CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ok. Yes, I have an intense fear of clowns and helium balloons, LOL. I was thinking hydrogen. (Crawling back in my hole...):loser:

I'm like the scarecrow...if I only had a brain... :blushing:
LOL!!! Along with every mother that has a birthday party with balloons! I'm guessing you're thinking about the Hindenburg?

Something hinky is going on here. They're showing a pic of the family and the wife is holding an ENG camera. Something tells me that this is a publicity stunt.

I just saw the neighbor (a few minutes ago) on FoxNews. He stated the three boys were on the roof of the house when two of the boys started yelling something about their brother being in the balloon. The neighbor said he actually thought it was a small airplane by what they said. The neighbor said he didn't see the balloon, he just saw the kids on the roof and them screaming.
If he saw all 3 boys on the roof, doesn't that account for Falcon? or was the balloon on the roof? If so, bet the neighbors just love them.

where were the parents as 3 small kids were on a ROOF???

My gut instinct, judging by the WifeSwap episode and the complete lack of discipline and parenting that I saw, is that the children weren't supervised. Just a guess.

I just saw the neighbor (a few minutes ago) on FoxNews. He stated the three boys were on the roof of the house when two of the boys started yelling something about their brother being in the balloon. The neighbor said he actually thought it was a small airplane by what they said. The neighbor said he didn't see the balloon, he just saw the kids on the roof and them screaming.

They were on the ROOF and the neighbor said they were well behaved???

You know, this family seems like just the kind whose son might be last seen riding a helium balloon. Also seems like the kind whose son might ask his brothers to say he was on a helium balloon while he hides. Also seems like the kind of family who might perpetrate a hoax for attention. However, it doesn't seem like the kind of family that would beat or murder a child.

Something hinky is going on here. They're showing a pic of the family and the wife is holding an ENG camera. Something tells me that this is a publicity stunt.

I sure do hope so! I hate the thought of that little boy falling from that balloon!

My 6-year olds were 75 lbs, but they were always the biggest 6 year olds.

My 6 1/2 yr old is 52 pounds. But I agree - the father said the balloon was not meant to carry a person. As for the door, I read that it was *unlocked*, not sealed shut.

They were on the ROOF and the neighbor said they were well behaved???

You know, this family seems like just the kind whose son might be last seen riding a helium balloon. Also seems like the kind whose son might ask his brothers to say he was on a helium balloon while he hides. Also seems like the kind of family who might perpetrate a hoax for attention. However, it doesn't seem like the kind of family that would beat or murder a child.

Someones in BIG trouble if this is a hoax! I just heard they are searching the ballons pathway to see if he had fallen out FWIW

Uh oh, JB is now going to say that Caylee flew off with the Winnie the Pooh balloon found at the site.

Slideshow:

Helium Balloon Gets Loose

A large helium balloon that escaped in northern Colorado Oct. 15, 2009, and was thought to have been carrying a 6-year-old Fort Collins boy landed in a field near Denver International Airport after being airborn for more than two hours. The boy wasn't in the balloon when it landed.

OMG. That video! Geez...

Someones in BIG trouble if this is a hoax! I just heard they are searching the ballons pathway to see if he had fallen out FWIW

I hope somebody's in big trouble if he fell out of the balloon, too. Allowing your kids to play on the roof, not to mention WITH A GIANT HELIUM BALLOON?? Outrageous! Criminal negligence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member