways around the Grandview Triangle between March and April of 2014. At least two victims were wounded, and there was a massive search for Whitaker, leading to a reward for his capture that two tipsters eventually split.

Officers arrested Whitaker at his Grandview apartment on April 17, 2014. At the time, investigators said they had linked a dozen shootings to Whitaker, matching .380 caliber bullets recovered at scenes between March 18 and April 6. Witnesses also linked Whitaker's cars to the crime scenes, and while he was under police surveillance, officers said he was seen pacing in drivers' blind spots while on the highway.

Thank you, Foxfire, for this great update. We were wondering what happened with Whitaker.

"I remember where I was standing when Chief Forte called to tell me Whitaker had been taken into custody. So it was good today to pass on the news of Whitaker's plea to the dedicated law enforcement personnel who spent countless, sleepless and stress-filled hours, day and night, bringing this man to justice," Baker stated in a news release.

"It was sort of a collective sigh of relief, the entire city felt, but certainly this police department and my office," she later told FOX 4.

'Almost 1.5 years later there is virtually complete ms media silence in the Nathaniel Scheiern ax murder of his grandparents in Glendale, CA'. The FBI counter terrorism unit is involved in this investigation. The CO Highway shootings ceased shortly before this heinous crime occurred in June 2015. 'Coincidence'? "Not, imo"..

AUGUST 21, 2016 7:22 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER
Just an FYI; Nathaniel Scheiern,

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/08/...ies-with-haste/comment-page-1#comment-1534082

The clip appears to be an ISIS terror video &#8212; and we&#8217;re not sharing it here because invective is followed by scenes of people being beheaded.

It&#8217;s too soon to know if material like this has any relation to the Glendale, California murders of Scheiern&#8217;s grandparents, William and Verna, for which Nathaniel was formally charged this week. But an autopsy reported cited by the Glendale News-Press reveals that William and Verna, ages 77 and 82 respectively, died of &#8220;blood loss from traumatic injuries.&#8221;

Nathaniel had reportedly been living with his grandparents for about a year because he was &#8220;troubled.&#8221;

Some of his difficulties were likely due to regular run-ins with law-enforcement departments in Colorado.

In 2007, he was again sharing the company of Weld County deputies owing to a parole violation &#8212; and in 2008, the agency put him on the hook for alleged criminal mischief and harassment, among other things.

January 2013 marked a jurisdiction switch. That time, he was busted in Jefferson County on a third-degree assault beef &#8212; and it appears he did some time related to it.

During December of 2013, he supplemented a photo of himself with this post: &#8220;Well I jus got outta the pokey n I missed a lot of people this past year. I apologize to my family who hurt the most but time for a better year. I missed you much friends n family. One Love kiddos.&#8221;

He appears to have still been in Colorado the following May, when he affixed a similar caption to the image at the top of his post: &#8220;Lifted&#8230;. 303 one love.&#8221;
<snipped - read more>

Thanks gf for the link to CAR's thread. :wave: Will direct further posts relating to "Ned" as we call it over there.

FBI now investigating explosive device found in Nederland
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-COL-explosive-device&p=12863297#post12863297

A bit about Nederland, known as our original hippy town where pot has been legal a long time, as I understand it.

(O/T, Putin is calling all Russians back to the "Motherland" and Zhirinovsky is threatening nuclear war if Clinton is elected? That there will be "Hiroshimas and Nagasakis everywhere"? Ummmmm, it was nice knowing you guys. Love you FHG, Forager, Foxfire and all the rest of you! (We'll most of the rest of you haha). Thanks for helping to keep this thread active, searchinGirl, etc!

I at least want to know who killed Jacoby and Connolle before we all die!! Can this thread survive a nuclear attack?)

:alien:

Suspect on the run after shots fired in Loveland
http://kdvr.com/2016/10/22/suspect-on-the-run-after-shots-fired-in-loveland/

"LOVELAND, Colo. &#8212; Loveland Police responded to a report of shots fired around 12:25 a.m. Saturday.

When officers arrived at the 1100 block of east 6th Street, they found several shell casings in the street and one vehicle that had damage from being shot several times.

Officers established a perimeter and began investigating the scene.

Officers contacted the owner of the vehicle who was found unharmed and not in the city at the time of the shooting."

Hmmmmmmm...
:waitasec:

Will ballistics match any priors, and if so, would they even tell us?

Loveland police investigate car shooting
No one injured in early morning incident on East Sixth Street
By Craig Young

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/...5564/loveland-police-investigate-car-shooting

Towards the end of the article:

"Detectives remained at the scene interviewing people about an earlier disturbance in the area, the release said, and officers don't believe there is any threat to the public."

What was the other disturbance?

*note to self to find police calls for early am this morning and last night. The Herald only has them updated through the 11th.
http://www.reporterherald.com/news/.../daily-record-loveland-police-calls-oct-10-11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back