CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the "devil's advocates" forget that real people are here reading and reacting, and that we real people have feelings and the whole thing is not some anonymous flippancy contest.
Some appear to be on a mission to cause damage to SW's reputation. While others genuinely believe Chris's story. Debate is good. Looking at both sides is good. Trying to harm someone's reputation because of what Chris said, after he confessed to killing SW, is totally something different.

For all we know, they could have been alerting that they think CW was a creep. My dog does that, lol. I'm just kidding of course, they were obviously there for a purpose. Even if the only outcome was scaring CW, I'm happy with that.

LOL.
You can almost see his heart skip a beat when the first dog starts barking - I think that one is a scent dog getting very excited.

I still think, he assumes he's doing OKish on this day, when he does all his TV interviews.
It's not until the next day that he gets fired ( big shock) and he gets shown the maps of the oil tank loaction ( presumably given by Anadarko to LE)

For all we know, they could have been alerting that they think CW was a creep. My dog does that, lol. I'm just kidding of course, they were obviously there for a purpose. Even if the only outcome was scaring CW, I'm happy with that.
There was one moment during the interview when he looked concerned/alarmed by the dogs barking.
I wonder if he was promised that it would be easier on him if he gave the location. IMO

“"When he said she was the one strangling the children, I knew right then he was the one who strangled the children, because he can give all the details of what he said she did because he was doing it himself," she said. "It's going to be hard on the family to hear the lies. And there's some secrets there, I'm afraid. It's going to be hard for the jury. It's going to be hard for the public to really understand because there is no understanding it," Mowder said.”

Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'

I thought his interview was interesting because it more or less revolved around him. Instead of, "I miss their laughter" or "I miss Cece's little songs" it was, "I miss telling them to eat their food" and "I wanted them to come and do a barrell roll into my arms." There was nothing really personal about the children except for the troublemaker remark. It was weird.

I thought his interview was interesting because it more or less revolved around him. Instead of, "I miss their laughter" or "I miss Cece's little songs" it was, "I miss telling them to eat their food" and "I wanted them to come and do a barrell roll into my arms." There was nothing really personal about the children except for the troublemaker remark. It was weird.

I agree. It shows a lack of real emotional connection to his children.

Between the dogs, the drone spotting a bed sheet matching the ones in the house and freshly moved dirt at his worksite, SWs car and belongings being in the house and the neighbors camera showing she never left after arriving at 1:48 the only mystery is that it took 3 days to get a confession.

How in the world did he possibly think he was going to get away with this? Astounding.
with what you say;
The affidavit also said he showed them the location of bodies from aerial pic and “prior” to confession they had done consented check of site with drone . I think truck GPS for sure !

I think while being interviewed ( and perhaps after talking with his Dad, self-preservation fully kicked in for C.W.
His odds for beating a death penalty or LWOP, increase, if even one juror wonders if he did not actually kill his children.
Furthermore, I don’t think he could face his family and tell the truth.

Isalybra, would you tell us what Shanann and Chris were really like? We can get small snippets from SM, but that is not quite the same as knowing them in real life.
My response will not be a popular one. As I said in my post before, the photos and videos you see of Shanann are really how she was. Those aren't fake or posed, she genuinely was that happy and motivated! As far as Chris, I 100% believe he is guilty and deserves to pay for what he has done. However, Chris is not a sociopath. He is not the mindless "cardboard cut out of a man" people want to believe to explain how he could have done this. I do feel that for some reason he snapped. I am not saying I believe Shanann did what he is saying! But the Chris that did this is not the one I've spent time with. They legitimately were that couple everyone wanted to hate because they were so in love and affectionate like they worshipped the ground eachother walked on. The smiles and affection were real. She was so passionate about helping people feel better and become the best version of themselves they could be. Her life was about growing her business to give her family an amazing life and helping her team grow to do the same. She was an amazing woman and amazing leader who lit up any room she walked in. I won't pretend to know what happened behind closed doors except the say she WAS NOT in an abusive relationship. She and I had many talks about my own. If I had to make an assumption I would say that somewhere along the line he decided a.) He couldn't handle being in her shadow or b.) Decided that the fast paced highly public lifestyle of the business wasn't what he wanted and they grew apart. I'm sure it was a high stress situation and I'm sure it was a list of things unknown, including, his affair, that ended up with him snapping. I think after that he is to some degree emotionless but it was not always that way.

You can hear in the video CW in his own voice giving LE permission to search the home with the cadaver dogs even asking LE if he needs to sign anything.
He had to have known the dogs were going react to the smell of death in the home even if you were to believe his story.
Was/Is he that cocky to think he would get away with the dogs not picking up the scents?

I don’t know exactly how the cadaver dogs work but what scent would they pick up on? If all 3 were strangled then there will be no blood, they were removed likely straight away so not decomposing smells, and they lived in the house so their scent would be expected. I don’t believe the dogs would have picked up on anything IMO

Here’s another thing, the community here would have no doubt rallied together to search, myself included, had Shanann, Bella and CeCe not been found. As I mentioned before, I most certainly would have considered a work location, due to my understanding of awareness space and experience analyzing disposal locations in other cases. I would imagine that LE was searching all the wells, etc.

However, let’s say hypothetically LE was unable to look in the tanks, or maybe looked and didn’t find them, had CW not revealed their locations. I can’t even tell you what this would have done here as far as turning this area upside down looking for them.

Point of what I’m saying, had they not been found it would be a completely alternate reality, at least for me. Hope this makes sense.

““She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “

This comment is haunting. Boy was she right. And her friend delivered in such a way that imo, drastically changed the course of in the investigation. Again, as mentioned, the cover up that she likely derailed..

Shanann's friend said she knew Chris Watts 'had something to do' with family's murders

Her friend really came through in the clutch for her and her girls. She may not have been able to intervene in time to save them but she kept them from becoming a cold case in a box somewhere. She prevented C.W. from getting away with this. Her efforts mean that Shanann and her babies will be returned to her family.

I hope everyone has a friend who will listen and truly be there for them.

My response will not be a popular one. As I said in my post before, the photos and videos you see of Shanann are really how she was. Those aren't fake or posed, she genuinely was that happy and motivated! As far as Chris, I 100% believe he is guilty and deserves to pay for what he has done. However, Chris is not a sociopath. He is not the mindless "cardboard cut out of a man" people want to believe to explain how he could have done this. I do feel that for some reason he snapped. I am not saying I believe Shanann did what he is saying! But the Chris that did this is not the one I've spent time with. They legitimately were that couple everyone wanted to hate because they were so in love and affectionate like they worshipped the ground eachother walked on. The smiles and affection were real. She was so passionate about helping people feel better and become the best version of themselves they could be. Her life was about growing her business to give her family an amazing life and helping her team grow to do the same. She was an amazing woman and amazing leader who lit up any room she walked in. I won't pretend to know what happened behind closed doors except the say she WAS NOT in an abusive relationship. She and I had many talks about my own. If I had to make an assumption I would say that somewhere along the line he decided a.) He couldn't handle being in her shadow or b.) Decided that the fast paced highly public lifestyle of the business wasn't what he wanted and they grew apart. I'm sure it was a high stress situation and I'm sure it was a list of things unknown, including, his affair, that ended up with him snapping. I think after that he is to some degree emotionless but it was not always that way.

Thanks for this insight - can I just ask what you mean when you say he couldn’t handle being in her shadow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908