CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were in deep financial trouble, living on the edge and everything was about to cave in all at once, and there was absolutely nothing either one could do to stop it. I’m talking everything, utility bills, charge accounts, mortgage, everything. Time had run out. I think he blamed her for spending too much money, and she blamed him for not being a man and an adaquate breadwinner. I think he was in a dead end job, and she had this job that promised the moon and kept her so busy, but it didn’t bring in any money. I can imagine her saying, “At least I’m doing something!” I think he felt like a loser, meaning his self esteem was at an all time low. I imagine his lover would tell him how wonderful he was. I can see where he grew to hate Shanann and what he perceived she’d done to his life, he felt trapped and disrespected, and all the while they had to play act for the world how wonderful everything was, which had to have been crazy making. And then I get to murdering the children. Why? Why? Why? And by strangulation! Why? Why? Why? I can’t answer it. Snapped? Could Shanann have said something so hurtful to him that he snapped? Could he have said something so hurtful to Shanann that she snapped? None of it makes sense to me.

Shanann texted her that she will need her more than ever when she gets back. This came from Shanann. That she needed her. So it was her place to get involved. This is what people do who know and care about each other. This is what friends do for each other. She was generally concerned that maybe Shanann had a medical emergency, etc.

I haven’t seen it verified that she said that other that the friends word.

She needed a good reason for police to go to the house other and she isn’t answering the phone. Is it possible she fibbed about SW
passing out and dr appointment to make it seem more urgent?
What does it matter now? She was right that there was something very wrong. The friend isn’t on trial. CW is.

Last edited:
And making 5 weeks of meals isn't something you would do if you were having effectively a trial separation by going away all of July (as we wondered about) or planning to have one on your return.

Would anyone here do 5 weeks frozen portions if they also suspected an affair?
Not only that but NU said SW entertained the idea of CW cheating, but brushed it off saying he had "no game".

They also had a gender reveal coming up.

Nothing I've seen of SW indicates she was planning on a separation or divorce. NU did not say they were. The only 2 people that have said this are CW and some random hairdresser.

Moo

Do you think he killed them right after the birthday party or later that night? I always assumed he did it later, but I’m not sure. Regardless he knew what he was planning so it’s crazy to me that he just seemed to go about the day like normal and then methodically kill his kids and wife.
Because I can’t quite wrap my head around him 100% cold bloodedly murdering his family ( for any reason ), based on family pics and other descriptions of him by those who knew him.....I still hold out hope that initially something happened to one of the girls after the birthday party....such as an asthma attack and this precipitated his impulse to take advantage of the situation to free himself. Once this initial action or lack of action took place, his entire thinking locked into a plan of complete freedom and denial.
So essentially I’m suspecting some type of initial violent impulse followed by premeditation.

I was thinking, is there any proof that SW briefly passed out the day before? Did anyone else verify the friends story? We’re there other witnesses than just the one friend?

Also, is there any proof that she even had a doctor appointment other than the friend telling police? Has it been verified that she had a Dr appointment?

Why would her friend make this up lol

She needed a good reason for police to go to the house other and she isn’t answering the phone. Is it possible she fibbed about SW passing out and dr appointment to make it seem more urgent?

So, are you saying in your opinion that Nicole lied to a dispatcher, to LEO who arrived on scene Monday afternoon and to the news media later? Nicole appears to be a very genuine friend whom most of us would want in our lives. SW was not only her friend but her "boss" on some level. IMHO, your conjecture is very damning to not only Nicole but also SW. Why? You are blaming everyone but CW and that is just twisted.

Not only that but NU said SW entertained the idea of CW cheating, but brushed it off saying he had "no game".

They also had a gender reveal coming up.

Nothing I've seen of SW indicates she was planning on a separation or divorce. NU did not say they were. The only 2 people that have said this are CW and some random hairdresser.

Moo
I am a little skeptical about that hairdresser knowing so much about their plans. Wasn't the whole family there? And SW started talking about being unhappy in marriage? Something is weird there, but maybe it was the family hairdresser who they had been talking with for years.

I can’t move past that it wasn’t her place to get involved.
She drove her home the night before and stated SW wasn’t feeling well. Even if she had not a “scheduled “ appointment she would call the dr to have the baby checked and they would work her in . IMO it could have been as easy as “let me know if I can watch the girls or drive you to dr”. SW may have missed a morning conference call which prompted immediate concern bc she knew she was ill and would have to be up taking care of her children . So she drove by as I would to help a friend . When the door opened and she could see her shoes she prob checked garage bc now it’s errie quiet and even if she was resting or ill the kids would be up . So Chris confirmed he hadn’t spoke with her either and she alerted him LE needs called

I was thinking, is there any proof that SW briefly passed out the day before? Did anyone else verify the friends story? We’re there other witnesses than just the one friend?
I don’t understand why you’re having such a hard time understanding Nicole calling the police. She was very close to Shanann, she knew her daily habits, she knew what Shanann was supposed to be doing that morning. Nicole knew Shanann didn’t do anything she usually did or said she was going to do. She walked into that house, and everything she saw set off red flag alerts. Chris was acting unconcerned, talking about an argument they’d had, Nicole was genuinely afraid something was very wrong with her friend, so she called the police. Works for me.

More likely she did it because she was a doting mother and did it for her kids’ sake. Probably didn’t trust he would do it the right way and or how she would like it.

her kids went with her, when she went back home to stay with her folks. The meals were basically for him, or the "batchelor" (sic) as she called him in the post about the bulk meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB