CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from news article: Quotes from CW:
"If somebody has her and they're not safe, I want them back now. That's what is in my head. If they're safe right now, they're going to come back," Mr Watts said in a TV interview outside the family home in Frederick, Colorado.

Breaking down his first sentence ~ CW already knows that they are not safe and that no body has them. Therefore when CW says " IF " and "I want them back now" he is really feeling the opposite. It is all pinged on the word "IF".

The sentence "that's what is in my head", you would think a person who's family is missing would be speaking about what is in their heart not what is in their head. Telling words IMO

Third sentence:
There is that word again "IF". "If they're safe right now, they're going to come back,"
Again he knows they are not safe and therefore he knows they are not coming back.

"But if they're not safe right now, that's the not-knowing part. Last night I had every light in the house on, I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids just running in and barrel-rushing me, but it didn't happen. And it was just a traumatic night trying to be here."

His wording is very disjointed in the first sentence. He is trying to put forth to public two images of being a concerned father into one thought, but it does come off as being genuine in nature.

"I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids just running in etc etc. How come no mention of SW in that sentence or thought process?

The last sentence makes me think that if your family is missing, one would draw comfort from being in their home where presumably loving and happy memories would reside. Why would it be traumatic to be in their home. If anything he should remain hopeful that his family would return.

My response will not be a popular one. As I said in my post before, the photos and videos you see of Shanann are really how she was. Those aren't fake or posed, she genuinely was that happy and motivated! As far as Chris, I 100% believe he is guilty and deserves to pay for what he has done. However, Chris is not a sociopath. He is not the mindless "cardboard cut out of a man" people want to believe to explain how he could have done this. I do feel that for some reason he snapped. I am not saying I believe Shanann did what he is saying! But the Chris that did this is not the one I've spent time with. They legitimately were that couple everyone wanted to hate because they were so in love and affectionate like they worshipped the ground eachother walked on. The smiles and affection were real. She was so passionate about helping people feel better and become the best version of themselves they could be. Her life was about growing her business to give her family an amazing life and helping her team grow to do the same. She was an amazing woman and amazing leader who lit up any room she walked in. I won't pretend to know what happened behind closed doors except the say she WAS NOT in an abusive relationship. She and I had many talks about my own. If I had to make an assumption I would say that somewhere along the line he decided a.) He couldn't handle being in her shadow or b.) Decided that the fast paced highly public lifestyle of the business wasn't what he wanted and they grew apart. I'm sure it was a high stress situation and I'm sure it was a list of things unknown, including, his affair, that ended up with him snapping. I think after that he is to some degree emotionless but it was not always that way.

I think that your description is what is so terrifying for me. They both looked like they loved each other and adored their children in the videos and photographs. They look healthy, happy, in love, and vibrant.

Really, I wish I never saw their photos because the light of all their lives is gone and it breaks my heart this happened. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. Thank you for being here.

Isalaybra, where you one of her thrive team members? Did you spend a lot of time with them together?

Feel free to not answer if you think that's giving out too much personal info, just curious about your relationship and how long you knew them and anything you can tell us about how they acted.

Do you know how long CW was selling thrive? There was speculation that her and the MLM could have contributed to him snapping but if he was selling too I think we can eliminate that aspect.

I don’t know exactly how the cadaver dogs work but what scent would they pick up on? If all 3 were strangled then there will be no blood, they were removed likely straight away so not decomposing smells, and they lived in the house so their scent would be expected. I don’t believe the dogs would have picked up on anything IMO
As soon as a person is deceased specific minute chemicals are released in the air that is what the dogs are trained to smell, smells that are undetectable by us.

Thanks for this insight - can I just ask what you mean when you say he couldn’t handle being in her shadow?
She was climbing the ladder of ranks in the company and very successful. She was getting to be high profile and well known even on other teams. Everywhere she went she was loved and adored so it was photos, phone calls, trainings etc etc and while he was a promoter too he was just with her.

“"When he said she was the one strangling the children, I knew right then he was the one who strangled the children, because he can give all the details of what he said she did because he was doing it himself," she said. "It's going to be hard on the family to hear the lies. And there's some secrets there, I'm afraid. It's going to be hard for the jury. It's going to be hard for the public to really understand because there is no understanding it," Mowder said.”

Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'
I think this is a very interesting article. Especially the part where she said, he intended to play the victim.

My response will not be a popular one. As I said in my post before, the photos and videos you see of Shanann are really how she was. Those aren't fake or posed, she genuinely was that happy and motivated! As far as Chris, I 100% believe he is guilty and deserves to pay for what he has done. However, Chris is not a sociopath. He is not the mindless "cardboard cut out of a man" people want to believe to explain how he could have done this. I do feel that for some reason he snapped. I am not saying I believe Shanann did what he is saying! But the Chris that did this is not the one I've spent time with. They legitimately were that couple everyone wanted to hate because they were so in love and affectionate like they worshipped the ground eachother walked on. The smiles and affection were real. She was so passionate about helping people feel better and become the best version of themselves they could be. Her life was about growing her business to give her family an amazing life and helping her team grow to do the same. She was an amazing woman and amazing leader who lit up any room she walked in. I won't pretend to know what happened behind closed doors except the say she WAS NOT in an abusive relationship. She and I had many talks about my own. If I had to make an assumption I would say that somewhere along the line he decided a.) He couldn't handle being in her shadow or b.) Decided that the fast paced highly public lifestyle of the business wasn't what he wanted and they grew apart. I'm sure it was a high stress situation and I'm sure it was a list of things unknown, including, his affair, that ended up with him snapping. I think after that he is to some degree emotionless but it was not always that way.

Welcome. Thank you for sharing your insight regarding Shannan & Chris.
It seems to me that Shannan was a good friend to have. I'm so sorry for the loss you are feeling with the passing of Shannan & girls.

I think that your description is what is so terrifying for me. They both looked like they loved each other and adored their children in the videos and photographs. They look healthy, happy, in love, and vibrant.

Really, I wish I never saw their photos because the light of all their lives is gone and it breaks my heart this happened. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. Thank you for being here.
I understand what you mean because it's agonizing trying to find some kind of grasp on this.

Good-Morning-In-Nature-Hd-Pics-Wallpaper-Best-Ideas-For-Iphone.jpg

Good morning! Thread is open for posting.

link for graphic

I keep coming back to how the two girls were in seperate tanks. If we believe CW’s story, that Shanann killed the girls and he killed her out of rage, or trying to protect them, surely he would have put his two girls together? Ok, I could buy that his rage at Shanann made him bury her separately, even though that meant her innocent unborn child went with her, but surely if he loved those girls at all he would have put them together. Putting them in the oil is horrific enough, but putting them in separately proves he didn’t care about them, IMO.

One remark CW made in that interview vid kind of makes me say "HUH?" was when he calls his older child a "troublemaker".
Wow.

I noticed that when I saw this interview early in the news cycle. I read it as emotionally and mentally "distancing" himself from his children, sort of a psychological defense mechanism. My strong feeling then was that he had killed them, we only had to wait for confirmation.

I made the mistake of watching the videos on Shannan’s Facebook last night. The girls were just so adorable. Watching Chris’s expressions when playing with them he looked so geniune. That’s what makes this case so difficult for me to comprehend.
I’m in the camp who thinks he got a taste of freedom and grew closer with AP during the 6 weeks Shannan and the girls were gone and simply wanted to start anew. Nothing deeper then that as hard as it is for us to believe. I suspect that with his new body and confidence his AP is someone he thought would be out of his league. He was all caught up in the high of a new lover and for him... out with the old in with the new. Even though we have seen it time and time again it continues to be shocking and horrifying to me.

IMO about the cell phone , I am still pondereding over who found it between cushions . However the wording that CW “ultimately surrendered it” suggests hesitation on his part
https://mediaassets.thedenverchannel.com/document/2018/08/20/arrest affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf

I can't find the link right now, but I thought there was an interview with LE that indicated they found the phone during the search of the house. Could be they found it but at that point had to ask his permission to take it.
Will have to go back to look for the news item. If he hesitated, its obvious why he did so.

In addition, the same news story noted her bag, purse, and I think shoes, etc. were found near the front door, at the bottom of the stairs. It sounded as if her phone was the only possession on her person that night that was found upstairs. I got the impression, JMO, she was sort of ambushed shortly after arriving home. Whatever happened, began and ended rather quickly. It wasn't like she went home, took a shower, got in her nightclothes, etc.

ETA: This info may be in one of the legal documents.

Last edited:
I don’t know exactly how the cadaver dogs work but what scent would they pick up on? If all 3 were strangled then there will be no blood, they were removed likely straight away so not decomposing smells, and they lived in the house so their scent would be expected. I don’t believe the dogs would have picked up on anything IMO
Cadaver dogs can already smell the scent of decompositon at an early stage after death, where the human nose (which has much fewer olfactory cells) would not yet smell it.

As for how long the bodies of SW and her daughters possibly remained in the house: The cameara captured CW backing his truck up to the garage at 5:27 a.m. So the bodies might have been left for quite some time in the house before he loaded them into the truck.

Last edited:
Right? How did they get this far in life and NOT show they were monsters inside??
He must have a psycho disorder. They are perfect as long as they are getting everything they want. Apparently he was tired of his family and wanted to move on. I think the motive was financial. He didn't want to pay child support for 3 children for years and years. And if SW was gone he could sell the possessions and property. At first I thought he killed them out of rage following an argument but now I think it was cold/calculated and premeditated. I can't figure out the timing tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member